Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › ‘It’s Time We End Federal Government’s Involvement in Education’
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) ‘It’s Time We End Federal Government’s Involvement in Education’ (Read 1,653 times)
killermccoy
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: ‘It’s Time We End Federal Government’s Involvement in Education’
Reply #10 - 09/07/17 at 21:30:28
Print Post  
Ms. Daisy wrote on 09/07/17 at 14:35:14:
There should be no government involvement in education, federal or otherwise. Our economy and infrastructure does not rely on educated adults. In many cases a higher education can make an adult even more useless. If I owned a business I don't think I would hire any college graduates as the majority of them are brainwashed liberals who can not be trusted with even slightest amount of responsibility. It is the hard truth.

Depending on the business you may have a point.  But there are businesses that require a degree and you may be shocked that they aren't a bunch of liberals.

Without education, we would still be digging peat, have thatched roofs and live under the lord/serf system.

If government didn't make education mandatory, half of our country couldn't bake a cake or read a ruler.

You do realize for you to even make your Neanderthal post, someone had to be educated to generate the code for this site to even exist.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - 09/07/17 at 22:14:36
Print Post  
killermccoy wrote on 09/07/17 at 21:30:28:
If government didn't make education mandatory, half of our country couldn't bake a cake or read a ruler.

Even with Mandatory Schooling, a great percentage are dumb as a rock.  Imagine what it would like with Optional Schooling. 

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #12 - 09/07/17 at 22:47:58
Print Post  
I was just Shocked, Flabbergasted, Surprised.  I just Googled when the Department of Education started.  I would guess 1840'ish.  No, folks not even close.  It is 1979.  Was it strickly Local Control before 1979 and no Feds?

IP Logged

ZeWazir
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 09/08/17 at 00:53:07
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 09/07/17 at 22:47:58:
I was just Shocked, Flabbergasted, Surprised.  I just Googled when the Department of Education started.  I would guess 1840'ish.  No, folks not even close.  It is 1979.  Was it strickly Local Control before 1979 and no Feds?

The feds got involved with education back in 1953 when Eisenhower established the Department of Health, Education and Welfare. (And when did public education start to veer toward liberalism?)

In 1979 the Department of Education was separated from HEW, and then the Dept. of Health and Human Services was formalized in 1980 to take over the job of the H & W parts of HEW.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #14 - 09/08/17 at 07:57:51
Print Post  
ZeWazir wrote on 09/08/17 at 00:53:07:
The feds got involved with education back in 1953 when Eisenhower established the Department of Health, Education and Welfare. (And when did public education start to veer toward liberalism?)

In 1979 the Department of Education was separated from HEW, and then the Dept. of Health and Human Services was formalized in 1980 to take over the job of the H & W parts of HEW.

Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

MoGal
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 09/08/17 at 08:57:23
Print Post  
Back when I went to school (a long, long time ago) , schools were operated by local school boards (I know because my Dad was board president for years and years). THEY decided what we would learn and how we would learn it, in cooperation with what my state required at the time. I can tell you, that what I knew by the time I completed 8th grade is more than high school graduates learn today.  I am raising a grandson who just started 7th grade.  There are 8 43-minute class periods in a day. Academics take up only HALF of those class periods (Social Studies, Math, Communication Arts and Science). The other four are crap...art, PE, Home Ec and study hall. My dad would have had a fit....we spent seven hours a day learning and did our PE at recess and lunch. Art was incorporated into other subjects, as was music. We learned Home Ec at home where it belongs.

IP Logged

DEW
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #16 - 09/08/17 at 11:00:22
Print Post  
MoGal wrote on 09/08/17 at 08:57:23:
Back when I went to school (a long, long time ago) , schools were operated by local school boards (I know because my Dad was board president for years and years). THEY decided what we would learn and how we would learn it, in cooperation with what my state required at the time. I can tell you, that what I knew by the time I completed 8th grade is more than high school graduates learn today.  I am raising a grandson who just started 7th grade.  There are 8 43-minute class periods in a day. Academics take up only HALF of those class periods (Social Studies, Math, Communication Arts and Science). The other four are crap...art, PE, Home Ec and study hall. My dad would have had a fit....we spent seven hours a day learning and did our PE at recess and lunch. Art was incorporated into other subjects, as was music. We learned Home Ec at home where it belongs.

My PUBLIC high school even had morning assembly with allegiance to the flag ending with prayer and in those days the TEN COMMANDMENTS were posted, a U.S. Flag in every classroom, and we learned our State and U.S. history.

IP Logged

Ms. Daisy
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #17 - 09/08/17 at 12:16:30
Print Post  
killermccoy wrote on 09/07/17 at 21:30:28:
Depending on the business you may have a point.  But there are businesses that require a degree and you may be shocked that they aren't a bunch of liberals.

Without education, we would still be digging peat, have thatched roofs and live under the lord/serf system.

You do realize for you to even make your Neanderthal post, someone had to be educated to generate the code for this site to even exist.

The fact that I do not have a high school diploma or a college degree does not mean that I am a Neanderthal. I believe that I am very intelligent, I just chose to pursue the life of a home maker and mother. I may not have ever gotten married, but I still believe God has a plan for me some how, as long as I look in the mirror each day and see a servant of God and not as you say, a Neanderthal.

I see education as a role of the church, as well as many other social programs that the government has decided to force it's way into. The church has a long history of providing it's followers with a sound education. The government has taken over education and now Americans worship themselves and do not know of God's love and HIS plan for them. Our country is now being hit with floods, earthquakes and raging infernos and we still refuse to accept God into our hearts. We need HIM in our schools and in our courthouses if we ever truly wish to get back on track of serving his purpose.

IP Logged

darroll
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - 09/08/17 at 14:00:26
Print Post  
Ms. Daisy wrote on 09/07/17 at 14:35:14:
There should be no government involvement in education, federal or otherwise. Our economy and infrastructure does not rely on educated adults. In many cases a higher education can make an adult even more useless. If I owned a business I don't think I would hire any college graduates as the majority of them are brainwashed liberals who can not be trusted with even slightest amount of responsibility. It is the hard truth.
I agree Ms Daisy. The Gal that took my place when I retired gave a report card to a new highly educated and FBI approved employee. She said that he should work on his work skills by not taking so many trips to a from his work location. Do all of the tool gathering in one trip if possible. He told her to just fire him so he could collect his unemployment and party with his friends. Our India crew did such a better job and did not have a MIT degree.

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #19 - 09/08/17 at 14:05:21
Print Post  
Ms. Daisy wrote on 09/08/17 at 12:16:30:
The fact that I do not have a high school diploma or a college degree does not mean that I am a Neanderthal. I believe that I am very intelligent, I just chose to pursue the life of a home maker and mother. I may not have ever gotten married, but I still believe God has a plan for me some how, as long as I look in the mirror each day and see a servant of God and not as you say, a Neanderthal.

I see education as a role of the church, as well as many other social programs that the government has decided to force it's way into. The church has a long history of providing it's followers with a sound education. The government has taken over education and now Americans worship themselves and do not know of God's love and HIS plan for them. Our country is now being hit with floods, earthquakes and raging infernos and we still refuse to accept God into our hearts. We need HIM in our schools and in our courthouses if we ever truly wish to get back on track of serving his purpose.

Beautifully stated! Cry If so many would just understand that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › ‘It’s Time We End Federal Government’s Involvement in Education’

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias