Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Xfinity Unreal
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Xfinity Unreal (Read 1,321 times)
dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Xfinity Unreal
12/18/17 at 16:14:05
Print Post  
Since us “flyover” deplorables have little or no choices in internet or cable TV providers we are forced to rent Comcast (Xfinity) or Dish Network or Direct TV.  Comcast (Xfinity) internet is speedy and in a package, but the others we are forced to seek Internet elsewhere.  Even Centurylink stopped serving us, so we have little choice.  Hey, I thought the communist Obama fixed all that for us outback people! 

So I ordered a new cell phone for a Christmas gift for the wife back over a week ago and it was supposed to be a two-day delivery.  Got an email that is was in process and that is all.  Twice chatted with foreigners with no results.  Twice called with no results. Hey, I can order a yacht from eBay and gets it post haste.  Like, I ordered a light switch from eBay last week and it was in my mail box in two days!  Sometimes I think we will just do without cable and go with a cell phone that is more reliable.  Or something.

IP Logged

CF Admin
CF Administrator

Conservative's Forum

Re: Xfinity Unreal
Reply #1 - 12/18/17 at 16:35:03
Print Post  
I heard of high speed wireless internet is coming. Not sure where but you can get internet wireless on your phone now, its slower than wired. Also heard of internet service with small local companies.

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 12/18/17 at 17:19:10
Print Post  
CF Admin wrote on 12/18/17 at 16:35:03:
I heard of high speed wireless internet is coming. Not sure where but you can get internet wireless on your phone now, its slower than wired. Also heard of internet service with small local companies.

Yeah, we wee so excited in 2015 when net neutrality came along.  Ever since then we lost all but two Internet providers out here.  Our daughter can only get Century link at, yeah, 10m speed!  We can't even get that now. 

We lie out in the outback, cell tower is a few miles off, so not great.

So, I changed my Xfinity Internet to a slower speed because it never was as advertised.  Now I pay less and get the same speed Smiley 

IP Logged

|Glitch|
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 12/19/17 at 01:22:08
Print Post  
dustymars wrote on 12/18/17 at 16:14:05:
Since us “flyover” deplorables have little or no choices in internet or cable TV providers we are forced to rent Comcast (Xfinity) or Dish Network or Direct TV.  Comcast (Xfinity) internet is speedy and in a package, but the others we are forced to seek Internet elsewhere.  Even Centurylink stopped serving us, so we have little choice.  Hey, I thought the communist Obama fixed all that for us outback people! 

So I ordered a new cell phone for a Christmas gift for the wife back over a week ago and it was supposed to be a two-day delivery.  Got an email that is was in process and that is all.  Twice chatted with foreigners with no results.  Twice called with no results. Hey, I can order a yacht from eBay and gets it post haste.  Like, I ordered a light switch from eBay last week and it was in my mail box in two days!  Sometimes I think we will just do without cable and go with a cell phone that is more reliable.  Or something.

Cut the cable and be free!  It is good for your health because it will lower your blood-pressure, and it will deprive the Democrat Propaganda Machine (a.k.a. mainstream media) of your viewership.  That's a win/win situation!   Cool

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 12/19/17 at 05:39:34
Print Post  
I have Direct TV.  They have come out with an Internet Version (Direct TV Now) of the same at a much cheaper price.  I tried it for two months while keeping Direct TV.  The picture is every bit as good.  They don't have CBS on it which is a big drawback.  It is $35 a month.  There is no backing up to a previous spot in the show or recording.  For $35, it is a fair product.  We dropped it due to the few things I mentioned.  As time goes by things will improve, I feel sure and Internet TV will be the thing.

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 12/19/17 at 05:52:59
Print Post  
Streaming a la carte TV is the thing of the future, but you won't save any money with it.

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away."
"Gun control is one shot, one kill!"

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 12/19/17 at 06:50:40
Print Post  
|Glitch| wrote on 12/19/17 at 01:22:08:
Cut the cable and be free!  It is good for your health because it will lower your blood-pressure, and it will deprive the Democrat Propaganda Machine (a.k.a. mainstream media) of your viewership.  That's a win/win situation!   Cool

Cable provides me with humor not found in nature.

Problem with satellite TV and Internet is rain clouds.

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 12/22/17 at 19:36:25
Print Post  
Well, I should have gone with Version because I got my wife a mobile phone and tried to activate it, but it would not.  Had to chat support for 1.5 hours with some foreign dude that must not understood English because the replies took FOREVER!!!!  Then I have to wait 24 hours for it to activate.  Remind me to never chat with them again!!!!!!

You would think with all my information on screen that the process would not take so long, but I had to reenter everything.  A complete joke.  BUT, out her in the outback I cannot get any other service!!!!!!!   THANKS OBAMA!!!!

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #8 - 12/23/17 at 14:14:55
Print Post  
Well, another day on chat, on the phone and her phone still is not activated.  This time I called and some Hispanic, who barely spoke broken, pidgin English finally got the correct info, but we have to wait 4 hours. 

In all the years activating credit cards, phones, PC's, software, whatever -- I have never had such poor support.

If we could buy a TV, Internet and phone provider out her I would, but we are stuck with Net Neutrality until that is fixed.  After 2015 we were reduced to one Internet, three TV and only one land line.  Thanks comrade Obama.

IP Logged

killermccoy
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #9 - 12/23/17 at 15:28:57
Print Post  
dustymars wrote on 12/18/17 at 16:14:05:

The U.S. has the slowest and most expensive broadband among modern nations.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Xfinity Unreal

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias