Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › $5000 a week for life.....
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) $5000 a week for life..... (Read 2,789 times)
WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: $5000 a week for life.....
Reply #20 - 01/05/18 at 21:57:37
Print Post  
newt2008 wrote on 01/05/18 at 21:35:16:
Walt you sound like my hubby😂😂😂😂

That commercial would come on (again) and I would go off. My wife would say, now what's wrong?!!!

Another commercial I just can't abide any more is the My Pillow commercial. They really cranked that commercial up over the holidays. And that commercial is another one for gullible, naive  people. People who actually believe they are getting a second pillow for free! Two for the price of one.

Baloney! The cost of the free second pillow is built into the first pillow. Businesses aren't in business to give away stuff for free.

That indicates to me that a single My Pillow is overpriced (when you get a second one for free). I say that as, you would never see a commercial of a car dealership offering to give you a second car for free if you bought the first car (at regular price).

IP Logged

Fishman
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #21 - 01/06/18 at 00:04:03
Print Post  
newt2008 wrote on 01/04/18 at 20:16:27:
I once won 5 million dollars but they needed $49.95 to “process my winnings”. So I told the very friendly lady that I do not have $49.95 but they can take it from my winnings. I won’t mind one bit. But she said they “could not” do that. So I said no really, if you send me $4,999,950.05 I promise I will not make a fuss. The darndest thing happened. She hung up on me.  I still haven’t figured out why Undecided Undecided Undecided

Boy I coulda use that $4,999,950.05....

Ms. Borelli

I would have let them keep their $4,999,950.05 if they would have sent me the $49.95. I'm a very giving kind of person ya know... Wink

IP Logged

SueAnn
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #22 - 01/06/18 at 03:12:59
Print Post  
I am one of the idiots who sought back pain relief with My Pillow.  They are awful, not much better than the $5 pillows I bought at Walmart.

IP Logged

SueAnn
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #23 - 01/06/18 at 03:16:34
Print Post  
I bought Omaha meat from QVC.  Their hamburgers are FABULOUS.  Angus beef is unbelievably better than the stuff I buy at the grocery store.  Never tried any of their steaks.

I stopped ordering their burgers when Angus Beef became available at my grocery store.

IP Logged

Agman
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #24 - 01/06/18 at 06:18:45
Print Post  
SueAnn wrote on 01/06/18 at 03:16:34:
I bought Omaha meat from QVC.  Their hamburgers are FABULOUS.  Angus beef is unbelievably better than the stuff I buy at the grocery store.  Never tried any of their steaks.

I stopped ordering their burgers when Angus Beef became available at my grocery store. 

Thanks, SueAnn.  My wife and I became registered Angus cattle ranchers 14 years ago when we retired and there is a very distinct difference between regular beef and Angus beef.  Our Mama Cows are like members of the family.  They are gentle, hardy, able to withstand the extreme weather conditions, and serve as fantastic mothers to their calves.  And, from a safety standpoint, they don't have horns.

Dirt bike riding....a sure fire way to relieve cattle ranch burnout!

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #25 - 01/06/18 at 07:09:49
Print Post  
oldcoot wrote on 01/05/18 at 20:50:59:
Heh, heh, heh!  I can't explain the overwhelming sympathy I feel for all you suckers!  You must have been born in a barn!  You were behind the door when the brains were passed out!  Ha, ha, ha!

(Say, honey!  You DID mail that last PCH notice, didn't you?  Remember, they've practically PROMISED I'd win the prize THIS time!  Just think, MILLIONAIRES by the end of Feb.!)

PCH isn't a scam.  Some one does win and it is free.  Nothing wrong with that.  In self-defense I feel I need to say, I don't play it.   Smiley == I do spend my $4 a week on the Lottery though.  I have played the same numbers for 20 years.  If I stop now, I just know my numbers will come up.

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #26 - 01/06/18 at 08:09:59
Print Post  
SueAnn wrote on 01/06/18 at 03:12:59:
I am one of the idiots who sought back pain relief with My Pillow.  They are awful, not much better than the $5 pillows I bought at Walmart. 

I won't call you an idiot for buying My Pillow. I understand the importance of a good pillow(s), and I don't blame one for buying a My Pillow in hopes of finally getting some relief.

If I really thought My Pillow would make my sleeping more comfortable, I would by one. My complaint, as I already stated, is for the company to try and make me believe I'm getting a second My Pillow for free -- plus "free" shipping to boot!

So many companies use this same advertising ploy when they market their products on TV.

The second item and so called "free" shipping is just built into the price -- and not listed as a separate cost.

Now I'm seeing TV advertisments saying buy one, get a second one free -- just pay a separate fee!

Fee? If the second item is free, why would one need to pay a separate fee?

They used to say: But wait! Get a second item free, just pay an additional shipping charge (which they never tell you how much the extra shipping charge is).

I contend for small relatively inexpensive items -- the separate shipping charge probably covers the cost of the second item -- and both items can probably shipped at the same cost as one item.

The bottom line for me is, don't try to BS and dupe me with phony advertising, trying to make me think I'm getting something for nothing, as that's a surefire way to turn me off to the product being sold.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #27 - 01/06/18 at 08:16:27
Print Post  
WAlt wrote on 01/06/18 at 08:09:59:
So many companies use this same advertising ploy when they market their products on TV.

The second item and so called "free" shipping is just built into the price -- and not listed as a separate cost.

Now I'm seeing TV advertisments saying buy one, get a second one free -- just pay a separate fee!

I have seen that.  I have always assumed they meant "pay the same fee as what you paid for the first item".  Is that the scam?

IP Logged

muffin
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #28 - 01/06/18 at 08:23:55
Print Post  

Tomorrow is promised to no one.

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #29 - 01/06/18 at 08:36:22
Print Post  
               Shipping fees is a sore spot with me. I order something from 9 miles away and it ships clear across the country.. IE::::::::::::: wally world........ They can't afford a warehouse in every state?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › $5000 a week for life.....

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias