Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsSports Board › Roger Goodell tells NFL owners ‘everyone should stand for the national anthem’
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Roger Goodell tells NFL owners ‘everyone should stand for the national anthem’ (Read 471 times)
shockedcanadian
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Roger Goodell tells NFL owners ‘everyone should stand for the national anthem’
Reply #10 - 10/10/17 at 16:40:45
Print Post  
Not just ratings and ticket sales hurting them, but Trump calling them out on their tax breaks.  It's not as if these teams can just get up and move to Mexico as a manufacturer can.

Who doesn't like free money?  Well when that money can be taken away with the stroke of a pen, people tend to listen and take heed.

IP Logged

countzero
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Roger Goodell tells NFL owners ‘everyone should stand for the national anthem’
Reply #11 - 10/10/17 at 17:34:42
Print Post  
They have to be forced to be patriotic? They can go to hades...

Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers and it is the duty as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian Nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers.~John Jay
Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?~ Patrick Henry

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #12 - 10/10/17 at 17:41:10
Print Post  
He must be another slave owner!

Lily003   Grin

IP Logged

Wapitime
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 10/10/17 at 17:52:46
Print Post  
I have watched only one NFL game this season, the first Seahawks game. I am finished.

IP Logged

Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #14 - 10/10/17 at 18:07:21
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 10/10/17 at 16:22:45:
You're still watching, so it means nothing to restrict to Steelers.  Many people only watch one team.

Lily003   Embarrassed

Wrong! With DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket I was not only watching Steelers games but I often watched all or part of one or more other games on Sunday and sometimes watched Sunday night, Monday night, and/or Thursday night.

For at least the time-being, not any more.

"Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change is a massive POLITICAL hoax."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."
Naturalized-Texan, 1/7/2009

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

IP Logged

Kybeagle
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 10/10/17 at 21:43:11
Print Post  
I wish I were an NFL fan just so I could quit watching them.

We should've picked our own cotton! - J Davis
Si vis pacem, para bellum - P Renatus

IP Logged

bballfan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #16 - 10/10/17 at 22:39:29
Print Post  
The toothpast is out of the tube and no way to get it back in. 56% fan base last year at this time....44% now.

Stop tax breaks. End the monopoly that is the NFL! Heck end all sports monopolies.

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

IP Logged

Fishman
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #17 - 10/10/17 at 22:51:15
Print Post  
Gabriele wrote on 10/10/17 at 15:28:16:
Too little, too late. This makes them look even worse in my opinion. I'm loving this!

I kind of feel this way as well. I used to be a pretty big football fan. Not so much anymore and I don't think a change that is forced on them now is going to change anything. The players need to see the light and make the change themselves.

IP Logged

Kybeagle
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - 10/10/17 at 23:42:40
Print Post  
Even if they all stand from now on, they have showed us their true colors.

We should've picked our own cotton! - J Davis
Si vis pacem, para bellum - P Renatus

IP Logged

ceelu
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #19 - 10/11/17 at 00:05:49
Print Post  
"Should stand" what the hell does that mean? It's still wishy washy and sets no definitive rule. That comment is about as binding as the other NFL Handbook guidelines i.e. players who are not on the field prior to the anthem, who don't face the flag and stand quietly with their helmets in their left hand, or players that talk during the anthem," may" be fined, suspended, and/or lose draft choices beginning with the first offense. Only a weak kneed weenie uses should, may, could be, Goodell is the NFL Commissioner and is supposed to be in charge. It's time someone in the NFL gets some backbone and says, "You will ... or you don't play. You don't play, NO paycheck!" I don't see what is so damn hard about that. If the ingrates don't like it, then they can resign and kiss their multi-millions bye bye. The only draw back is when they beat up their girlfriends, get arrested for DUI or drug possession they'll have to rely on a public defender instead of a high priced mouth piece. Tough!
Bottom line, I stopped watching football ( I was a big Seahawk fan) when all this got going because of the over privileged crybaby Krapersnick. I will never return to viewing any games as the players have burned their bridges with their meaningless obstinance. What ever the NFL does now will not be nearly enough and way too late in coming.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsSports Board › Roger Goodell tells NFL owners ‘everyone should stand for the national anthem’

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias