Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsPolitical Activism, Strategy, Blogs › Can you "convert" high schoolers and if so how?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Can you "convert" high schoolers and if so how? (Read 163 times)
TheRebelephant
CF Newbies 1

Conservative's Forum

Can you "convert" high schoolers and if so how?
08/19/17 at 22:58:01
Print Post  
I am a freshman in high school and I haven't experienced any public school since elementary school. I expect that the teachers will be extremely biased so it might take awhile before I am brave enough to challenge them, but I am not afraid of the students, even though I did hear some students joking about killing the president. I made friends with this one girl that is awesome, but unsurprisingly very liberal, but she isn't annoying about it. She also isn't dumb, but thankfully she doesn't consider herself to be a genius. How can I show her that the right is right in a way that doesn't make me seem really annoying/or someone she doesn't want to be around. Sorry I couldn't really find any other place to post this! Also my other conservative friend and I are going to start a political science club of some sort, most likely a republican club, and I asked her if she wanted to join. She said no lol but it was right after I said why abortion was wrong!

Thank you!

IP Logged

Country_hick
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Can you "convert" high schoolers and if so how?
Reply #1 - 09/27/17 at 12:05:42
Print Post  
A lot will depend on whether or not the other kids are willing to think logically. Can they see past their own emotions? Can they reject something they have been told is right when faced with different ideas?

At your age life experience is very limited. You have not yet seen the reasons from life that prove why some ideas make sense.

Being in high school or being 60 years old does not change how people think or look at issues. Some people know what they know. Do not try to confuse them with the facts. Some are so sure of their facts (based on nothing) that they are not willing to even look at provable scientific evidence.

One thing that may help is to get a job. Look at the pay stub. Point out how your money is being stolen by the government mostly to be given to someone else who is not working.

Ask why should those who refuse to work be taking money from those who do work.

In the end, it could be pointless. You can not change hearts and minds when those hearts and minds are closed to other viewpoints. If their viewpoint is "all about me" and forcing the government to care for everyone you may not be able to get past that thinking.

Some people are willing to listen, think, and change positions. Many are not. Expect failures whenever you try to change minds. Get used to rejection. It will happen.

If you can stand your ground you may lose today but become stronger in  your beliefs tomorrow. You may not change a single perspective. To many are to entrenched in their thinking to consider different thinking could be correct.

I am old enough to have been out of school long before you were born. In the past 4 years I have come across information that has changed how I look at some issues. Presentation is important. Being willing to listen matters. You will find some willing to change and others who are stuck in their thinking. Some are so unable to change their thinking about issues it is almost like their brains are made of granite.

Good luck.

IP Logged

Country_hick
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Can you "convert" high schoolers and if so how?
Reply #2 - 09/27/17 at 14:59:32
Print Post  
I forgot to add one thing. To convince another your cause is right you have to know not just what you believe but why you believe it and why the opposite thinking is wrong. This requires a lot of research on your part.

Your argument is weak when your opponent asks you about something and you have no clue how to reply.

What evidence do you base this argument on?

When you know both sides of the argument you can be convincing to those who are willing to be convinced.

To learn more about your beliefs get together with other conservatives and engage in debates with each other. By taking both sides of every argument in a practice session you can make yourselves much stronger advocates for conservative values.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsPolitical Activism, Strategy, Blogs › Can you "convert" high schoolers and if so how?

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias