Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Supreme Court to hear bakery case.....
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Supreme Court to hear bakery case..... (Read 528 times)
USMC1967
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Supreme Court to hear bakery case.....
Reply #10 - 12/05/17 at 19:13:02
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 12/05/17 at 13:41:18:
Gay marriage is now legal - law of the land.

I do not believe marriage is anything but a man and woman.  BUT, I can't go around the law.

My feeling is they will say the business has to do it.

Lily003   Undecided

If I remember correctly, that same bakery made a cake for the same people that was NOT A WEDDING cake previously.

It is Now Very Clear CROOKED Mueller has Employed Partisan Democrats to Try and Sink Trump - TOTAL WITCH HUNT

“Human passions unbridled by morality and religion…would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net.”
– John Adams

“The media and democrats (and some republicans) are Colluding Against Trump simply to destroy him and in turn our Country." ~anonymous

IP Logged

|Glitch|
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - 12/05/17 at 19:59:41
Print Post  
mahdo1 wrote on 12/05/17 at 10:20:55:
That's Old Testament.  But a bakery should still have the right to refuse service.  Someone else will make the money instead.  That's what the free market and capitalism are all about.

I absolutely agree.  When someone cannot refuse service we consider that "slavery."

You will also note that these homosexuals did not go to a Muslim or Jewish bakery, they specifically targeted a Christian bakery.  Which makes this about religious persecution. 

The First Amendment protects everyone's inherent right to believe as they see fit, and prohibits Congress (and by extension the States) from enacting laws that restricts that right.  Those homosexuals could have found an atheist baker or another homosexual baker who would have no problem providing the cake they desired, but they specifically targeted a Christian baker to persecute them for their beliefs.

IP Logged

Fishman
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #12 - 12/05/17 at 20:45:23
Print Post  
darroll wrote on 12/05/17 at 13:37:07:
How to end it all......

Go to a liberal cake baker and tell them you voted for Trump, then order your cake.

Just make sure you have it's ingredients tested by a lab before you eat it!

IP Logged

SurroundedByLiberals
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 12/05/17 at 20:49:29
Print Post  
     Gay "marriage"? 
     Marriage has three elements: 1) between a man and woman, 2) witness(es), 3) recorded in public record.
     Has marriage been redefined?

IP Logged

Fishman
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #14 - 12/05/17 at 20:51:49
Print Post  
|Glitch| wrote on 12/05/17 at 19:59:41:
I absolutely agree.  When someone cannot refuse service we consider that "slavery."

You will also note that these homosexuals did not go to a Muslim or Jewish bakery, they specifically targeted a Christian bakery.  Which makes this about religious persecution. 

The First Amendment protects everyone's inherent right to believe as they see fit, and prohibits Congress (and by extension the States) from enacting laws that restricts that right.  Those homosexuals could have found an atheist baker or another homosexual baker who would have no problem providing the cake they desired, but they specifically targeted a Christian baker to persecute them for their beliefs.

This is a very good point. If by chance this did ever happen and the homos tried to have a cake made by a Muslim baker what would happen I wonder? Would the homos be more understanding of the situation and respect the bakers beliefs by going to another baker? Or...would the homos take the Muslim baker to court and if they did...what do you wanna bet the court would side with the Muslim baker?

IP Logged

mahdo1
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 12/05/17 at 22:13:34
Print Post  
newt2008 wrote on 12/05/17 at 14:12:00:
So then we do not have a free market system. Sine the givermint gets to decide with whom or what we chose to associate.

Ms. Borelli

This is correct.  If the government can tell you to make a cake that goes against your religious beliefs than it won't end there.  People have their beliefs and whether or not we agree with them they should also have the right to practice them.  I don't care one way or another for the KKK.  But if they want to march, march.  The same for BLM, 99%ers, and the NFL.  What ever.  Just don't infringe on my life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness.
« Last Edit: 12/06/17 at 09:23:03 by mahdo1 »  

Cordially,
David "The Mahdo One" Nelson

IP Logged

NotDave
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #16 - 12/05/17 at 22:58:01
Print Post  
If I remember correctly, the baker was to cease all production, make a list of previous cakes he did not make, have his employees educated (we can guess what that means), and have his family educated (we can guess what that means).

So it's not just a matter of making someone bake a cake. It's a matter of the State destroying an individual's ability to make an income if not dictating what intellectual property an individual can and cannot create.

This baker was specifically targeted as a Christian. Not decorating a "gay" wedding cake is a small portion what he will not do. He will not make an anti-gay cake, a cake displaying Nazi or other such symbols, an anti-American cake, or any other cake of offensive nature.

This was 100% a power grab from the State under the guise of equality.

Why aren't we investigating the President and staff that held office while the supposed Russian interference occurred?

IP Logged

|Glitch|
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #17 - 12/05/17 at 23:36:03
Print Post  
Fishman wrote on 12/05/17 at 20:51:49:
This is a very good point. If by chance this did ever happen and the homos tried to have a cake made by a Muslim baker what would happen I wonder? Would the homos be more understanding of the situation and respect the bakers beliefs by going to another baker? Or...would the homos take the Muslim baker to court and if they did...what do you wanna bet the court would side with the Muslim baker?

And the courts would be correct to side with the Muslim baker in such a case, just as the Supreme Court will undoubtedly decide on behalf of the Christian baker.  This is a clear cut case of religious persecution, and I am not a Christian.

IP Logged

|Glitch|
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - 12/05/17 at 23:39:20
Print Post  
NotDave wrote on 12/05/17 at 22:58:01:
If I remember correctly, the baker was to cease all production, make a list of previous cakes he did not make, have his employees educated (we can guess what that means), and have his family educated (we can guess what that means).

So it's not just a matter of making someone bake a cake. It's a matter of the State destroying an individual's ability to make an income if not dictating what intellectual property an individual can and cannot create.

This baker was specifically targeted as a Christian. Not decorating a "gay" wedding cake is a small portion what he will not do. He will not make an anti-gay cake, a cake displaying Nazi or other such symbols, an anti-American cake, or any other cake of offensive nature.

This was 100% a power grab from the State under the guise of equality.

I am in total agreement.

IP Logged

red hawk
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #19 - 12/05/17 at 23:47:23
Print Post  
A chocolate cake laced with Ex-Lax...or a vanilla cake made with Milk of Magnesia.

Let the Supreme Court think about THAT for a while!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Supreme Court to hear bakery case.....

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias