Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Did the Music City Bowl Ref's bet on Northwestern?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Did the Music City Bowl Ref's bet on Northwestern? (Read 437 times)
Marine 13
Senior CF Member

Semper Fi!!

Did the Music City Bowl Ref's bet on Northwestern?
12/29/17 at 19:56:00
Print Post  
In every game there are calls/no calls that you will disagree with.  Ref's are human, and many calls/no calls have to be made quickly.  But every once in a while, a Ref makes a call that is so blatantly biased that you have to ask if the ref's have a stake in the game.

In the Music City Bowl you have Northwestern playing Kentucky.  Towards the end of the first quarter, A Northwestern player's forward momentum had been stopped, and the ref's blew the whistle.  But the Kentucky player continued to drive the player to the ground.  Unsportmanlike Conduct 15 yards added to the end of the play.  It was a good call.  In the second quarter, the situation was reversed.  Kentucky's running back took the hand off, and was going to run around right end of the line.  He was met by several Northwestern players, and he ended stepping out of bounds one yard shy of the line of scrimmage.  This time several northwestern players did not heed the whistles, and drove the running back to the ground.  This time no flag.  What happened next moved this from merely being a questionable no call to a question of how much the head ref bet on Northwestern.  Benny Snell Jr. could not believe that there had not been a flag.  The head ref then added insult to injury by trying to grab Snell's shoulder pads to help him up.  Snell did not want his help, so he pushed the ref's hands away.  The head ref then threw a flag.  Unsportman like contact 15 yards, and Snell was ejected from the game.  Why?  He made contact with the ref.  It did not matter that the ref initiated the contact.

Benny Snell Jr accounted for 33% of Kentucky's offense this year.  For him to be lost early in the second quarter was an injury for Kentucky.  For him to be lost due to a bone-headed call by the head ref was an insult.  To make it worse, he refused Kentucky's coach call for an explanation.  If I was Kentucky, I would make sure to protest the game.

For the record:  I am not a fan of Kentucky. I am a Georgia fan.....GO DOGS!!! 

No left turn on Red, White and Blue!!!

Once a Marine, always a Marine!!!

IP Logged

Marine 13
Senior CF Member

Semper Fi!!

Re: Did the Music City Bowl Ref's bet on Northwestern?
Reply #1 - 12/30/17 at 00:32:49
Print Post  
Update:  Kentucky lost the game 24 to 23.  I think Kentucky could easily make the point that losing their number one offensive weapon early in the second quarter cost them the game.  To lose that player to a frivolous call is completely irresponsible on the part of the officials.

No left turn on Red, White and Blue!!!

Once a Marine, always a Marine!!!

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 12/30/17 at 00:53:11
Print Post  
As long as there are sports, calls by referees will always be disputed!

Lily003   Shocked

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 12/30/17 at 06:29:58
Print Post  
The PAC has refs with questionable calls all the time.  Another bad conference is the Big 12-2.  Their refs have bigger chips on their shoulders than the fans.  I have been suspicious of game officials betting on the games for years.  It is especially obvious something is wrong when the bowl season starts.  Bowl games are officiated by refs from a neutral conference so as to remove bias.  Isn't that a joke if they are betting?  This PAC-12 crew that was officiating the Northwestern/Kentucky Bowl game, they should be fired and barred from officiating even if they weren't gambling! Angry

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away."
"Gun control is one shot, one kill!"

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 12/30/17 at 06:31:36
Print Post  
Marine 13 wrote on 12/29/17 at 19:56:00:
For the record:  I am not a fan of Kentucky. I am a Georgia fan.....GO DOGS!!! 

I'm pulling for you guys to kick that poor sport Mayfield's butt!  He's a stain on the game!  Geaux Dawgs!

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 12/30/17 at 08:45:04
Print Post  
I have spewed about this many times. These refs are no longer weekend warriors working as gym coaches in the local school system. they make way into the 6 figures both pro and college.
Once they became part of the game after the last strike and get paid large sums of money they will be part of the outcome.
I watched very little NFL this yr, maybe a total of one game and it was while visiting over the holidays. There are really bad calls every game even with the replay. Which is why I gave up on football years ago.

Where's my RECIPROCITY???????
Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"
They Repealed My II Amendment I had No Guns
They Disregarded My V Amendment I Was Innocent
They Violated My IV Amendment I Had Nothing To Hide
They Repealed My I Amendment "I COULD SAY NOTHING"

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 12/30/17 at 09:41:54
Print Post  
The Stranger wrote on 12/30/17 at 08:45:04:
I have spewed about this many times. These refs are no longer weekend warriors working as gym coaches in the local school system. they make way into the 6 figures both pro and college.
Once they became part of the game after the last strike and get paid large sums of money they will be part of the outcome.
I watched very little NFL this yr, maybe a total of one game and it was while visiting over the holidays. There are really bad calls every game even with the replay. Which is why I gave up on football years ago.

Sorry, not in college they don't.  It's more like low 5 figures for the highest paid college refs.

https://www.quora.com/How-much-do-NCAA-football-referees-make

IP Logged

darroll
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 12/30/17 at 14:04:16
Print Post  
Impartial, I don't think they know the meaning.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #8 - 12/30/17 at 19:09:39
Print Post  
UCAV wrote on 12/30/17 at 09:41:54:
Sorry, not in college they don't.  It's more like low 5 figures for the highest paid college refs.

That is correct.  They do not make a lot.

"Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly called Division 1) officials earn compensation based on their experience and game "importance." Rookie officials, as you might expect, make the least whereas veterans make the most. They do not earn salaries; instead, they are paid per game. The top football conferences, including the Southeastern Conference, pay their officials the highest compensation in the FBS. In the SEC, football officials are typically paid between $800 and $2,200 per game."
https://www.sapling.com/12101279/sec-football-referees-salary

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Did the Music City Bowl Ref's bet on Northwestern?

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias