Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › A campaign promise BROKEN
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A campaign promise BROKEN (Read 1,168 times)
USMC1967
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: A campaign promise BROKEN
Reply #20 - 09/08/17 at 13:51:24
Print Post  
Looks like McConnell was insulted by all the SWAMP talk because McConnell IS THE SWAMP.

Quote:
Bannon then told Rose that during one of the first meetings with McConnell at Trump Tower, the Senate Majority Leader told Trump’s team, “I don’t wanna hear any more of this ‘drain the swamp’ talk.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/08/bannon-paul-ryan-mitch-mcconn...

“Human passions unbridled by morality and religion…would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net.”
– John Adams

IP Logged

darroll
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #21 - 09/08/17 at 14:15:49
Print Post  
Give our President a chance.
He can shut down the border(s) with an EO.
Danger from our south like guns, drugs and possible terrorists.
When Mexico smells the spoiled produce, they will pay.

IP Logged

pitchshot
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #22 - 09/08/17 at 14:49:36
Print Post  
MoGal wrote on 09/08/17 at 09:29:11:
I laughed out loud when I read your post. I never believe anything anybody says..ultimate skeptic. But I do wonder how you think he can fund the wall (except out of his own pocket) if Congress doesn't include the funding in the budget. I do wonder how you think he can get tax reform done, or if he should have just written an executive order dismantling Obamacare with no replacement in sight, or no plan for those who are stuck with the lousy crap.  I don't think Trump had any idea, NOR DID THE REST OF US, that Republicans would fight him every step of the way. I knew the Democrats would, but I didn't see the McCain revolt coming, or Paul Ryan's weakness, or Mitch McConnell's stupidity shining out into the world.  So now that Trump has seen the light, so to speak, we will have to see what happens. As far as his actions; I am thrilled at the number of criminal illegals gone; I am thrilled that border crossiings are way down; I am happy with what he has done with the VA; I am happy with regulations going away.....I am happy with Gorsuch.....it's up to the swamp to do some of the rest and THEY DON'T WANT TO.

He can put a 5% surcharge on all Money Wire Transfers to Mexico. That is about 23 Billion year @ 5 %.  It is bigger than Mexico oil industry. Think That will fund the WALL?  How about a tariff on anything coming in from Mexico? Look up other ways up to fund the wall without Congress. How do U think Obama would do it? If you could not tell by the campaign the Republicans were against TRUMP and not going to support him where were you? RYAN said he would not support TRUMP in any way. The whole RINOGOP e was against TRUMP and YOU are saying one is surprised with the lack of R support. Cannot even comment on that lack of awareness.  Cry

IP Logged

newt2008
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #23 - 09/08/17 at 15:23:12
Print Post  
WOW....

Ms. Borelli

"Within the pages of the Bible are the answers to all the problems men face.
"Facts are stubborn things.
"[Conservatives] believe everyday is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe everyday is April 15th.
"We cannot play innocents abroad in a world that is not innocent.
"People who are pro abortion are already born.
"The problem with liberals is not that they are ignorant, the problem is they know so much that is not so.
Ronald Reagan

IP Logged

MoGal
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #24 - 09/08/17 at 15:29:28
Print Post  
pitchshot wrote on 09/08/17 at 14:49:36:
He can put a 5% surcharge on all Money Wire Transfers to Mexico. That is about 23 Billion year @ 5 %.  It is bigger than Mexico oil industry. Think That will fund the WALL?  How about a tariff on anything coming in from Mexico? Look up other ways up to fund the wall without Congress. How do U think Obama would do it? If you could not tell by the campaign the Republicans were against TRUMP and not going to support him where were you? RYAN said he would not support TRUMP in any way. The whole RINOGOP e was against TRUMP and YOU are saying one is surprised with the lack of R support. Cannot even comment on that lack of awareness.  Cry

And I am going to give him a chance to do it.(fund the wall some other way if he can't get funding)   I watched every second of the campaign and knew how Republicans felt about him. However, I held out the hope that when he won they would see the opportunity to put their policies in practice. You know, the ones they talk about all the time...lower taxes, repeal of the ACA, infrastructure, border security...we've heard it all. Instead, like a bunch of stupid kindergarteners, they decided to fight him. I did not see that coming, and if you did Kudos to you. I stupidly thought that Republicans would understand that Trump won, and why he won. I certainly did not expect grown men to continue to treat Trump voters as deplorables.  However, as I said before, I am happy every day that I don't turn on the news and see Hillary in the White House. Because there would be nothing happening that I want to see happening. And at least Trump is trying. And we only had two choices.

IP Logged

ceelu
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #25 - 09/09/17 at 02:01:03
Print Post  
MoGal wrote on 09/08/17 at 08:51:07:
At this point I don't share your pessimism.  What did you want him to do?  He did end DACA and threw it back to Congress where it belonged in the first place. If Congress doesn't do something, then he will have to do something.  When/If he has to do something is the time to decide which side of the fence he is on. I can handle this batch staying here if the Border Wall is FUNDED. And he can't fund it by himself. I think every week exposes more and more of the corruption in Washington. I don't think Trump is corrupt and I thank God above everyday that I am not listening to Shrillery barking from the podium. If tax reform doesn't get done that falls squarely on the shoulders of Congress, as does health care reform and a variety of other things. I do not want Trump legislating by executive order. That is unconstitutional.

I'm with you! Trump is doing what he can. Making law the correct way (legislating) is up to Congress. They are the ones not doing their job.). Everybody bitched when Obama tried to circumvent the Constitution and "rule" by executive order. The conservatives called him a dictator etc. and now it seems these same conservative whiners on this website want Trump to act the same way. If anyone listened carefully to Trump during the campaign one of the things he repeatedly said was wanting to have things done so that it follows Constitutional Law. I realize Washington, for all intents and purposes, is out of control, but DC has had years and years to become the corrupt entrenched swamp that it is. Trump is not going to be able to fix it over night, let alone in 9 months or even a year. He is trying to follow through on his promises, but he can't even get a consensus on issues from those in his supposed party at any given time. Look at the crap he got over his legal travel ban. It was Constitutional, within his perview as POTUS to issue, and named only countries already identified by the previous administration, and what happened, all hell broke loose. As for DACA, it seems simple to me, let the Dreamers have citizenship by taking and passing the test to become a naturalized citizen. Seems to me if they have lived here and integrated into our society they should have no problem reading and speaking English and answering questions about the US. As for the WALL, every illegal gang member, undocumented welfare/ACA recipient, and criminal illegal we deport, is Mexico paying for the wall, because they are now off our entitlement programs and prison support (not having to feed and house them) reducing Gov.$$$$$ out put that can be spent elsewhere. IMO Trump is doing pretty damn good considering he has a hostile unsupportive Congress (in other words up to his a$$ in alligators), a nut in NOKO to contend with, Gulf states and Southeastern states in ruins or soon to be in ruins from super storms, the western states ablaze with gigantic wild fires, a rogue investigator poking into every aspect of his world on a witch hunt. 9mos. no evidence), and a useless DOJ that can't or won't go after a lying ex-FBI director and corrupt past administration personnel for what ever reason (past lobby $$$ debts, or own shaded background). Give Trump some slack!

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #26 - 09/09/17 at 05:13:21
Print Post  
ceelu wrote on 09/09/17 at 02:01:03:
I'm with you! Trump is doing what he can. Making law the correct way (legislating) is up to Congress. They are the ones not doing their job.). Everybody bitched when Obama tried to circumvent the Constitution and "rule" by executive order. The conservatives called him a dictator etc. and now it seems these same conservative whiners on this website want Trump to act the same way. If anyone listened carefully to Trump during the campaign one of the things he repeatedly said was wanting to have things done so that it follows Constitutional Law. I realize Washington, for all intents and purposes, is out of control, but DC has had years and years to become the corrupt entrenched swamp that it is. Trump is not going to be able to fix it over night, let alone in 9 months or even a year. He is trying to follow through on his promises, but he can't even get a consensus on issues from those in his supposed party at any given time. Look at the crap he got over his legal travel ban. It was Constitutional, within his perview as POTUS to issue, and named only countries already identified by the previous administration, and what happened, all hell broke loose. As for DACA, it seems simple to me, let the Dreamers have citizenship by taking and passing the test to become a naturalized citizen. Seems to me if they have lived here and integrated into our society they should have no problem reading and speaking English and answering questions about the US. As for the WALL, every illegal gang member, undocumented welfare/ACA recipient, and criminal illegal we deport, is Mexico paying for the wall, because they are now off our entitlement programs and prison support (not having to feed and house them) reducing Gov.$$$$$ out put that can be spent elsewhere. IMO Trump is doing pretty damn good considering he has a hostile unsupportive Congress (in other words up to his a$$ in alligators), a nut in NOKO to contend with, Gulf states and Southeastern states in ruins or soon to be in ruins from super storms, the western states ablaze with gigantic wild fires, a rogue investigator poking into every aspect of his world on a witch hunt. 9mos. no evidence), and a useless DOJ that can't or won't go after a lying ex-FBI director and corrupt past administration personnel for what ever reason (past lobby $$$ debts, or own shaded background). Give Trump some slack!

Good Post   Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #27 - 09/09/17 at 05:23:30
Print Post  
Conservative whiners?

I don't understand what seems to be SUPPORT for these illegal aliens?  They take jobs from American citizens.  They don't have a  RIGHT to be here.  Gee, why not legalize the parents who brought them here while we're at it?

By kicking this back for 6 months for Congress, now THEY will write legislation to legalize them and the President will sign it.  So, 800,000 illegals can be legal now.  How does this benefit the American citizens?????  This is not what he said while campaigning.  WHY are the American people shafted EVERY TIME the choice is made to KEEP ILLEGALS????  It doesn't help us, which the President promised that anything he did, would.

Lily003   Cry Angry

IP Logged

pitchshot
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #28 - 09/09/17 at 09:50:20
Print Post  
MoGal wrote on 09/08/17 at 15:29:28:
And I am going to give him a chance to do it.(fund the wall some other way if he can't get funding)   I watched every second of the campaign and knew how Republicans felt about him. However, I held out the hope that when he won they would see the opportunity to put their policies in practice. You know, the ones they talk about all the time...lower taxes, repeal of the ACA, infrastructure, border security...we've heard it all. Instead, like a bunch of stupid kindergarteners, they decided to fight him. I did not see that coming, and if you did Kudos to you. I stupidly thought that Republicans would understand that Trump won, and why he won. I certainly did not expect grown men to continue to treat Trump voters as deplorables.  However, as I said before, I am happy every day that I don't turn on the news and see Hillary in the White House. Because there would be nothing happening that I want to see happening. And at least Trump is trying. And we only had two choices.

"I stupidly thought that Republicans would understand that Trump won, and why he won. "

You are not at all Stupid,not at all. If you were you would be on the Huff Post, not here. We all on here are TRUMP deplorables and we want him to be successful and our country. Have we been scammed because he told us all what we wanted to hear. After 8 years of Obama we all were looking for a pied piper and TRUMP was that guy. Thus far IMO only he had been a disappointment as compared to his campaign promises. The MAJOR promises not the little ones and if that does not change then we were scammed. WE are all MY BAD.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #29 - 09/09/17 at 09:57:15
Print Post  
pitchshot wrote on 09/09/17 at 09:50:20:
"I stupidly thought that Republicans would understand that Trump won, and why he won. "

You are not at all Stupid,not at all. If you were you would be on the Huff Post, not here. We all on here are TRUMP deplorables and we want him to be successful and our country. Have we been scammed because he told us all what we wanted to hear. After 8 years of Obama we all were looking for a pied piper and TRUMP was that guy. Thus far IMO only he had been a disappointment as compared to his campaign promises. The MAJOR promises not the little ones and if that does not change then we were scammed. WE are all MY BAD.  Roll Eyes

One detail that gets overlooked as well is that when he was running he battered Congress deservingly calling them stupid and crooked among other names.  Is it such a surprise that they refuse to cooperate with him? Not so much over the name calling per se but I'm sure it's in the back of some of their minds and it's one more small reason he can't get their help.

Look we all supported him and still do, some more than others.  He ran on a Populist conservative platform. That was his appeal at a time when many were fed up with Obama and Co.

No one who is realistic thought he would get everything done but those that voted for him as the lesser of two evils are not his base. They are and will dessert him if some real legislation doesn't get passed. Canceling things and EOs only go so far in soothing the public.  The problem for Trump is the only way to get anything passed is to cooperate with Democrats and those that voted for him as the lesser of the evils don't want to see him doing that. His base will be more forgiving but those that voted for him for lukewarm reasons will not be as forgiving. It's just reality.

Now after saying that are we going to abandon him 8 months in? I'm not but like most there is a point where one has to face the facts. The point is still in the future for now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › A campaign promise BROKEN

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias