Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Xfinity Unreal
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Xfinity Unreal (Read 1,471 times)
dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Xfinity Unreal
Reply #20 - 12/25/17 at 17:16:19
Print Post  
ZeWazir wrote on 12/25/17 at 11:36:44:
I had to call customer support for a repair parts distributor because they'd sent the wrong part.  The person who answered the call was definitely Hispanic in origin, and her English was so heavily accented I just could not make it out. I asked her to repeat herself so many times she finally got frustrated and transferred me to someone who could speak understandable English. From there the call went smoothly, and we got the right part and a return label to send the wrong part back the next day.

But I wonder when these companies will realize that saving money by hiring these foreign help desk companies will just end up costing them clients in the long run? With customer support, good communication is absolutely essential, and that just does not happen when half or more of the workers can barely speak the language of the clients.

Unfortunately those  companies will be out of business before they realize their error in judgment.  I asked fro another support gal but no way.

IP Logged

Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #21 - 12/25/17 at 20:17:01
Print Post  
ZeWazir wrote on 12/25/17 at 11:36:44:
I had to call customer support for a repair parts distributor because they'd sent the wrong part.  The person who answered the call was definitely Hispanic in origin, and her English was so heavily accented I just could not make it out. I asked her to repeat herself so many times she finally got frustrated and transferred me to someone who could speak understandable English. From there the call went smoothly, and we got the right part and a return label to send the wrong part back the next day.

But I wonder when these companies will realize that saving money by hiring these foreign help desk companies will just end up costing them clients in the long run? With customer support, good communication is absolutely essential, and that just does not happen when half or more of the workers can barely speak the language of the clients.

I was told that when I have that problem with customer service to ask for Level 2 support.

"Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change is a massive POLITICAL hoax."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."
Naturalized-Texan, 1/7/2009

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

IP Logged

ZeWazir
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #22 - 12/25/17 at 22:34:22
Print Post  
Naturalized-Texan wrote on 12/25/17 at 20:17:01:
I was told that when I have that problem with customer service to ask for Level 2 support.

I'd be asking them why I don't get level two support from the start.

IP Logged

MoGal
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #23 - 12/25/17 at 23:49:52
Print Post  
For those of you (us) who live in the outback with no decent internet service; hang on. We just got a new product in our area from ATT called Homebase (comes off the cell tower). 250Gs a month for about $65.00 and it is very reliable. I was told we (southwest Missouri) were a test area. If usage in our area is any indication, it should be everywhere soon. The store was packed when I signed us up and when I went back to activate. Our entire rural neighborhood has signed up and ditched the hodgepodge of satellite, phone, whatever service we could find.  It's a real bargain and has worked through rain, snow, wind and whatever Mama Nature has thrown at us.
« Last Edit: 12/26/17 at 07:28:55 by MoGal »  
IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #24 - 12/26/17 at 06:30:31
Print Post  
MoGal wrote on 12/25/17 at 23:49:52:
For those of you (us) who live in the outback with no decent internet service; hang on. We just got a new product in our area from ATT called Homebase (comes off the cell tower). 250Gs a month for about $65.00 and it is very reliable. I was told we (southwest Missouri) was a test area. If usage in our area is any indication, it should be everywhere soon. The store was packed when I signed us up and when I went back to activate. Our entire rural neighborhood has signed up and ditched the hodgepodge of satellite, phone, whatever service we could find.  It's a real bargain and has worked through rain, snow, wind and whatever Mama Nature has thrown at us.

Waiting and hoping..

IP Logged

MoGal
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #25 - 12/26/17 at 07:32:03
Print Post  
They never advertised this in our area. Our neighbors got offered it when they went into the ATT store to have a change made in their Direct TV. They got it, called us, and when I raced in the store manager said they could not keep enough base units in the store to satisfy the demand.  I don't know how you would find out if it's in your area...they did not advertise it to the general public, but news spread by mouth like wildfire in my rural area.  I know I have sent more than a dozen to the ATT store just by telling people. It's been a godsend to us since I work at home and have two grandsons who live with us who are tech crazy. Smaller one has to do all homework on line and that had been a big issue for us. We have been watching Netflix for the first time ever because our previous internet (which cost more) would not handle streaming well enough.

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #26 - 12/26/17 at 07:40:01
Print Post  
When we moved here 17 years ago we had a choice of several Internet providers, except EarthLink, and three TV networks and many phone providers.  I already had EarthLink but could not transfer it here, so I used a local one for while.  Then, due to poor service, I changed to new one and a few years later it too crashed, so we went with CenturyLink. 

I think we could get Comcast, can’t remember the other two cable TV, DirectTV and Dish Network.   We used Comcast for several years until the service got bad and price doubled then went with Dish.  Due to frequent drop outs because of rain clouds we switched back to Comcast and their phone and Internet systems. 

Then in 2015 came Net Neutrality; thanks to comrade dictator Obama. After that our daughter, who lives a few miles from us, lost Comcast and Verizon Internet, but picked up DirectTV and CenturyLink.  We then lost two cable TV networks and was left with Comcast, DirectTV and Dish Network; then left without any other Internet providers except Xfinity and Hughes Net. 

Comrade Dictator Obama promised to allow high speed Internet to us “flyover” degenerates, but moved it to his main constituents in the inner cities.  He is a racist liar and wannabe communist dictator.

IP Logged

DEW
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #27 - 12/26/17 at 07:47:44
Print Post  
dustymars wrote on 12/26/17 at 07:40:01:
When we moved here 17 years ago we has a choice of several Internet providers, except EarthLink, and three TV networks and many phone providers.  I already had EarthLink but could not transfer it here, so I used a local one for while.  Then, due to poor service, I changed to new one and a few years later it too crashed, so we went with CenturyLink. 

I think we could get Comcast, can’t remember the other two cable TV, DirectTV and Dish Network.   We used Comcast for several years until the service got bad and price doubled then went with Dish.  Due to frequent drop outs because of rain clouds we switched back to Comcast and their phone and Internet systems. 

Then in 2015 came Net Neutrality; thanks to comrade dictator Obama. After that our daughter, who lives a few miles from us, lost Comcast and Verizon Internet, but picked up DirectTV and CenturyLink.  We then lost two cable TV networks and was left with Comcast, DirectTV and Dish Network; then left without any other Internet providers except Xfinity and Hughes Net. 

Comrade Dictator Obama promised to allow high speed Internet to us “flyover” degenerates, but moved it to his main constituents in the inner cities.  He is a racist liar and wannabe communist dictator.

AGREE WITH THAT!!!

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #28 - 12/26/17 at 07:51:47
Print Post  
   We  have been promised ATT fiber optic for years. They just recently made my phone internet bearable.

IP Logged

MoGal
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #29 - 12/26/17 at 09:05:24
Print Post  
SBC global or ATT whatever they call it was within 1/8 mile of me, but they refused to extend it to our house. In fact, the repairman told me that the next time the people who had it had issues, he would disconnect it. That was about 6 months ago.  I had an old Verizon unlimited 3G plan and that is all we had. Very spotty service and slow..they would choke it down after you used about 40 Gs.  We have been in heaven.  But a heads up to that repairman...nobody has to install homebase and if you have issues(or so I am told), you call their tech desk.  The unit comes in a box in the mail and the ATT store activates it. No repairman needed.  I believe it also gives you the option to have a wireless home phone included in the price.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Xfinity Unreal

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias