Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › Can a state violate the US Constitution when aplying its own Constitution?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Can a state violate the US Constitution when aplying its own Constitution? (Read 69 times)
Country_hick
CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Can a state violate the US Constitution when aplying its own Constitution?
09/16/17 at 23:35:34
Print Post  
In 2017 Maine's Supreme Court in State v Chase violated the U.S. Constitutions equal protection and due process clauses.

They currently apply 2 irreconcilable standards to Me. Const. Art. 1 Section 20. For traffic tickets trial by jury is denied until we can prove a similar trial had a jury in 1819 before Maine left Massachusetts. Trial by jury is mandated for other civil suits unless the state proves a similar trial was denied a jury in 1819. We can not tolerate this unequal treatment by Maine's Courts. We can not allow justices to violate their oath of office and the US Constitution.

If justice exists in Maine all 7 Justices must be impeached for refusing to apply the U.S. Constitutions equal protection requirements.

Here are the details.
https://www.facebook.com/dan.chase.792/posts/1190059507804334

The Maine Supreme judicial Court has demonstrated that the foundation used in State v. Anton was overturned which thereby overturned and invalidated that entire case as shown by: Godin v. Schencks, 629 F. 3d 79 - Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit 2010, In re Shane T., 544 A. 2d 1295 - Me: Supreme Judicial Court 1988, N. SCH. CONGREGATE HOUSING v. Merrithew, 558 A. 2d 1189 - Me: Supreme Judicial Court 1989, Smith v. Hawthorne, 2006 ME 19 - Me: Supreme Judicial Court 2006, City of Portland v. DePaolo, 531 A. 2d 669 - Me: Supreme Judicial Court 1987.

That does not matter as shown in:

State v. Chase, 2017 ME 43 - Me: Supreme Judicial Court 2017
[¶5] Chase challenges the court’s denial of his request for a jury trial in this traffic matter as a violation of Me. Const. art I, § 20, which provides that, “[i]n all civil suits, . . . the parties shall have a right to a trial by jury, except in cases where it has heretofore been otherwise practiced.” We have held that neither the Maine Constitution, nor any other authority, requires that a jury trial be available in a traffic matter. State v. Nugent, 2002 ME 111, ¶ 3, 801 A.2d 1001 (“[T]here is no civil jury trial right for traffic infraction proceedings afforded by article I, section 20 of the Maine Constitution . . . .”); State v. Arnheiter, 598 A.2d 1183, 1185-86 (Me. 1991); State v. Anton, 463 A.2d 703, 708-09 (Me. 1983); see M.R. Civ. P. 80F (setting out the procedure for traffic proceedings, and providing for only a nonjury trial in the District Court). Indeed, pursuant to 29-A M.R.S. § 103(2) (2016), “There is no right to trial by jury for a traffic infraction.” Thus, the court did not err by denying Chase’s jury trial request  Angry

I can see no legal justification for having 2 completely opposite ways of applying the same Constitutional article. This must be a violation of equal protection and due process as required by the U.S. Constitution.

Is there really any hope left when the states highest Court violates it duty to apply both the State of Maine Constitution and the U.S. constitution?

IP Logged

|Glitch|
CF Newbies 3

Conservative's Forum

Re: Can a state violate the US Constitution when aplying its own Constitution?
Reply #1 - yesterday at 02:39:00
Print Post  
In Baldwin v. New York, 399 U.S. 66 (1970) the Supreme Court held that juries can be denied in cases involving "petty crimes."  Meaning, cases that involve only fines and no jail time.  If the crime could involve jail time, or the "loss of liberty," even if it is a misdemeanor, then a jury trial cannot be denied.

IP Logged

SurroundedByLiberals
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - yesterday at 16:14:29
Print Post  
Country_hick wrote on 09/16/17 at 23:35:34:
In 2017 Maine's Supreme Court in State v Chase violated the U.S. Constitutions equal protection and due process clauses.

They currently apply 2 irreconcilable standards to Me. Const. Art. 1 Section 20. For traffic tickets trial by jury is denied until we can prove a similar trial had a jury in 1819 before Maine left Massachusetts. Trial by jury is mandated for other civil suits unless the state proves a similar trial was denied a jury in 1819. We can not tolerate this unequal treatment by Maine's Courts. We can not allow justices to violate their oath of office and the US Constitution.

If justice exists in Maine all 7 Justices must be impeached for refusing to apply the U.S. Constitutions equal protection requirements.

Here are the details.
https://www.facebook.com/dan.chase.792/posts/1190059507804334

The Maine Supreme judicial Court has demonstrated that the foundation used in State v. Anton was overturned which thereby overturned and invalidated that entire case as shown by: Godin v. Schencks, 629 F. 3d 79 - Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit 2010, In re Shane T., 544 A. 2d 1295 - Me: Supreme Judicial Court 1988, N. SCH. CONGREGATE HOUSING v. Merrithew, 558 A. 2d 1189 - Me: Supreme Judicial Court 1989, Smith v. Hawthorne, 2006 ME 19 - Me: Supreme Judicial Court 2006, City of Portland v. DePaolo, 531 A. 2d 669 - Me: Supreme Judicial Court 1987.

That does not matter as shown in:

State v. Chase, 2017 ME 43 - Me: Supreme Judicial Court 2017
[¶5] Chase challenges the court’s denial of his request for a jury trial in this traffic matter as a violation of Me. Const. art I, § 20, which provides that, “[i]n all civil suits, . . . the parties shall have a right to a trial by jury, except in cases where it has heretofore been otherwise practiced.” We have held that neither the Maine Constitution, nor any other authority, requires that a jury trial be available in a traffic matter. State v. Nugent, 2002 ME 111, ¶ 3, 801 A.2d 1001 (“[T]here is no civil jury trial right for traffic infraction proceedings afforded by article I, section 20 of the Maine Constitution . . . .”); State v. Arnheiter, 598 A.2d 1183, 1185-86 (Me. 1991); State v. Anton, 463 A.2d 703, 708-09 (Me. 1983); see M.R. Civ. P. 80F (setting out the procedure for traffic proceedings, and providing for only a nonjury trial in the District Court). Indeed, pursuant to 29-A M.R.S. § 103(2) (2016), “There is no right to trial by jury for a traffic infraction.” Thus, the court did not err by denying Chase’s jury trial request  Angry

I can see no legal justification for having 2 completely opposite ways of applying the same Constitutional article. This must be a violation of equal protection and due process as required by the U.S. Constitution.

Is there really any hope left when the states highest Court violates it duty to apply both the State of Maine Constitution and the U.S. constitution?

Unfortunately you'd have to go Federal courts, even up to the US Supreme court.  You'd probably win but it'd take a long time, lots of money, and would consume your life.

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - yesterday at 17:01:16
Print Post  
And that is what they intended all along.

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away." #DestroytheFakeMedia!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › Can a state violate the US Constitution when aplying its own Constitution?

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias