Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsTalk Radio - Conservative News Sources › Weak Conservative Talk Radio Reception
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Weak Conservative Talk Radio Reception (Read 173 times)
tpojewoepoggj
Senior CF Member

Uh.... Which way did he
go, George?

Weak Conservative Talk Radio Reception
09/27/17 at 18:47:12
Print Post  
I am curious about this. Anyone here besides me receive weak signals from all of the conservative talk radio stations? I can pick up at least four such stations on the AM radio band, but they all come in weak. There are also no such stations on the FM band. The weak reception is one of the main reasons why I no longer attempt to listen to conservative talk radio most of the time while driving in my car. Plus, it distracts and frustrates me. So, whenever I want to listen to the radio, I just listen to my MP3 player with music tracks instead. The only way I can listen to some of the conservative talk radio with clear quality is on the Internet, which I usually do with Rush Limbaugh when I listen to him. I also go to his website after 5:00 PM each weekday.

TO HELL WITH THIS!

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Weak Conservative Talk Radio Reception
Reply #1 - 09/30/17 at 07:51:45
Print Post  
If you don't have an FM talker in your area, and you are a fair distance outside a larger city, that would account for your reception issues.  Most AM stations are low power, i.e. 10,000 watts or less.  Thus the limited reception range.  There are 7(?) AM stations nation wide that are FCC authorized power houses.  They operate at 50,000 watts, and maybe more after 7 PM.  This is a carry over from WWII.  We have one here in New Orleans, WWL 870 AM, there is one in Atlanta on AM 740 I think, but I don't remember their call letters.  I also believe there is one in San Antonio or Dallas to cover the Gulf coast.  New York has one, and that is all I can recall without using Google.  If you are rural up there in MA, and want conservative talk you will probably need to look into Sirius Satellite radio.

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away." #DestroytheFakeMedia!

IP Logged

tpojewoepoggj
Senior CF Member

Uh.... Which way did he
go, George?

Reply #2 - 10/01/17 at 03:46:58
Print Post  
There is an AM talk radio station that is in my area, but, unfortunately, it is a left-leaning one.. In fact, it is one of only two AM stations that come in clear. The other AM station is an oldies station that plays overall better music than the other music stations in my area. There are a lot of FM stations, but almost all of them don't appeal to me, as they mostly play more modern music. There are also more people in my area that are more apt to listen to NPR than conservative talk radio, or that just would rather listen to modern music FM channels, and are often not aware of conservative talk radio, or don't care to listen to it at all. I know that it is unfortunate on my part. It's often like conservatism practically does not seem to exist around here. I can see a little kid growing up here in Massachusetts say: "Mommy, what's a conservative?"
Sad

Fortunately, I do have the Internet, so I can listen to the likes of Rush Limbaugh loud and clear on here, from some radio website sources that carry people like him.

TO HELL WITH THIS!

IP Logged

SurroundedByLiberals
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 10/02/17 at 20:07:53
Print Post  
tpojewoepoggj wrote on 09/27/17 at 18:47:12:
I am curious about this. Anyone here besides me receive weak signals from all of the conservative talk radio stations? I can pick up at least four such stations on the AM radio band, but they all come in weak. There are also no such stations on the FM band. The weak reception is one of the main reasons why I no longer attempt to listen to conservative talk radio most of the time while driving in my car. Plus, it distracts and frustrates me. So, whenever I want to listen to the radio, I just listen to my MP3 player with music tracks instead. The only way I can listen to some of the conservative talk radio with clear quality is on the Internet, which I usually do with Rush Limbaugh when I listen to him. I also go to his website after 5:00 PM each weekday.

A spineless liberal may indeed dial down the wattage during conservative times where you are, but take solace in knowing that in San Francisco 560 AM is a conservative station.  Not only do they come in strong and powerful, 560 slaughters all other AM stations in ratings.

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 10/03/17 at 04:39:51
Print Post  
560 AM in San Fran may be one of those 7 AM powerhouses I mentioned.

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away." #DestroytheFakeMedia!

IP Logged

SurroundedByLiberals
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 10/03/17 at 10:47:33
Print Post  
UCAV wrote on 10/03/17 at 04:39:51:
560 AM in San Fran may be one of those 7 AM powerhouses I mentioned.

It's only 5,000K but reaches millions of homes, businesses, and vehicles every minute of every day.  That aside, KSFO dominates the Bay Area airwaves with conservative talk day, evening and night.

IP Logged

BMCPOODaddy
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 10/10/17 at 23:22:22
Print Post  
I host 7 or 8 Talk radio podcasts everyday on my website  recktednews.com   Hours and hours of great conservative talk radio.Like Rush, Mark, Savage, and others.Feel free to come and listen to them on my "Radio Rage"  page.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsTalk Radio - Conservative News Sources › Weak Conservative Talk Radio Reception

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias