Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › What will be the future value, cost, of entertainment like movies, video, music, games?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) What will be the future value, cost, of entertainment like movies, video, music, games? (Read 890 times)
CF Admin
CF Administrator

Conservative's Forum

What will be the future value, cost, of entertainment like movies, video, music, games?
08/10/17 at 19:50:18
Print Post  
What will be the future value (near future), cost, of entertainment like movies, video, music, games?

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: What will be the future value, cost, of entertainment like movies, video, music, games?
Reply #1 - 08/10/17 at 20:10:51
Print Post  
Who cares. Haven't been the movies in YEARSSSSS. Used to go to ball games all the time both football and baseball. Had season tickets for Jets Giants and Eagles. Been nearly 20 yrs.
I will never spend another penny to see the Hollywood elite or the likes Crappernick. The last baseball game I went to was a Mon. Night game in Philly if I remember before a strike. I booed Lenny Dykstra endlessly, may of even thru a few things at him.

Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"
They Repealed My II Amendment I had No Guns
They Disregarded My V Amendment I Was Innocent
They Violated My IV Amendment I Had Nothing To Hide
They Repealed My I Amendment "I COULD SAY NOTHING"

IP Logged

Gladstone
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: What will be the future value, cost, of entertainment like movies, video, music, games?
Reply #2 - 08/10/17 at 21:25:35
Print Post  
I have no idea since I don't recall seeing video stores or game stores in Guatemala...besides they sell bootleg cds and dvds on the sides of the streets. Piracy is very common here.

IP Logged

Ms. Daisy
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 08/10/17 at 21:55:22
Print Post  
Modern entertainment? I'd say the cost is your good common sense for starters.

Who watches movies or listens to new music anymore? The brain dead liberals. And then they complain that they can't afford healthcare!

IP Logged

killermccoy
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 08/10/17 at 23:22:50
Print Post  
The value will be whatever people are willing to pay for them.

Video game prices are still escalating.

The mediums to how we view movies or listen to music are changing.  Movies we have Netflix, Amazon, etc...

Music you have Pandora and even YouTube. 

Personally, I think cable tv and radio are dead.  I haven't seen a commercial in months.  My wife agrees we should drop cable as long as we can keep our internet.

Most movies stink and are sequels.  Big corporations have taken over and are looking at safer bets and not taking risks on what would be considered cinematic art like say..."There will be blood" which is the best movie of this millennia in my opinion.  I am still bummed that Daniel Day Lewis retired recently.  He is arguably the most talented actor of all time and isn't good looking and has a very private life in Ireland I believe.

Music is the same.  If you are pretty, can dance and have a decent voice, you are provided a team of musicians who run a computer program which analyzes if a song will be a hit based on certain protocols and history.  Dead are the days of artists innovating rock like the Beatles, Zeppelin and even Kurt Cobain/Nirvana.

IP Logged

MoGal
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 08/10/17 at 23:34:15
Print Post  
Our DVR is full of "In the Heat of the Night" Quincy" Emergency" Golden Girls and Archie Bunker. Haven't watched primetime junk in years and don't care anymore. Only listen to old music and occasionally see a movie (like once a year). So it won't matter to me. Feel sorry for the younger generation that is hooked on $60 video games and $500 gaming systems........that's where the money is being made.  Hollywood could fall off into the Pacific and I wouldn't miss it..........

IP Logged

tpojewoepoggj
Senior CF Member

Uh.... Which way did he
go, George?

Reply #6 - 08/11/17 at 00:01:52
Print Post  
killermccoy wrote on 08/10/17 at 23:22:50:
The value will be whatever people are willing to pay for them.

Video game prices are still escalating.

The mediums to how we view movies or listen to music are changing.  Movies we have Netflix, Amazon, etc...

Music you have Pandora and even YouTube. 

Personally, I think cable tv and radio are dead.  I haven't seen a commercial in months.  My wife agrees we should drop cable as long as we can keep our internet.

Most movies stink and are sequels.  Big corporations have taken over and are looking at safer bets and not taking risks on what would be considered cinematic art like say..."There will be blood" which is the best movie of this millennia in my opinion.  I am still bummed that Daniel Day Lewis retired recently.  He is arguably the most talented actor of all time and isn't good looking and has a very private life in Ireland I believe.

Music is the same.  If you are pretty, can dance and have a decent voice, you are provided a team of musicians who run a computer program which analyzes if a song will be a hit based on certain protocols and history.  Dead are the days of artists innovating rock like the Beatles, Zeppelin and even Kurt Cobain/Nirvana.

I am likely among the minority on this today, but I don't get how so many people can praise rock music so much, one of my least favorite genres. To my ears, it is like fingernails on a blackboard. I have other reasons to really dislike it, too. For one thing, it ruined the popularity of truly good music. I also had to be forced to listen to this stuff while on the school bus every time.

Prior to the mid-1950's, most popular music had a good sound to it. Probably the music I'm less into prior to then, though, is much of the more bluesy stuff.

I wish that big band and swing, as well as easy listening, stayed popular, while also wishing that rock died early. Today, I go to public places, and practically everywhere is music that just annoys me. In attempts to defeat this, I bring my own MP3 player along, which consists of recordings seldom heard almost anywhere today.

TO HELL WITH THIS!

IP Logged

killermccoy
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 08/11/17 at 00:41:20
Print Post  
tpojewoepoggj wrote on 08/11/17 at 00:01:52:
I am likely among the minority on this today, but I don't get how so many people can praise rock music so much, one of my least favorite genres. To my ears, it is like fingernails on a blackboard. I have other reasons to really dislike it, too. For one thing, it ruined the popularity of truly good music. I also had to be forced to listen to this stuff while on the school bus every time.

Prior to the mid-1950's, most popular music had a good sound to it. Probably the music I'm less into prior to then, though, is much of the more bluesy stuff.

I wish that big band and swing, as well as easy listening, stayed popular, while also wishing that rock died early. Today, I go to public places, and practically everywhere is music that just annoys me. In attempts to defeat this, I bring my own MP3 player along, which consists of recordings seldom heard almost anywhere today.

To each their own.  I personally despise country but don't care if other people like it.

Zeppelin is primarily a blues band albeit a bit harder.  It doesn't get much more blues than this:

https://youtu.be/w4THXeOD-Dw

But it doesn't get much more beautiful than this:

https://youtu.be/PDIz4talyQk

Perhaps Nirvana's last live performance was a remaske from Lead Belly, a blues singer from 1941.

https://youtu.be/mcXYz0gtJeM

I wouldn't classify the Beatles as fingers across a chalkboard, most of their music was rather tame.

IP Logged

tpojewoepoggj
Senior CF Member

Uh.... Which way did he
go, George?

Reply #8 - 08/11/17 at 06:30:03
Print Post  
I guess, when I think of rock music, I often think of the more abrasive stuff. Maybe there might be certain recordings that are okay, but for the most part, there are either a lot of these in this genre that I don't like, or I am just not as interested.

A certain cartoon show had made multiple references to a certain popular music band in one episode. I consider this episode to be among the most alienating of all the episodes in that cartoon series. Episodes like this keep me from being a true fan of this show.

There are actually a lot of music recordings that I don't care for that were made since the mid-1960's. As we go through to the more recent times, though, there gets to be less and less that appeals to me.

It would probably make many of you happy for me to say that I don't care for rap, either, as it is among the most annoying music genres that I have ever listened to. A lot of it is also just plain very bad, with terrible messages in them, such as a lot of anti-police lyrics.

TO HELL WITH THIS!

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #9 - 08/11/17 at 06:42:45
Print Post  
MoGal wrote on 08/10/17 at 23:34:15:
Our DVR is full of "In the Heat of the Night" Quincy" Emergency" Golden Girls and Archie Bunker. Haven't watched primetime junk in years and don't care anymore. Only listen to old music and occasionally see a movie (like once a year). So it won't matter to me. Feel sorry for the younger generation that is hooked on $60 video games and $500 gaming systems........that's where the money is being made.  Hollywood could fall off into the Pacific and I wouldn't miss it..........

ME TV! I watch all the 50's and 60's shows. Can't say that I feel like I missed anything with today's TV fare.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › What will be the future value, cost, of entertainment like movies, video, music, games?

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias