Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › UFO's and Stuff
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) UFO's and Stuff (Read 1,214 times)
dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

UFO's and Stuff
12/21/17 at 09:31:13
Print Post  
Refer to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID3vYd_3ibs&hl=pt%5FBR&version=3

Well, as an old flight simulator guy who worked many fighter radar systems, F-102, F4E, Rf4E, even a MIG-25, etc., I am of course behind times, but the presentation on that target acquisition/landmass radar makes me curious;   from the description by the pilot of that F-18 he stated the conditions it was on a clear day and the G-forces were way higher than a human being could endure!  Hum, it appears that the sky was very cloudy; by the cloud returns in the radar display, and he was able to lock on and track the target through several minutes of time -- so how did he survive the so-called forces? 

The whole radar display appeared phony to me.  Just saying, and while I am behind times as to the new radar systems, we did have some modern stuff back in my day.  Just something about the radar tracking appears wrong to me; no lateral target movements, no typical jitter or target fading and such that is usually seen in such a radar display.  Something stinks here.

IP Logged

|Glitch|
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: UFO's and Stuff
Reply #1 - 12/21/17 at 09:54:44
Print Post  
I am willing to take him at his word that he saw something that he could not explain.  If we live long enough eventually we will all see things that we cannot immediately explain.

What I cannot understand is why some of us immediately turn to an extraterrestrial source for an explanation.  An "Unidentified Flying Object" is just that.  It in no way implies that it is from an extraterrestrial origin.

Anyone who believes extraterrestrial beings have come to visit Earth is demonstrating their piss poor education.  Since everyone with a basic grasp of physics comprehends that nothing with mass can reach or exceed the speed of light.  Which means they are implying that aliens traveled for tens of thousands of years and trillions of miles to visit our little world in the middle of nowhere.  Boy, now that is hubris.   Grin

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 12/21/17 at 10:07:42
Print Post  
There are too many questions I have to take the phenomena seriously.  First, for a being to be able to travel in interstellar space they surely must possess stealth technology or their craft are made of radar avoiding materials (for technical reasons).  Why would an advanced civilization play games with us by flirting with our military anyway? 

Surely if the old sci-fi movies, magazine articles and books are correct that ET’s are afraid of our newly acquired atomic bomb technology or whatever, they should be far advanced in avoidance than our minds could conceive.  Too many philosophical reasons, plus technical reasons, to disbelieve in such things.  IMHO, those people who seriously follow the UFO phenomena should take a breath and think about it.

Our knowledge in physics may be limited, as some of our own brains have thought past the speed of light limit thing, even as we speak.

IP Logged

|Glitch|
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 12/21/17 at 10:25:26
Print Post  
I also find it odd as to why they would release this story now, 13 years after the fact.  What prompted the DOD to publish this video?  Did someone request it?  How did it come to be in the public forum in the first place, and more importantly why now?

IP Logged

countzero
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 12/21/17 at 11:14:11
Print Post  
Aliens are why I lost the election - HC  Grin

Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers and it is the duty as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian Nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers.~John Jay
Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?~ Patrick Henry

IP Logged

muffin
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 12/21/17 at 11:26:51
Print Post  
.....I had an encounter with someone who I truly believe experienced a UFO incident.  In the early 80's, I was riding as an observer with the Miami-Dade police department (west district), just before evening shift change time a call went out regarding a woman and child who were running in the roadway in a remote area of US27......another unit brought them into the station, and in Spanish (they spoke no English) the woman who was hysterical related that they were in the area gathering fire wood with her husband and child, all of a sudden a bright light descended down upon them, and when it dimmed her husband had vanished.  Within a few minutes, another call came into dispatch regarding a man running around in the roadway in a remote area on US41 (Tamiami Trail) which is at least 15-20 miles away in a totally different direction. A unit was dispatched, and the man was brought into the station.  He was extremely upset, and related (in Spanish) that after seeing the light descending upon him, everything else went blank, next thing he knew he was running around in the roadway.  What was really
convincing was that  several red marks were evenly spaced across his forehead.  A report was made, and to this day I don't believe these people were faking it.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 12/21/17 at 11:51:27
Print Post  
|Glitch| wrote on 12/21/17 at 09:54:44:
I am willing to take him at his word that he saw something that he could not explain.  If we live long enough eventually we will all see things that we cannot immediately explain.

What I cannot understand is why some of us immediately turn to an extraterrestrial source for an explanation.  An "Unidentified Flying Object" is just that.  It in no way implies that it is from an extraterrestrial origin.

Anyone who believes extraterrestrial beings have come to visit Earth is demonstrating their piss poor education.  Since everyone with a basic grasp of physics comprehends that nothing with mass can reach or exceed the speed of light.  Which means they are implying that aliens traveled for tens of thousands of years and trillions of miles to visit our little world in the middle of nowhere.  Boy, now that is hubris.   Grin

I wish you would stop telling us that we are stupid and you are the only smart one in the crowd..............If you only knew.

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 12/21/17 at 11:51:29
Print Post  
I re-initiate; given the advancement in our technology I witness today, and being a technologist myself, why would an alien mark a human body while testing or whatever (maybe they are just horny old aliens)?  Maybe I just see things from a very simple, and scientific, way – but so much of the UFO hype just does not make sense, even considering an alien would be far more advanced than my brain is capable of comprehending.

The problem is often made difficult to discuss because us skeptics are accused of calling those believers as liars when that is not the case. It is so easy to be taken in that manner when it is never the case, and there are many things about human perception we do not know about yet.

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #8 - 12/21/17 at 12:06:05
Print Post  
I remember in my old engineering and computer science classes we studied technology physiology” or something like “engineering physiology” and one discussion was how to explain non-linearity.  In the earlier computer programming it was very difficult to design short non-linear curve tables or program variable curve tables.  This was due to the limited memory spade and timing; core memories were very expensive and then CPU’s were very slow, so one had to use stuff efficiently. We discussed the UFO pneumonia as well, and much of it was interesting in that we attempted to avoid human behavior or philosophy as mush as possible in dealing with the subject.  Lively discussions pursued for sure, we usually ended up bogged down in simplicity and non-linear thought.

That was our thinking back then in  conceiving new methods to design digital computers.  Also, the battle between software and hardware designers was heated to say the least. Smiley

IP Logged

muffin
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #9 - 12/21/17 at 12:27:52
Print Post  
dustymars wrote on 12/21/17 at 12:06:05:
I remember in my old engineering and computer science classes we studied technology physiology” or something like “engineering physiology” and one discussion was how to explain non-linearity.  In the earlier computer programming it was very difficult to design short non-linear curve tables or program variable curve tables.  This was due to the limited memory spade and timing; core memories were very expensive and then CPU’s were very slow, so one had to use stuff efficiently. We discussed the UFO pneumonia as well, and much of it was interesting in that we attempted to avoid human behavior or philosophy as mush as possible in dealing with the subject.  Lively discussions pursued for sure, we usually ended up bogged down in simplicity and non-linear thought.

That was our thinking back then in  conceiving new methods to design digital computers.  Also, the battle between software and hardware designers was heated to say the least. Smiley

....so tell me dusty, how come we went to the moon several time with 'analog technology', and we cant seem to get out of earth's orbit with today's 'digital' crap.? Undecided

Tomorrow is promised to no one.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › UFO's and Stuff

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias