Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Our Healthcare Bill
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Our Healthcare Bill (Read 3,392 times)
Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Our Healthcare Bill
Reply #60 - 07/16/17 at 19:40:00
Print Post  
In stark contrast, our granddaughter, in this Summer between her Freshman and Sophomore years in college, took 2 courses at her local Community College (two B's) and is working almost full time in a retail store.

"Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change is a massive POLITICAL hoax."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."
Naturalized-Texan, 1/7/2009

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #61 - 07/16/17 at 20:43:39
Print Post  
Naturalized-Texan wrote on 07/16/17 at 19:40:00:
In stark contrast, our granddaughter, in this Summer between her Freshman and Sophomore years in college, took 2 courses at her local Community College (two B's) and is working almost full time in a retail store.

Fortunately, I think things may be slowly getting better.  Great to hear about your granddaughter.

Since my daughter now has medical issues, it is interfering with her having career plans.

Lily003    Huh

IP Logged

NCGAL63
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #62 - 07/17/17 at 10:19:50
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 07/16/17 at 14:54:40:
I would like to address this AGAIN.  We kept my daughter on our plan until they kicked her off at 26.  Remember, we STILL PAID FOR IT.  We paid an increased premium to keep her on our policy - it is not free.  Usually the employee only pays the least co-pay, increases with a spouse, and increases again with a child or children. 

When this was enacted, the economy was very bad.  My daughter could not even get a part time minimum wage job.  So how the heck could they get health coverage?  There are still few jobs that are full time with beneifts.  That's why this provision was lobbied for.  Remember, YOU STILL PAY.

THE WORLD IS DIFFERENT NOW THAN WHEN WE WERE THAT AGE.  Employers are seeking to keep hours under those where health insurance is required.  It is not just lazy millenials - they do not have the opportunities to move on in the world in many cases.  Thank the rotten economy.  Don't blame them for all of it.  They will never have the tracks we did. 

So, this puts my daughter into Medicaid, since health insurance is a LAW.  We paid for her to stay on our insurance which I think was better.  We paid another YEAR on COBRA for over $6,000, which we cannot afford.  Medicaid is "free," but the taxpayer pays for it,  and has limited her care greatly since not many doctors want to take it.  So if they stay on their parents policy, at least someone has to pay the premium.  I would be happy to still pay for her on our plan if we could. 

Young people today do not have what we did.  Hope this explains it better.

Lily003   Undecided

I agree with much of what you said Lily - Both my children stayed on our insurance until they were 26. And like you we paid for it. Things are so much different then when we were growing up. Really good jobs are hard to find ... both my kids have college debt. You take a young couple starting out. Both are making lets say $25,000 per year. Between car payments (650/mo), insurance car (200/mo)  and health (850/mo for both)  student loans (400/mo)  and the average rent being $1200 per month- that leaves about $10,000 extra per year to pay for groceries, electric, cable, clothes, ect. What's sad is that looking at this MOST of the kids expenses are insurance and student loans which have been inflated because of government involvement. Right now my husband and I still pay for car insurance and health insurance for our 25yr old that just graduated college, if we didn't he would have to come home to live. He would love to be completely on his own, but great paying jobs right out of college just aren't there. Hopefully Trump will boost this economy to help our youth out.

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #63 - 07/17/17 at 11:38:53
Print Post  
We have to deport all these foreign visa holders.  This is pure bullshit what our kids are going through.

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away." #DestroytheFakeMedia!

IP Logged

ZeWazir
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #64 - 07/17/17 at 16:51:29
Print Post  
NCGAL63 wrote on 07/17/17 at 10:19:50:
I agree with much of what you said Lily - Both my children stayed on our insurance until they were 26. And like you we paid for it. Things are so much different then when we were growing up. Really good jobs are hard to find ... both my kids have college debt. You take a young couple starting out. Both are making lets say $25,000 per year. Between car payments (650/mo), insurance car (200/mo)  and health (850/mo for both)  student loans (400/mo)  and the average rent being $1200 per month- that leaves about $10,000 extra per year to pay for groceries, electric, cable, clothes, ect. What's sad is that looking at this MOST of the kids expenses are insurance and student loans which have been inflated because of government involvement. Right now my husband and I still pay for car insurance and health insurance for our 25yr old that just graduated college, if we didn't he would have to come home to live. He would love to be completely on his own, but great paying jobs right out of college just aren't there. Hopefully Trump will boost this economy to help our youth out.

IMO, much of the above "difficulties" being faced by our youth are self-imposed. For instance, at the youthful age of 57, I have yet to have a car payment. Yes, it means driving older vehicles, not as fancy, fewer accouterments. But OTOH, not only have I saved myself from paying who-knows-how-many thousands in interest payments over the years, but I also have the ability to pay liability only for insurance, saving another hundred or so per month, lower license fees and taxes, etc. A little of that is soaked up in higher maintenance, but that can be offset by knowing how to do some of it yourself.

Ditto housing. Took my savings from when I was in the military and bought a mobile home with it. A cheap, fixer-upper in a cheap MHP. A couple thousand in fixes and I had a nice, livable home paying less than 1/4 what I would have been paying rent for a similar space. Eventually was able to "move up" to a larger mobile in a nicer park, but still cheaper than renting. Then moved on to purchasing the house I am in now.

My dad spent a portion of his youth living in a house without electricity or indoor plumbing - items added as his dad could afford the improvements on the home he built a section at a time while running his farm.

One major problem that I see in a large section of our young "adult" (using the legal term only!) population is they've been brought up to think they somehow deserve all life has to offer before they turn 30. Nice car(s), big home, 3-week vacations halfway around the globe.

How many things previous generations have worked their (our?) hinies off to attain have since been labeled "rights" by progressive idiots who haven't a foggy clue how reality works?

IP Logged

GGlass4395
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #65 - 07/17/17 at 17:10:29
Print Post  
NCGAL63 wrote on 07/17/17 at 10:19:50:

Why would your child have a $650 monthly car payment while making 25K per year?  Sorry but that's poor decision making.  My wife and I have never owned a car that wasn't at least 8 years old and we both have our graduate degrees.  Your children should sell their car and drive something more reasonable if they want to stretch their dollars.

IP Logged

Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk Is Cheep

Reply #66 - 07/17/17 at 17:37:30
Print Post  
GGlass4395 wrote on 07/17/17 at 17:10:29:
Why would your child have a $650 monthly car payment while making 25K per year?

I'm not sure but I think she meant 650.00 was for more than one child.  I think she meant that was the total for two.  I could be wrong, but she can clarify it when she's online again.  Smiley

If You're Here To Teach, Then You've Much To Learn

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #67 - 07/17/17 at 22:49:33
Print Post  
UCAV wrote on 07/17/17 at 11:38:53:
We have to deport all these foreign visa holders.  This is pure bullshit what our kids are going through.

This has sure NOT helped.  American citizens should NOT have to compete for jobs with foreigners in their own country.

Lily003   Angry

IP Logged

NCGAL63
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #68 - 07/18/17 at 10:44:57
Print Post  
The American Medical Association has weighed in on Trump's proposed health care package to replace the Affordable Care Act:

The Allergists were in favor of scratching it, but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.

The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.

Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception, while the Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.

Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!" while the Pediatricians said, "Oh, grow up!"

The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, while the Radiologists could see right through it.

Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and the Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow.

The Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would "put a whole new face on the matter."

The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were p!ssed off at the whole idea.

Anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and those lofty Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.

In the end, the Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the @ssholes in Washington.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Our Healthcare Bill

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias