Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Meanwhile... back at the ranch: Trump nominates round of district court judges
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Meanwhile... back at the ranch: Trump nominates round of district court judges (Read 479 times)
Drogon
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Meanwhile... back at the ranch: Trump nominates round of district court judges
07/15/17 at 10:29:26
Print Post  
This makes for about 35 nominated this year. If he keeps this pace about 11 per month.. he will have filled them all. Several of his earlier nominees got approvals this week so...    the scuttlebutt is that Trump is concerned that anyone who gets the nod is a conservative and he won't be "reaching across the isle" to nominate anyone who isn't a conservative.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/341928-trump-nominates-round-of-distr...

Quote:
Trump nominates round of district court judges
President Trump unveiled a round of 11 judicial nominees Thursday for openings on district courts across the country.

Trump announced his intent to fill openings on district courts in Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina and Oklahoma.

As of July 13, there were 108 current vacancies on district courts with six nominees pending, according to the Administrative Office of the United States Courts' website.

IP Logged

Kybeagle
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Meanwhile... back at the ranch: Trump nominates round of district court judges
Reply #1 - 07/15/17 at 18:36:58
Print Post  
This is real progress that is thankfully overlooked by the media with their Russia fixation.

We should've picked our own cotton! - J Davis
Si vis pacem, para bellum - P Renatus

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Meanwhile... back at the ranch: Trump nominates round of district court judges
Reply #2 - 07/15/17 at 19:19:31
Print Post  
Does anyone know if appointments in the Liberal places like Hawaii or Colorado that have caused trouble are to be filled?

IP Logged

Drogon
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 07/16/17 at 07:42:10
Print Post  
Quote:
Does anyone know if appointments in the Liberal places like Hawaii or Colorado that have caused trouble are to be filled?

They haven't been. I think that is a little weird but I am sure it is on purpose. I am in a liberal state and we have two openings.  My suspicion is that Trump wants to get the easy stuff done early and then do the fights closer to the 2018 election. I have also heard that in years past presidents let the senators of the states choose -- but this time, all the choices are his.

IP Logged

muffin
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 07/16/17 at 08:40:24
Print Post  
Liberal judges are doing their best to obstruct the Trump administration. Just this past week, Judge Robert E. Morin a Bill Clinton appointee, tossed conviction for activist who laughed at Sessions during confirmation hearings.
« Last Edit: 07/16/17 at 10:49:46 by muffin »  

Tomorrow is promised to no one.

IP Logged

tsuke
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 07/16/17 at 09:17:33
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 07/15/17 at 19:19:31:

even if trump were to fill all his nominations the people who deliver bad rulings are still there and wont be replaced.

this is more of a win for future generations. Still a good thing though : )

follow me on twitter @realtsuke

Thoughts from a nationalist conservative perspective

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

IP Logged

bonnieblue
CF Presidents Club

God Bless Texas

Reply #6 - 07/16/17 at 13:39:13
Print Post  
muffin wrote on 07/16/17 at 08:40:24:
Liberal judges are doing their best to obstruct the Trump administration. Just this past week, Judge Robert E. Morin a Bill Clinton appointee, tossed conviction for activist who laughed at Sessions during confirmation hearings.

Some of these courts are doing the devil's work for the Demonrats. Trump MUST replace as many as possible. They're stumbling blocks in getting his agenda on track.

IP Logged

Drogon
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 07/16/17 at 13:39:39
Print Post  
tsuke wrote on 07/16/17 at 09:17:33:
this is more of a win for future generations. Still a good thing though : )

There are things that can be done to minimize them. When you get a conservative as the Chief Justice they can be given the crud cases or have their case load minimized.  There also mysterious decisions by some liberal judges after they have messed up enough to "go to private practice" because they are "bored" or whatever their excuse is. One of the worst liberal hacks ever in my area (appointed by Clinton) left the job voluntarily because she said she wanted to be in private practice. Yah not buying it.

IP Logged

Drogon
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #8 - 07/19/17 at 06:14:08
Print Post  
I saw today that my local senators are putting together a committee to choose judges with no hope that Trump will take their recommendation. My senator.. elizabeth warren. What are they thinking?

On another matter I also heard that someone who is an absolute tool is in the running for US attorney. If he gets it I will just need to puke. I wish there was someway I could contact trump directly. Or his handlers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Meanwhile... back at the ranch: Trump nominates round of district court judges

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias