Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › 2018 Midterms going to be tough....
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 2018 Midterms going to be tough.... (Read 2,900 times)
Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk Is Cheep

Re: 2018 Midterms going to be tough....
Reply #40 - 12/28/17 at 10:53:35
Print Post  
Newt Gingrich: Get ready for the great political surprise of 2018

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/12/28/newt-gingrich-get-ready-for-great-poli...

If You're Here To Teach, Then You've Much To Learn

IP Logged

countzero
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #41 - 12/28/17 at 11:38:57
Print Post  
Nyte_Byrd wrote on 12/28/17 at 10:53:35:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/12/28/newt-gingrich-get-ready-for-great-poli...

#MAGA Cheesy

Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers and it is the duty as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian Nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers.~John Jay
Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?~ Patrick Henry

IP Logged

newt2008
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #42 - 12/28/17 at 11:46:52
Print Post  
Nyte_Byrd wrote on 12/28/17 at 10:53:35:

"As I listened to the end of the year "analysts," I was struck by how little they know, how little they have questioned their own mistakes, and how mutually reinforcing their false information has been".

Mr. Newt be right.  Then again, how could my namesake be wrong.....

The very fake news hysterical drive by media and their demonrat cabal are lyin to themselves again. Unfortunately many republicans will believe the crap.

Ms. Borelli

"Within the pages of the Bible are the answers to all the problems men face.
"Facts are stubborn things.
"[Conservatives] believe everyday is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe everyday is April 15th.
"We cannot play innocents abroad in a world that is not innocent.
"People who are pro abortion are already born.
"The problem with liberals is not that they are ignorant, the problem is they know so much that is not so.
Ronald Reagan

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #43 - 12/28/17 at 16:08:09
Print Post  
TimR wrote on 12/27/17 at 20:29:21:
I believe the control of the House will depend on how well the recent tax bill is received.

It's probably going to be appreciated much more in red states than blue states, and there are a lot of vulnerable seats in blue states.  Check out the white and pink districts on this map:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cook_Partisan_Voting_Index#/media/File:CPVI_for_11...

I think the R's will win red states no problem. They will lose NY, CALIFORNIA, NJ, and the High property tax areas because they will be capped at $10,000.00 for real estate taxes then the mortgage int. of what $750,000.00. Most red states are lower taxed and housing so they will gain biggly.

Where's my RECIPROCITY???????
Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"
They Repealed My II Amendment I had No Guns
They Disregarded My V Amendment I Was Innocent
They Violated My IV Amendment I Had Nothing To Hide
They Repealed My I Amendment "I COULD SAY NOTHING"

IP Logged

TimR
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #44 - 12/28/17 at 20:39:35
Print Post  
The Stranger wrote on 12/28/17 at 16:08:09:
I think the R's will win red states no problem. They will lose NY, CALIFORNIA, NJ, and the High property tax areas because they will be capped at $10,000.00 for real estate taxes then the mortgage int. of what $750,000.00. Most red states are lower taxed and housing so they will gain biggly

I tend to think the map favors Rs overall.  They would have to lose 22 seats to lose the majority.  The only concerning thing is that in CA, NY, and NJ there are a total of 19 R seats that are competitive.  So the House is very much in play.

IP Logged

redgirlinbluestate
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #45 - 12/28/17 at 21:36:37
Print Post  
My concern is voter turnout.  Let's face facts here:  Trump is hated, HATED, by the liberals.  That drives people to the voting booths.  That is what really sunk Moore in Alabama.  Republican voters are happy enough, complacent enough to not worry about seeking new voters.  Everything I read shows that each month there are more Dems registering than Repubs.  Do I believe everyone registering is legally able to vote?  Heck no, but there are no safety measures across the states to ensure only those qualified to vote do so. 

It's hard to remain optimistic when I hear the hatred every day.  Yes, I live in a blue state but as well as the country is doing economically, in the defense dept., etc., there are still millions who hope he is impeached and give him zero credit.  He seems to be more hated a year in than on election day. Initially when Trump won and the crazies were protesting and marching, I figured they'd lose interest and we'd get back to normal but that doesn't seem to be happening.    I'm close to DC and we never go into the city on weekends because there is always some kind of demonstration going on....

IP Logged

MoGal
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #46 - 12/29/17 at 00:42:46
Print Post  
The only thing the Democrats have going for them is that they are not Trump. They don't seem to have an agenda, except resist, they don't seem to have ideas, and they don't seem to be raising money at the rate the Republicans are.  That said, as someone else said, voter turnout is the key, and I hope the Rs on the local levels are busy working on this.  I listen to the Ds on the telly and they don't have a single thing to say except bash Trump. If they have a platform, they're not telling anybody and if any of them have an original thought they can't seem to spit it out.

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #47 - 12/29/17 at 07:43:58
Print Post  
TimR wrote on 12/28/17 at 20:39:35:
I tend to think the map favors Rs overall.  They would have to lose 22 seats to lose the majority.  The only concerning thing is that in CA, NY, and NJ there are a total of 19 R seats that are competitive.  So the House is very much in play.

You think the hypocritical libs would like the idea of paying their fair share since they ALL VOTED against the tax bill. If your property taxes are more than $10,000.00 you're not exactly poor, or if your mortgage is $750,000.00 again you're not poor.

Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"

IP Logged

DEW
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #48 - 12/29/17 at 09:08:05
Print Post  
The Stranger wrote on 12/29/17 at 07:43:58:
You think the hypocritical libs would like the idea of paying their fair share since they ALL VOTED against the tax bill. If your property taxes are more than $10,000.00 you're not exactly poor, or if your mortgage is $750,000.00 again you're not poor. 

There may be many that pay more than $10K that have several others they help. Some get lower cost in rentals, some are family that can no longer work (may be white so no Gov. help even tho need it), etc. etc.
A lot of Americans still help each other but get no help from uncle sam.  The small deductions for local taxes would be a small help fo them.

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #49 - 12/29/17 at 10:13:52
Print Post  
DEW wrote on 12/29/17 at 09:08:05:
There may be many that pay more than $10K that have several others they help. Some get lower cost in rentals, some are family that can no longer work (may be white so no Gov. help even tho need it), etc. etc.
A lot of Americans still help each other but get no help from uncle sam.  The small deductions for local taxes would be a small help fo them.

$10,000.00 isn't small and it was on your primary home anyway wasn't it? If you're property taxes are more than that you have a nice home and make OK money.
Second Trump or the R's wouldn't win seats in most of these areas anyway. NJ is now a suburb of NY, NY city Kalifornia and the like anyway.

I was a survivor of NJ. When my taxes hit 8 thousand 15-16 yrs ago I downsized, when the small home taxes hit 4 thousand I left the NY suburb. My taxes here are less then $400.00 per yr. on 4 acres with a huge barn and 1400 sq ft ranch on the side of a mountain. Sometime we have to make tough choices.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › 2018 Midterms going to be tough....

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias