Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › A campaign promise BROKEN
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A campaign promise BROKEN (Read 1,757 times)
KCMO
CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: A campaign promise BROKEN
Reply #30 - 09/09/17 at 10:40:02
Print Post  
Like Limbaugh has said all along, Trump isn't ideological..he's not a political animal at all (obviously) and honestly this is the part I love about him. Whether or not a particular decision goes the way you want, the guy is bull dozing Washington political culture like never seen before.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #31 - 09/09/17 at 10:53:22
Print Post  
I think the only way to know for sure if we have been "Scammed" by Trump is to ask..............If he had the normal amount of cooperation from Congress, would he have performed better?  I think the answer is YES.  He has done a lot of things and could do more.  I don't think you can say we have been "Scammed".

IP Logged

MoGal
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #32 - 09/09/17 at 11:32:37
Print Post  
Quote:
"I stupidly thought that Republicans would understand that Trump won, and why he won. "

You are not at all Stupid,not at all. If you were you would be on the Huff Post, not here. We all on here are TRUMP deplorables and we want him to be successful and our country. Have we been scammed because he told us all what we wanted to hear. After 8 years of Obama we all were looking for a pied piper and TRUMP was that guy. Thus far IMO only he had been a disappointment as compared to his campaign promises. The MAJOR promises not the little ones and if that does not change then we were scammed. WE are all MY BAD.  Roll Eyes

I always come back to...I' m not looking at Shrillary and at least Trump is trying.

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #33 - 09/09/17 at 13:37:42
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 09/09/17 at 10:53:22:
I think the only way to know for sure if we have been "Scammed" by Trump is to ask..............If he had the normal amount of cooperation from Congress, would he have performed better?  I think the answer is YES.  He has done a lot of things and could do more.  I don't think you can say we have been "Scammed".

We haven't been scammed. We've been bogged down in a swamp that is very deep.

IP Logged

SurroundedByLiberals
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #34 - 09/09/17 at 13:59:44
Print Post  
   Not scammed. 
   DJT was well known before we called him Mr. President.  His demeanor, courses of actions, family values have been out there for decades.
   Remember, he's the only person of notoriety to take on Obama's failure to prove where he was born.  That resulted in the fake "certificate of live birth" which proved nothing beyond record keepers in the 1960's did NOT use African American.
    Our President is just getting started and he will prevail with help from conservatives in the mid-terms. 

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #35 - 09/09/17 at 14:04:55
Print Post  
MoGal wrote on 09/09/17 at 11:32:37:
I always come back to...I' m not looking at Shrillary and at least Trump is trying.

You certainly have a point there!

Lily003    Shocked

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #36 - 09/09/17 at 14:12:04
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 09/09/17 at 10:53:22:

I don't feel we have been scammed.  However, with immigration my #1 issue, I didn't expect 800,000 more illegal aliens on the path to legalization.  If anyone doesn't think that's happening, they're deluding themselves.

The man has had incredible obstruction and fighting against him.  Now he must use "art of the deal" to not just let 800,000 illegal aliens legalized without DOCUMENTED promises for the wall and other enforcement of our country from this.  Citizens MUST come first - that IS a campaign promise.  And a legitimate one.  If he doesn't do it, we have NO HOPE of it ever being done.

Lily003   Huh

IP Logged

ceelu
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #37 - 09/11/17 at 14:59:26
Print Post  
ConservativeOne wrote on 09/09/17 at 13:37:42:
We haven't been scammed. We've been bogged down in a swamp that is very deep.

That is exactly right and the whiners (and I do mean whiners because they are caught up in the child fantasy of "instant want gratification") lose the perspective of what Trump has to navigate. He's trying to build a border wall, pass a balanced budget, reorganize health care, get rid of illegals (by law), revise the tax code, bring back jobs, up grade our infra-structure, rebuild our military, end ISIS in the Middle East, deal with the missile launching whack job in NOKO, do right by all the American citizens devastated by the hurricanes, floods, and fires, listen daily to what an SOB he is, hear endless snarky remarks about his wife, daughters, sons, and any other family members or friends courtesy of a hateful media, all the while swimming upstream in the quicksand that is special interest $$$$ driven politicos on both sides of the aisle. Hell, it would be easier to just go find a brick wall and bang his head against it 18 hours out of every day. It's unfortunate that he can't wave a magic wand and make everything perfect for everybody but he can't. IMO he's managing the best he can with the hand he's been dealt. Right now he's trying to win for the people with a pair of deuces(McConnell and Ryan) up against a full house of kings over queens(Schumer, Graham, McCain, Pelosi,and Warren)  hoping that he can find a way to accomplish a royal "flush"(you know what I mean). Give him a chance to wager and play his hand.

IP Logged

pitchshot
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 09/11/17 at 15:17:22
Print Post  
ceelu wrote on 09/11/17 at 14:59:26:
[/highlight]

That is exactly right and the whiners (and I do mean whiners because they are caught up in the child fantasy of "instant want gratification") lose the perspective of what Trump has to navigate. He's trying to build a border wall, pass a balanced budget, reorganize health care, get rid of illegals (by law), revise the tax code, bring back jobs, up grade our infra-structure, rebuild our military, end ISIS in the Middle East, deal with the missile launching whack job in NOKO, do right by all the American citizens devastated by the hurricanes, floods, and fires, listen daily to what an SOB he is, hear endless snarky remarks about his wife, daughters, sons, and any other family members or friends courtesy of a hateful media, all the while swimming upstream in the quicksand that is special interest $$$$ driven politicos on both sides of the aisle. Hell, it would be easier to just go find a brick wall and bang his head against it 18 hours out of every day. It's unfortunate that he can't wave a magic wand and make everything perfect for everybody but he can't. IMO he's managing the best he can with the hand he's been dealt. Right now he's trying to win for the people with a pair of deuces(McConnell and Ryan) up against a full house of kings over queens(Schumer, Graham, McCain, Pelosi,and Warren)  hoping that he can find a way to accomplish a royal "flush"(you know what I mean). Give him a chance to wager and play his hand.

Lets all hold hands and sing kum by ya and that will fix things for all of us. I think TRUMP knew what he was getting into when he ran for POTUS. Every one else did ? The RINOGOPe, UNIPARTY, 'Media, talk show hosts told him exactly what they thought of him and the Republicans did not elect TRUMP. You cannot get your agenda through when everyone HE put around him are against it. Sooner or later TRUMP has to man up and either take then on and start with PROSCUTIONs or say bye bye and do not run in 2020. Now lets all take a deep breath and expectations of campaign promises will go away?? Wink

PS: This ought to make you feel better:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/11/illegal-immigration-southwest-do...

IP Logged

Freightdog
CF Vice Presidents Club

Reply #39 - 09/11/17 at 15:44:12
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 09/09/17 at 14:12:04:
I don't feel we have been scammed.  However, with immigration my #1 issue, I didn't expect 800,000 more illegal aliens on the path to legalization.  If anyone doesn't think that's happening, they're deluding themselves.

The man has had incredible obstruction and fighting against him.  Now he must use "art of the deal" to not just let 800,000 illegal aliens legalized without DOCUMENTED promises for the wall and other enforcement of our country from this.  Citizens MUST come first - that IS a campaign promise.  And a legitimate one.  If he doesn't do it, we have NO HOPE of it ever being done.

Lily003   Huh

Lily, I agree that immigration is a very important issue, and hopefully Trump will win this issue, but to me judicial nominations are much more important. They will determine the direction of this country for the next 30 years. So far, Trump has done an excellent job with this issue. The left are complaining that Gorsuch is even more conservative than Scalia, and that's gotta put a smile on your face. Near the end, Scalia was getting a bit too chummy with that old witch Ginsburg, only God knows why. Anyway, it appears he is doing the same thing with the lower court nominations as he did with Gorsuch. If he is successful it will make a huge difference in future decisions. Plus, he may get 1 or 2 more conservatives on the Supreme court before his 1st term is up. Hopefully that will give you something to smile about... Smiley

Vegetarians eat vegetables. Beware of humanitarians...

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › A campaign promise BROKEN

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias