Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Xfinity Unreal
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Xfinity Unreal (Read 1,326 times)
Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Xfinity Unreal
Reply #10 - 12/23/17 at 20:32:41
Print Post  
dustymars wrote on 12/18/17 at 17:19:10:
Yeah, we wee so excited in 2015 when net neutrality came along.  Ever since then we lost all but two Internet providers out here.  Our daughter can only get Century link at, yeah, 10m speed!  We can't even get that now. 

We lie out in the outback, cell tower is a few miles off, so not great.

So, I changed my Xfinity Internet to a slower speed because it never was as advertised.  Now I pay less and get the same speed Smiley

Now that Obama's government controls over the internet, i.e. net neutrality, has been repealed, access to the Internet should improve immensely with more competition.

We all should thank President Trump for the new FCC rules ending Obama-ordered federal control of the Internet and returning it to free-market competion.

BTW, if Obama's net neutrality rules had been in effect 10 or 20 years ago, the only cell phone anyone could purchase would look like World War II walkie-talkies and only the very rich could afford them and everyone who wanted access to the Internet would have no choice but to subscribe to a government-run Internet at whatever rate the government decided to charge.

"Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change is a massive POLITICAL hoax."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."
Naturalized-Texan, 1/7/2009

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - 12/24/17 at 06:58:51
Print Post  
Naturalized-Texan wrote on 12/23/17 at 20:32:41:
Now that Obama's government controls over the internet, i.e. net neutrality, has been repealed, access to the Internet should improve immensely with more competition.

We all should thank President Trump for the new FCC rules ending Obama-ordered federal control of the Internet and returning it to free-market competion.

BTW, if Obama's net neutrality rules had been in effect 10 or 20 years ago, the only cell phone anyone could purchase would look like World War II walkie-talkies and only the very rich could afford them and everyone who wanted access to the Internet would have no choice but to subscribe to a government-run Internet at whatever rate the government decided to charge.

Yeah, and cell phone would resemble those used by Flash Gordon Smiley   

Well, my wife has had it so she is sending their phone back and we'll go to MetroPCS.  Cost a little more but it will activate at the store. Xfinity should back up and get some people that speak English and have at least a grade school education.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #12 - 12/24/17 at 09:22:29
Print Post  
dustymars wrote on 12/24/17 at 06:58:51:

Well, my wife has had it so she is sending their phone back and we'll go to MetroPCS.  Cost a little more but it will activate at the store. Xfinity should back up and get some people that speak English and have at least a grade school education.

My girlfriend and I recently ventured into the Smartphone World after giving up the flip phone.  We went to MetroPCS and got a free phone with unlimited use for $40 each a month.  We have not had any problems.

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 12/24/17 at 09:48:11
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 12/24/17 at 09:22:29:
My girlfriend and I recently ventured into the Smartphone World after giving up the flip phone.  We went to MetroPCS and got a free phone with unlimited use for $40 each a month.  We have not had any problems.

Called Xfinity's return number and talked with another very hard to understand support person, but did get the return number, so I wished her Merry Christmas, thanks but no thanks, bye..... Xfinity phone boxed and ready for Fed-Ex, then on to MetroPCS.

Guess when they start hiring English speaking support people I may call them again.  Their web site is so slow and glitch, I refuse to go there now. Never had a problem with Indian supports people, just can't get Hispanics to speak clearly.  Funny, she didn't laugh when I started speaking German to her.

IP Logged

Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #14 - 12/24/17 at 10:09:39
Print Post  
dustymars wrote on 12/24/17 at 06:58:51:

I must put in a positive word for AT&T/DirecTV. All the agents I have talked to speak good ol' American English and have been very helpful in solving the rare problems I have encountered and in explaining new services and the costs for obtaining them. Their service technicians have been very competent and dedicated to getting everything right.

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 12/24/17 at 10:51:33
Print Post  
I am certain Xfinity hires illegals or something because they are very hard to understand and seem not to care.  My Cuban or Mexican friends speak better English (American) than I do, so not sure what Xfinity’s problem is.  Like listening to black street thugs then compare them with Harris Faulkner on Fox News. She has perfect diction and the easiest talking head to understand on all of TV. Wish street thugs would learn to do as well.

IP Logged

Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #16 - 12/24/17 at 21:20:39
Print Post  
I doubt that Xfinity hires illegals. It's much more likely that they contract out their Help Desk to a company in India where English is not the first language of of those populating the Help Desk.

Back around 2008 when I first signed up for Southwestern Bell Internet I ran into the same problem, I wrote a strongly worded letter to Mr. Whittaker, then the SWB President. He had his Executive Assistant call me to ask me what they could do solve my problems. The EA gave me the 800-numberr of the phone in his office and told me to call when I was having problems. I did so and after a few calls to the EA he gave me the 800-number of a tech guru who ended up solving my problems.

A few weeks later I read that SWB had hired a company in Arkansas to handle their Help Desk.

A footnote: When GM was about to go under about 8 or 9 years ago, GM hired Mr. Whittaker to bring the company back to life. It worked.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #17 - 12/25/17 at 06:06:20
Print Post  
A big corporation I used to work for farmed their Help Desk out to India.  Those people were just impossible to understand.  When I quit the company the situation had not improved.  I just don't understand the thinking of hiring a Help Desk where they speak poor English.

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - 12/25/17 at 07:25:04
Print Post  
Truth is, at least for me, the India support people speak better English by far that all those we spoke to at Xfinity.  At times, in the past, when I needed help and speaking to an India dude everything was done smoothly.  Never really had a problem. 

I know about customer support, my daughter did it for 20 years until they found cheaper people -- in P.R. or Mexico or on Mars.  Now she is still looking for work.

IP Logged

ZeWazir
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #19 - 12/25/17 at 11:36:44
Print Post  
I had to call customer support for a repair parts distributor because they'd sent the wrong part.  The person who answered the call was definitely Hispanic in origin, and her English was so heavily accented I just could not make it out. I asked her to repeat herself so many times she finally got frustrated and transferred me to someone who could speak understandable English. From there the call went smoothly, and we got the right part and a return label to send the wrong part back the next day.

But I wonder when these companies will realize that saving money by hiring these foreign help desk companies will just end up costing them clients in the long run? With customer support, good communication is absolutely essential, and that just does not happen when half or more of the workers can barely speak the language of the clients.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Xfinity Unreal

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias