Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › A campaign promise BROKEN
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A campaign promise BROKEN (Read 1,166 times)
countzero
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: A campaign promise BROKEN
Reply #10 - 09/08/17 at 11:48:03
Print Post  
MoGal wrote on 09/08/17 at 08:51:07:
  He did end DACA and threw it back to Congress where it belonged in the first place. If Congress doesn't do something, then he will have to do something. 
Why does Trump have to do something? He did do something, ended daca. That is all he is required to do. President doesnt write laws. End daca, enforce the laws on the books, thats all the President has to do...

Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers and it is the duty as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian Nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers.~John Jay
Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?~ Patrick Henry

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - 09/08/17 at 12:40:41
Print Post  
Right, he can't write the law about DACA.  That part I understand and accept.

I believe Congress probably WILL write  law to let them stay, and he will sign it.  NOT what he said while campaigning.  He has also signaled that if they do not, he will let them stay anyway.  Maybe another EO to cover them staying.  After his original statement, he put out word for them not to worry - no one was coming after them during the 6 month period.  There was NO word about them having to leave under any circumstance.

I ask again - what benefit is this to the American people?  I thought everything he did was to benefit AMERICANS, not illegal aliens.  Has he spoken to us to tell us WHY this is being done, other than the assumption that some sympathize with them?

Since illegal immigration is my #1 issue, this one is big to me.  It doesn't benefit us, and more acceptance of some kind of amnesty just makes me furious.

Lily003   Embarrassed

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #12 - 09/08/17 at 12:44:42
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 09/08/17 at 12:40:41:
Right, he can't write the law about DACA.  That part I understand and accept.

I believe Congress probably WILL write  law to let them stay, and he will sign it.  NOT what he said while campaigning.  He has also signaled that if they do not, he will let them stay anyway.  Maybe another EO to cover them staying.  After his original statement, he put out word for them not to worry - no one was coming after them during the 6 month period.  There was NO word about them having to leave under any circumstance.

I ask again - what benefit is this to the American people?  I thought everything he did was to benefit AMERICANS, not illegal aliens.  Has he spoken to us to tell us WHY this is being done, other than the assumption that some sympathize with them?

Since illegal immigration is my #1 issue, this one is big to me.  It doesn't benefit us, and more acceptance of some kind of amnesty just makes me furious.

Lily003   Embarrassed

It was the #1 issue he ran on! Let's see what happens when they hand him an amnesty bill. That will be a turning point in his presidency.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 09/08/17 at 12:44:52
Print Post  
pitchshot wrote on 09/08/17 at 08:06:25:
It will get worse with BANNON gone and more JAVANKA. Just watch, no wall, no draining of the swamp, still have OBAMACARE and always will as long insurance companies cannot sell across lines, ISIS still alive and well thank you, No tax reform, Amensty will happen. Not one major campaign promise kept and no FUNDING for the WALL. Trump was a hellva candidate probably the best in my lifetime  BUT as POTUS not all that good compared to what he campaigned on.

Wait, there is a small fire.  Who has some gasoline, we have to get this thing going............... Angry

IP Logged

dumpapolitician
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #14 - 09/08/17 at 12:54:22
Print Post  
MoGal wrote on 09/08/17 at 09:29:11:
I laughed out loud when I read your post. I never believe anything anybody says..ultimate skeptic. But I do wonder how you think he can fund the wall (except out of his own pocket) if Congress doesn't include the funding in the budget. I do wonder how you think he can get tax reform done, or if he should have just written an executive order dismantling Obamacare with no replacement in sight, or no plan for those who are stuck with the lousy crap.  I don't think Trump had any idea, NOR DID THE REST OF US, that Republicans would fight him every step of the way. I knew the Democrats would, but I didn't see the McCain revolt coming, or Paul Ryan's weakness, or Mitch McConnell's stupidity shining out into the world.  So now that Trump has seen the light, so to speak, we will have to see what happens. As far as his actions; I am thrilled at the number of criminal illegals gone; I am thrilled that border crossiings are way down; I am happy with what he has done with the VA; I am happy with regulations going away.....I am happy with Gorsuch.....it's up to the swamp to do some of the rest and THEY DON'T WANT TO.

You are right on!!!! I for sure, did not expect the Republican backlash against him

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 09/08/17 at 12:56:39
Print Post  
pitchshot wrote on 09/08/17 at 09:15:43:
If I remember correctly the WALL was the # 1 thing he  campaigned on. He stills tells people in his rallies, don't even worry about the wall it is going to happen. You are ONE that will believe any thing he will say and that is your progrative. Now in your opinion he is just like Obama, he is not responsible and not accountable for anything. It is Congress fault and he cannot fund it himself. DID he just wake up after campaigning for a year and now 7 months in OFFICE and just realize THAT??? Well he just agreeded with the DEMS a funding program for the next 90 days and everything in there they wanted plus a few bonus they did not expect BUT no funding for the WALL. Guess what if a BUDGET is approved, DITTO, no funding for the wall. Want to discuss the DRAINING of the SWAMP, How about ISIS or proscution of criminals like HILLARY, Keep listening to what he will say BUT more importantly pay REAL attention do what he DOES. Then tell people how good he is doing Cool

I know that you are hyperventilating over all of the good news, but I will have to calm you down a bit.  There is funding for the wall.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2017/08/30/house-republicans-spending-bi...; I don't have time to check all of your "facts" so I will just leave it at that.  Try to contain yourself.

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #16 - 09/08/17 at 13:04:14
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 09/08/17 at 12:56:39:
I know that you are hyperventilating over all of the good news, but I will have to calm you down a bit.  There is funding for the wall.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2017/08/30/house-republicans-spending-bi... I don't have time to check all of your "facts" so I will just leave it at that.  Try to contain yourself.

There's is and will be funding. Lawsuits by liberals and heard by liberal lower courts will tie up any meaningful start to the wall. It's how they stopped Trump's immigration policy so far.

Do not underestimated the lengths the enemy will go to in getting amnesty. False promises by them is just another ho-hum day at work for them.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #17 - 09/08/17 at 13:17:10
Print Post  
ConservativeOne wrote on 09/08/17 at 13:04:14:
There's is and will be funding. Lawsuits by liberals and heard by liberal lower courts will tie up any meaningful start to the wall. It's how they stopped Trump's immigration policy so far.

Do not underestimated the lengths the enemy will go to in getting amnesty. False promises by them is just another ho-hum day at work for them.

Exactly.  Just because there are Road Blocks everywhere, does not mean Trump is not on the road trying to get to his destination.

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - 09/08/17 at 13:23:02
Print Post  
dumpapolitician wrote on 09/08/17 at 12:54:22:
You are right on!!!! I for sure, did not expect the Republican backlash against him

That surprises me.  I thought we had all figured out the Republican Party would not help him and may possibly be worse than that.  That they would outright obstruct him, talk him down, and not take his side on any issue.  Perhaps the degree of it and the wide scope of it could be surprising.  I remember reading posts saying Republicans would be his biggest obstacle!

Lily003   Huh

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #19 - 09/08/17 at 13:46:07
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 09/08/17 at 13:17:10:
Exactly.  Just because there are Road Blocks everywhere, does not mean Trump is not on the road trying to get to his destination.

Trump wouldn't like to hear me say this but this is bigger than Trump.  Every issue, every nuance boils down to one thing. Does the swamp eventually drain Trump or does Trump drain the swamp. The establishment is determined to crush the one real outsider who probably would like to be remembered as a president who at the least tried to help the average Joe. It's Trump's good intentions versus the corrupt establishment's narcissism and thirst for power. This could very well be the last showdown because if the wacky left gets back in control of government we're doomed. We could not sustain another 4 to 8 years of an Obama clone.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › A campaign promise BROKEN

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias