Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › UFO's and Stuff
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) UFO's and Stuff (Read 2,173 times)
dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: UFO's and Stuff
Reply #50 - 12/24/17 at 11:55:03
Print Post  
I made a mistake by watching two recent so-called sci-fi movies, “Gravity” and “The Martian.”  Both moves list in credit advisors and/or experts that quite obviously were either not listened to or had no clue with the nature of our Universe.  Without pointing out the obvious in “Gravity” I will work on the latter when the very first scene demonstrated the lack of knowledge.  Mars has a surface gravity only about 38% of the surface gravity on Earth. So stuff weighs less there. 

The movie opens with a huge dust storm; with a huge wall of dust falling down off a high mountain, crater rim or side of a valley. Hum, since the dust storm occurs within a warmer than surrounding atmosphere then the dust is warmer and would not fall but will rise! (basic meteorology). Well, dust storms on Mars start in low places, such as the NW Hellas and rise over the western crater rim or mountains and then flow into the desert regions or plains. 

Then the movie shows sand blowing down hard objects or the living quarters and communication dishes, with attaching steel cables that eventually hit and penetrate the space suit of “The Martian.”  Just the wind pressure necessary to life sand would require 400-500 MPH winds, but a comm. dish and steel cable would require much higher wind velocities; that will never occur on Mars.

That is just the first few fames of the movie, so quite obvious to even the casual observer, their advisers ware clueless.  One can imagine the errors in the remaining frames of that movie.  Guess it was entertaining but when will Hollyweed learn to at least demonstrate physics in the real world?  Even a 6th grader learns more about physics than Hollyweed.  Hint, hearing sound in space does not happen, but in all their movies the spaceships roaring by sounding like trains or jet planes on Earth.

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #51 - 12/24/17 at 12:02:40
Print Post  

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #52 - 12/24/17 at 12:02:53
Print Post  
cj_real_american wrote on 12/24/17 at 11:25:28:
With all the reports pro and con, I can only say that I know others, like Byrdie, that have seen UFO's.  These people are very intelligent, and I believe they saw something, what--???

Maybe we, here on Earth, are not meant to know.  (??)  It's a big Universe out there, and maybe we are just to arrogant to think there may be life beyond us.  Even Science gets it wrong now and then. 

If one follows the "climate change" gang, then I submit that their science gets is wrong most of the time.

IP Logged

cj_real_american
CF Presidents Club

Smitty Kitty is my boss.

Reply #53 - 12/24/17 at 12:06:21
Print Post  
dustymars wrote on 12/24/17 at 12:02:53:
If one follows the "climate change" gang, then I submit that their science gets is wrong most of the time. 

Smiley  I rest my case.  Wink

IP Logged

ZeWazir
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #54 - 12/24/17 at 13:11:25
Print Post  
dustymars wrote on 12/24/17 at 11:55:03:
I made a mistake by watching two recent so-called sci-fi movies, “Gravity” and “The Martian.”  Both moves list in credit advisors and/or experts that quite obviously were either not listened to or had no clue with the nature of our Universe.  Without pointing out the obvious in “Gravity” I will work on the latter when the very first scene demonstrated the lack of knowledge.  Mars has a surface gravity only about 38% of the surface gravity on Earth. So stuff weighs less there. 

The movie opens with a huge dust storm; with a huge wall of dust falling down off a high mountain, crater rim or side of a valley. Hum, since the dust storm occurs within a warmer than surrounding atmosphere then the dust is warmer and would not fall but will rise! (basic meteorology). Well, dust storms on Mars start in low places, such as the NW Hellas and rise over the western crater rim or mountains and then flow into the desert regions or plains. 

Then the movie shows sand blowing down hard objects or the living quarters and communication dishes, with attaching steel cables that eventually hit and penetrate the space suit of “The Martian.”  Just the wind pressure necessary to life sand would require 400-500 MPH winds, but a comm. dish and steel cable would require much higher wind velocities; that will never occur on Mars.

That is just the first few fames of the movie, so quite obvious to even the casual observer, their advisers ware clueless.  One can imagine the errors in the remaining frames of that movie.  Guess it was entertaining but when will Hollyweed learn to at least demonstrate physics in the real world?  Even a 6th grader learns more about physics than Hollyweed.  Hint, hearing sound in space does not happen, but in all their movies the spaceships roaring by sounding like trains or jet planes on Earth.

To be fair, you are assuming the director and FX people actually paid attention to their advisors when writing/filming/editing the various scenes that fly in the face of real science. I doubt there is a director out there who would forgo the excitement available to a scene the completely ignores the laws of physics, in order to make it more realistic.

And it's not just science. How many war movies are there out there where characters on both sides of the conflict have weapons with 100,000 round box magazines? Grin

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #55 - 12/24/17 at 15:09:35
Print Post  
I realize their dilemma trying to excite and entertain, ZeWazir, but it is just my perspective and when the very first frames of a movie makes my head explode then they failed to do both.  The problem is there is much excitement and entertainment in just the real venture to Mars, if they wanted to be creative.  Same with war; just pipe in some war smells Smiley

IP Logged

ZeWazir
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #56 - 12/24/17 at 18:01:01
Print Post  
dustymars wrote on 12/24/17 at 15:09:35:
I realize their dilemma trying to excite and entertain, ZeWazir, but it is just my perspective and when the very first frames of a movie makes my head explode then they failed to do both.  The problem is there is much excitement and entertainment in just the real venture to Mars, if they wanted to be creative.  Same with war; just pipe in some war smells Smiley

Yeah, there have been some that cause me to react with "REALLY?!?" and stop watching. "Gravity" had one such scene, (when George Clooney's "momentum" kept pulling him away from the station, even though he'd come to a full stop for several minutes.) though I normally like Sandra Bullock.

I was just saying it's not necessarily ignorance on the part of the science consultants.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #57 - 12/25/17 at 06:25:05
Print Post  
dustymars wrote on 12/24/17 at 11:55:03:

I would not blame the Experts but would bet the Director had final say on what is in the movie.  If the fiction view point is more exciting, that is what goes in the movie.

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #58 - 12/25/17 at 10:00:32
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 12/25/17 at 06:25:05:
I would not blame the Experts but would bet the Director had final say on what is in the movie.  If the fiction view point is more exciting, that is what goes in the movie.

"expert" is a former drip under pressure Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › UFO's and Stuff

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias