Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Differences between Conservatives and Libertarians
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Differences between Conservatives and Libertarians (Read 1,252 times)
dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Differences between Conservatives and Libertarians
Reply #30 - 01/02/18 at 08:10:02
Print Post  
mahdo1 wrote on 01/01/18 at 22:55:51:
We may not embrace them but we sure shouldn't stop someone else from it.  As a true conservative I live for the premis of Life! Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.  Too many so called conservatives ignore this.  I'm not concerned if someone is gay, or if they want three wives.  To each their own.  That is their LL&H.  A conservative must understand that first and foremost ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL.  When we start segregating we start ignoring this self evident truth.  Rand, Buckley, and Reagan had it right.   

I agree with your premise to some extent and frankly could care less what people do as long as they don’t hurt us or their private lifestyle does not interfere with my lifestyle or health.  Our Constitution defines our rights, but does not describe how we shall exercise those rights.  I draw the line when people force their views on me or mine, especially when they refuse to understand that I may not share their views.  We have constitutionally designated branches of government that are responsible to uphold those rights; not a bunch of political hacks or identity types whose narrow views conflict with our rights. 
« Last Edit: 01/02/18 at 16:03:12 by dustymars »  
IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #31 - 01/02/18 at 08:28:18
Print Post  
WMK wrote on 01/01/18 at 22:05:12:
The greatest divergence between conservatives and libertarians always came in the social realm. And it is for this reason I cannot call myself a “libertarian” in good conscience.
Conservatism in our society adheres to a discipline that supports a high moral standard reflecting the Judeo Christian ethic. This is accomplished through laws and enforced by local/state government(s) voted in by “the people.”  Moreover, these “laws” do not run counter to, or contradict, the supreme law of the land - U.S. Constitution.
All that said, social conservatives of today are viewed as pariahs by all major political parties in America today. They are like a flickering flame that is in the process of being extinquished.

So, while Republicans, Democrats and Libertarians can differ like night and day, each one of them would eventually evolve into a form of “controlling government” if they’re absent faith-based institutions that teach and inspire high moral values

My sentiments as well; I may not agree with some of the libertarian social ideas I never the less respect their right to think “liberal” but not to get in my face about it.  While I haven’t been to church in decades I certainly believe that our constitution was founded on Judeo Christian ethics and for that reason are based in sound principles.  As you say, “social conservatives of today are viewed as pariahs by all major political parties in America today,” and that is because those parties have forgotten what our principles mean and what the Constitution says.

IP Logged

WMK
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #32 - 01/02/18 at 19:00:23
Print Post  
dustymars wrote on 01/02/18 at 08:28:18:
My sentiments as well; I may not agree with some of the libertarian social ideas I never the less respect their right to think “liberal” but not to get in my face about it.  While I haven’t been to church in decades I certainly believe that our constitution was founded on Judeo Christian ethics and for that reason are based in sound principles.  As you say, “social conservatives of today are viewed as pariahs by all major political parties in America today,” and that is because those parties have forgotten what our principles mean and what the Constitution says. 

George Washington was man of immense character. He could have had it all - unchallenged political power, untold riches...for as long as he wanted. But because Washington served a higher purpose he led his country with honor, wisdom and humility.
Washington’s farewell speech exemplified just how prescient he was about the pitfalls of political alliances ... that eventually they take precedence over what’s right for country.    

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #33 - 01/02/18 at 19:39:46
Print Post  
WMK wrote on 01/02/18 at 19:00:23:
George Washington was man of immense character. He could have had it all - unchallenged political power, untold riches...for as long as he wanted. But because Washington served a higher purpose he led his country with honor, wisdom and humility.
Washington’s farewell speech exemplified just how prescient he was about the pitfalls of political alliances ... that eventually they take precedence over what’s right for country.    

Like I say, it ain't all that hard to do the right thing(s).  Maybe I am just lazy and find doing it right easier than trying to justify doing the wrong things. Like lying; it is a never ending saga.

It is said that liberal take the easy way; but I fond that doing right draws less attention.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Differences between Conservatives and Libertarians

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias