Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Our Healthcare Bill
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Our Healthcare Bill (Read 3,402 times)
MoGal
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Our Healthcare Bill
Reply #30 - 07/10/17 at 09:00:39
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 07/09/17 at 13:51:06:
I am working from the premise that government in health insurance is just not going away.  It doesn't come from any personal experience.  Other than to say young people should buy it too.

I just don't see that the system will go back to what it was.  And that was another goal of Obamacare.  Even if it is repealed, he still got his goal - government health care.

Do you really think this will go away and the other system come back?  As Ronald Reagan put it "the closest thing to eternal life is a government program."  I would WANT the same you do, I just don't think it's going to happen.  So I try to think in that context now.

Lily003    Undecided

I think Lily003 is correct...once the government got involved in health insurance (Medicare and Medicaid) there is no putting the horse back in the barn.  Most of us on this forum enjoy the benefits of Medicare, but the government is behind the curtain telling doctors and hospital what they can and cannot do and what they will and will not pay for and how much they will pay. There is no way that will ever be changed. 

IP Logged

DEW
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #31 - 07/10/17 at 09:02:10
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 07/10/17 at 08:57:22:
I have never understood why a person can stay on their parents policy until 26.  I can understand until high school, but after that, shouldn't a person start doing things on their own?

Another control element.  If they get 'em while young they think they have control for life!

IP Logged

Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #32 - 07/10/17 at 09:04:40
Print Post  
I have never understood why a person can stay on their parents policy until 26.  I can understand until high school, but after that, shouldn't a person start doing things on their own?

Exactly! Unless that person is in college, he or she should be out of the home, working, and living on their own.

"Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change is a massive POLITICAL hoax."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."
Naturalized-Texan, 1/7/2009

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."

IP Logged

Jazzhead
Ex Member

Reply #33 - 07/10/17 at 09:16:39
Print Post  

In my son's case, he did.  He's worked ever since he graduated, and has been living on his own.  But for the first three years he had one temp job after another, with no benefits.   The ability to keep him on my policy until age 26 was a godsend.   

It is a mistake to assume that millennials  are lazy - to the contrary, they work harder then prior generations, IMO, because the world's a lot harsher these days.  Nothing is given, all must be struggled for.  And health insurance?  Count yourself lucky if you have it through your employer.  Many - as virtuous as you are - do not.  And if they must spend a third of their income on health coverage,  they end up living at home with their parents.   

Nowadays, old folks get most of the freebies;  and young folks dig deep to pay for them.    

IP Logged

Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #34 - 07/10/17 at 12:23:19
Print Post  
Quote:
Nowadays, old folks get most of the freebies;  and young folks dig deep to pay for them.    

That is an egregious insult to us old folks who have worked hard all our lives to get to the point where we could have some leisure in our old age (I will be 84 later this year).

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."

IP Logged

Jazzhead
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 07/10/17 at 12:34:24
Print Post  
Naturalized-Texan wrote on 07/10/17 at 12:23:19:
That is an egregious insult to us old folks who have worked hard all our lives to get to the point where we could have some leisure in our old age (I will be 84 later this year).

It's not an insult when it's the truth.  And I'm old too.  I can see the freebies and subsidies folks my age and older get, and the burdens placed on young folks just out of school in getting ahead, getting a place,  getting student loans paid off,  getting affordable health insurance.  No wonder kids these days aren't starting families.  Old folks and their demands and entitlements are just sucking 'em dry.   

IP Logged

Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #36 - 07/10/17 at 14:13:50
Print Post  
Quote:
It's not an insult when it's the truth.  And I'm old too.  I can see the freebies and subsidies folks my age and older get, and the burdens placed on young folks just out of school in getting ahead, getting a place,  getting student loans paid off,  getting affordable health insurance.  No wonder kids these days aren't starting families.  Old folks and their demands and entitlements are just sucking 'em dry.   

Nonsense!

IP Logged

newt2008
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #37 - 07/10/17 at 14:40:55
Print Post  
Chortovka wrote on 07/09/17 at 08:20:16:
I can't begin to grasp why anyone would not want to support Kate's law.    It's beyond my comprehension.    Totally.   Completely.    It's beyond what my mind can process.   

Oh! I can grasp why. They want President Trump to fail. They don't  give a rat's behind what happens to the country. They are "safe". Or so they think.

Good to see you again. You owe me one 'cause you left me here all by myself to keep the brats in line   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Ms. Borelli

"Within the pages of the Bible are the answers to all the problems men face.
"Facts are stubborn things.
"[Conservatives] believe everyday is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe everyday is April 15th.
"We cannot play innocents abroad in a world that is not innocent.
"People who are pro abortion are already born.
"The problem with liberals is not that they are ignorant, the problem is they know so much that is not so.
Ronald Reagan

IP Logged

Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk Is Cheep

Reply #38 - 07/10/17 at 14:41:05
Print Post  
Quote:

Whose truth?  Your truth?  That's your opinion.

Then it sounds like. according to you, that you are part of the problem as well.   Or have you forfeited any of your entitlements?
Roll Eyes

You're beginning to remind me of a couple of other 'negative nellies' we once had on the forum.

Only posting to the 'contrary', identifying with none.

May I point out they are no longer with us.  Hint, hint.   

If You're Here To Teach, Then You've Much To Learn

IP Logged

DEW
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #39 - 07/10/17 at 15:08:13
Print Post  
Quote:

BUT IT IS NOTTHE TRUTH!!  MANY OF US ARE STILL WORKING...  I DON'T CARE HOW WEALTHY YOU ARE PERSONALLY, YOU CANNOT LUMP 'ALL' IN STATEMENTS LIKE THAT!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Our Healthcare Bill

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias