Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › UFO's and Stuff
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) UFO's and Stuff (Read 1,204 times)
bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: UFO's and Stuff
Reply #40 - 12/23/17 at 18:01:30
Print Post  
WAlt wrote on 12/23/17 at 09:43:01:
And then there are those people that believe those straight lines all over the place in Nazca, Peru, are runways that were used by ancient ET aliens!

Right! Aliens with technology for inter planetary, intra galaxy space travel in a vacuum -- and they would need a runway (for vehicle crafts dependent on air for lift) to land on!

I was wondering that even if we had the technology to travel near the speed of light, what would be the reasonable G-force acceleration a human could comfortably withstand to accelerate from 0 MPH to the speed of light -- and how long would it take  to reach such speed? I know the human body couldn't withstand too high a G force for too long a duration. I think a human would have to reach near speed of light speeds incrementally, accelerating for minutes, perhaps an hour -- then coast to let the body (heart, internal organs, etc.) stabilize -- then accelerate again, etc.

I figure acceleration at 1 G (32 feet/sec/sec) would be tolerable for a human (although maybe not for days or even hours).

At that rate of acceleration, how long would it take to reach near the speed of light? I guess I can figure it out on my cell phone calculator.

But in any event, I believe accelerating up to a near speed of light  terminal speed would be a big problem for the human body.

There is no G-Force if there is no gravity.  The guys in the space station or the shuttle just float, the are no G's

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #41 - 12/23/17 at 19:11:07
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 12/23/17 at 18:01:30:
There is no G-Force if there is no gravity.  The guys in the space station or the shuttle just float, the are no G's

The operative word is, "acceleration."  that is to say, G-force.

Ok article:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstellar_travel

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #42 - 12/23/17 at 19:21:17
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 12/23/17 at 18:01:30:

I'm talking about acceleration G forces -- not gravitational G forces.

When those guys shot off in a rocket to break the earth's gravitational pull they had to accelerate to around 25,000 MPH. As such, they experience higher G forces getting up to 25,000 MPH (once there and the rockets are off they no longer experience any gravitational or acceleration G forces).

But travel into deep space (to get anywhere, relatively speaking) would require a space ship to travel far more than 25,000 MPH; hence the acceleration period would go on and on for weeks or months, etc., to eventually get up to speeds approaching the speed of light.

How fast matter (spaceship, man, etc.) can approach the speed of light, I have no idea.

One thing I've learned with respect to getting anywhere in the universe (outside our solar system), even traveling at the speed of light (186,000 miles per second), would be traveling at a snail's pace.

The Milky Way Galaxy (the one we exist in) is estimated to be 100,000 light years across!

I've read there are between 100 billion and 200 billion galaxies in the observable universe. That should give one some perspective of just how vast the universe is -- and why I believe men on this earth will never even travel beyond our solar system-- unless we develop some kind of technology we could now only hope and dream of.

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #43 - 12/24/17 at 07:09:10
Print Post  
Here is just one article of HST's deep  space images revealing how large our universe may be.  http://hubblesite.org/news_release/news/1996-01

Seems like I read somewhere that it would take around a year using current propulsion technology accelerating at 1-G to reach 'C.'  Maybe old Carl Sagan wrote it.

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #44 - 12/24/17 at 08:10:34
Print Post  
dustymars wrote on 12/24/17 at 07:09:10:
Here is just one article of HST's deep  space images revealing how large our universe may be.  http://hubblesite.org/news_release/news/1996-01

Seems like I read somewhere that it would take around a year using current propulsion technology accelerating at 1-G to reach 'C.'  Maybe old Carl Sagan wrote it.

Well, after reading the linked article below, I'm now convinced man will never venture beyond our solar system. Propulsion energy alone will prevent it, not counting all the years (decades) isolated in a spaceship and all the logistics attendant to it.

In terms of the energy it would take to travel at speeds only 20% of the speed of light, note the paragraphs Required Energy and Feasibility.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstellar_travel

As such, I don't think earth has been visited by ET aliens. They would encounter the same problems we would.

Further, thinking about it now, how would life from a planet 100s of light years away even know we were here (and want to visit earth) when the first through-the-air radio wave transmissions only began in the 1880s. Even if such life on a planet 100 light years away from earth started recieving radio waves from us back in the 1980s, they wouldn't know what we were transmitting. And if life on that planet left to come here, even at the speed of light -- they would still be on their way here!

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #45 - 12/24/17 at 10:05:56
Print Post  
Back when I was more involved in Mars study discussions on traveling to the Red Planet were lively and from that I learned that the hazards of the journey are extreme.  Our Sun, yeah that glowing globe that dictates our existence, throws our energy and particles that are dangerous to human space travel.  The only real safe way is to shield the craft in lead or some new material yet invented than would shield us humans from all the Solar harmful stuff.  So, just getting there will not be easy in the least.

Unless we can engineer some faster system to get us there we are stuck with going and arriving on Mars a few weeks before we should have returned, so we would have to wait until the next window to return to Earth.   

Then staying there presents new dangers, not the least is the Sun and the local environment.  Just a little better than walking around on the ISS, Mars offers us with a slightly thicker atmosphere of mostly CO2 and a lot of dust.  Liquid water is not possible there due to the less than triple point conditions, and the purity of the H2O vapor, we will have to draw it from the subsurface then pressurize it. 

Space travel around our Solar System is difficult to say the least; but outer space is nearly impossible.   

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #46 - 12/24/17 at 10:43:24
Print Post  
dustymars wrote on 12/24/17 at 10:05:56:
Back when I was more involved in Mars study discussions on traveling to the Red Planet were lively and from that I learned that the hazards of the journey are extreme.  Our Sun, yeah that glowing globe that dictates our existence, throws our energy and particles that are dangerous to human space travel.  The only real safe way is to shield the craft in lead or some new material yet invented than would shield us humans from all the Solar harmful stuff.  So, just getting there will not be easy in the least.

Unless we can engineer some faster system to get us there we are stuck with going and arriving on Mars a few weeks before we should have returned, so we would have to wait until the next window to return to Earth.   

Then staying there presents new dangers, not the least is the Sun and the local environment.  Just a little better than walking around on the ISS, Mars offers us with a slightly thicker atmosphere of mostly CO2 and a lot of dust.  Liquid water is not possible there due to the less than triple point conditions, and the purity of the H2O vapor, we will have to draw it from the subsurface then pressurize it. 

Space travel around our Solar System is difficult to say the least; but outer space is nearly impossible.   

After what I've read (since this post string started), I do believe man will never venture beyond our solar system. Frankly, I believe Mars will be the only other planet man could possibly visit (the others are too hot, gaseous, or much too distant).

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #47 - 12/24/17 at 10:46:10
Print Post  
Walt, we could send Chuck-U and Nancy to Venus -- they let off a lot of steam Smiley

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #48 - 12/24/17 at 10:55:41
Print Post  
dustymars wrote on 12/24/17 at 10:46:10:
Walt, we could send Chuck-U and Nancy to Venus -- they let off a lot of steam Smiley

I would be all for that!

IP Logged

cj_real_american
CF Presidents Club

Smitty Kitty is my boss.

Reply #49 - 12/24/17 at 11:25:28
Print Post  
With all the reports pro and con, I can only say that I know others, like Byrdie, that have seen UFO's.  These people are very intelligent, and I believe they saw something, what--???

Maybe we, here on Earth, are not meant to know.  (??)  It's a big Universe out there, and maybe we are just to arrogant to think there may be life beyond us.  Even Science gets it wrong now and then.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › UFO's and Stuff

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias