Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › What will be the future value, cost, of entertainment like movies, video, music, games?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) What will be the future value, cost, of entertainment like movies, video, music, games? (Read 608 times)
The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: What will be the future value, cost, of entertainment like movies, video, music, games?
Reply #10 - 08/11/17 at 08:15:43
Print Post  
MoGal wrote on 08/10/17 at 23:34:15:
Our DVR is full of "In the Heat of the Night" Quincy" Emergency" Golden Girls and Archie Bunker. Haven't watched primetime junk in years and don't care anymore. Only listen to old music and occasionally see a movie (like once a year). So it won't matter to me. Feel sorry for the younger generation that is hooked on $60 video games and $500 gaming systems........that's where the money is being made.  Hollywood could fall off into the Pacific and I wouldn't miss it..........

LOL I ditched DirecTV last yr and haven't looked back. I love All in the Family, Jefferson and Sanford and Sons. Watch at night if I watch TV at all.

Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"
They Repealed My II Amendment I had No Guns
They Disregarded My V Amendment I Was Innocent
They Violated My IV Amendment I Had Nothing To Hide
They Repealed My I Amendment "I COULD SAY NOTHING"

IP Logged

DEW
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: What will be the future value, cost, of entertainment like movies, video, music, games?
Reply #11 - 08/11/17 at 08:25:34
Print Post  

Not to many years ago in America, after a long hard day of work entertainment was having a nice dinner and then the family got  together and played music and sang, told stories, and clean jokes, etc.

By then it was get ready for bed to face another day of hard work. Or get ready for church the next day, depending which night it was.

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #12 - 08/11/17 at 08:41:06
Print Post  
I wish I did this yrs ago when my kids were young. Many of the youngens in our church have ditched anything screens. No cable, one TV with an air antenna. I was invited over to one home for Thanksgiving last yr and their TV hadn't been on over a month. 
Limiting their kids cell use to emergencies, internet for school only. The kids after some time love it. They come home from school do homework, eat dinner then go OUT, either sports or/and to community ctrs, nursing homes etc and still are home in time for a normal bed time. These kids are the most well adjusted in the church.  Smiley

Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"
They Repealed My II Amendment I had No Guns
They Disregarded My V Amendment I Was Innocent
They Violated My IV Amendment I Had Nothing To Hide
They Repealed My I Amendment "I COULD SAY NOTHING"

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 08/11/17 at 09:03:27
Print Post  
john33 wrote on 08/11/17 at 06:30:03:
A certain cartoon show had made multiple references to a certain popular music band in one episode. I consider this episode to be among the most alienating of all the episodes in that cartoon series. Episodes like this keep me from being a true fan of this show.

You have my curiosity up now.  What cartoon and what music are you referring to?

IP Logged

john33
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #14 - 08/11/17 at 18:51:07
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 08/11/17 at 09:03:27:
You have my curiosity up now.  What cartoon and what music are you referring to?

For some reason, I feel a little nervous and afraid to reveal the specifics here - perhaps because of the fear of getting upset thinking about it over and over deeply non-stop for several days, thus hurting my inspiration to do cartooning during that period? The show is a Cartoon Network property of the late 1990's through mid 2000's, and the music group has a lot to do with The British Invasion of the 1960's.

Earlier this year, I did a week's worth of comic strips with my character Harry watching this show, feeling very similar frustrations that I felt about the show. This is particularly inspired by Conservapedia adding this show to the list of "Worst Liberal TV Shows" nearly a year ago. It is currently dropped from this list, by the way - and perhaps that is a good thing, for me. The show was not mentioned by name in these series of strips that I did, though. There are only clues of what the show is. I like the title characters more than the show itself, by the way.

I also wrote a newer review of this show at imdb.com in July 2017. Here is the link to that:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0175058/reviews-81

And, in printing page form, here is the link showing the episodes that I posted in the NCO section of the forums here. The true URL address is so long, that I created a tinyurl address out of it.

http://tinyurl.com/yayyxrqu

I'm with the RESISTANCE who RESISTS the RESISTANCE!

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 08/12/17 at 09:49:28
Print Post  
john33 wrote on 08/11/17 at 18:51:07:
For some reason, I feel a little nervous and afraid to reveal the specifics here - perhaps because of the fear of getting upset thinking about it over and over deeply non-stop for several days, thus hurting my inspiration to do cartooning during that period? The show is a Cartoon Network property of the late 1990's through mid 2000's, and the music group has a lot to do with The British Invasion of the 1960's.

If you don't want to talk about it, don't start the conversation.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › What will be the future value, cost, of entertainment like movies, video, music, games?

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias