Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › $5000 a week for life.....
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) $5000 a week for life..... (Read 1,179 times)
SueAnn
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: $5000 a week for life.....
Reply #40 - 01/12/18 at 23:54:49
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 01/06/18 at 07:09:49:
I have played the same numbers for 20 years.  If I stop now, I just know my numbers will come up.

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

SueAnn
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #41 - 01/13/18 at 00:04:11
Print Post  
WAlt wrote on 01/06/18 at 08:09:59:
The bottom line for me is, don't try to BS and dupe me with phony advertising, trying to make me think I'm getting something for nothing, as that's a surefire way to turn me off to the product being sold.

I know how you feel.   I had a nice sized business on Ebay years ago before Meg Whitman became CEO of Ebay and changed the company to eliminate millions of small time sellers like I was. 

Some sellers there would create auctions with tiny opening bids that legitimate sellers could not compete with.  BUT their shipping costs were so grossly inflated the naive bidders thought they were getting a real bargain and would not learn that they had been ripped off until the auction was over and they were invoiced with the cost of the auction bid PLUS the shipping and handling charges.  Something that should have cost $7.00  to ship would suddenly cost $45.00 to ship.

I used to get lovely thank you letters from bidders because I only added $.50 onto the actual cost of shipping.

IP Logged

SueAnn
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #42 - 01/13/18 at 00:05:12
Print Post  
mahdo1 wrote on 01/07/18 at 00:44:20:
I know a lot of people that have won the Nigerian lottery.  Some more than once.

Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #43 - 01/13/18 at 07:40:51
Print Post  
SueAnn wrote on 01/13/18 at 00:04:11:
I used to get lovely thank you letters from bidders because I only added $.50 onto the actual cost of shipping.

A few years ago I bought some aquarium supplies from a lady on Ebay.  After a few transactions I started buying directly from her to save us both money from the Ebay Charges.

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #44 - 01/13/18 at 07:59:15
Print Post  
newt2008 wrote on 01/12/18 at 23:35:57:
Oh dear!!! Don't get me started on the "buy one, get one free or buy one, get the second for half off".  Of course I always ask "can I go ahead and just take the "free" one?" Then when they flash me the dirty look I say quite sweetly "then the second one isn't free, is it?" Cool

Ms. Borelli

The advertising ploys have no end. Just they other day I was listening to an add for pickup trucks, and one could get up to more than $10K in savings on select models.

Baloney! All that's happening here is knocking off money from inflated manufacturer suggested retail prices and also dealer installed options that are inordinately over priced. It's just paper savings, not real savings.

I remember back in 1986 I bought a mini pickup truck. A particular truck dealer ran a newspaper ad saying how much the truck would cost -- off the manufacturer's suggested price.

I thought it was a good deal so my wife and I drove over to this dealer. When we got there I noticed every damn truck on the lot had an additional dealer window price sticker next to the factory sticker.

What the dealer did was take every truck and added small accessory items to it like pin striping, mud flaps, door edge guards, scotch guard on the fabric seats. All these items added up to $750 over the newspaper advertised price. Mind you, this was 32 years ago when $750 was worth far more.

I told the dealer, what is this BS? He said we do it with all our trucks. I told him no way was I going to pay $750 for items I could buy (from my local auto parts store, like Pep Boys, Auto Zone, Advance Auto, etc.) for about $25 and install them myself.

The salesman said well, how about if we split the difference? I told him to cram his trucks, and my wife and I left and went to another dealer that didn't play such silly games. The salesman's offer to cut the cost of the accessory items by 50% right off the bat proved to me that the items were overpriced -- and that the dealer was playing games.

And, BTW, we wound up getting the truck we wanted at a lower price off the factory sticker than the other dealer had originally advertised.

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #45 - 01/13/18 at 08:16:50
Print Post  
SueAnn wrote on 01/13/18 at 00:04:11:
I know how you feel.   I had a nice sized business on Ebay years ago before Meg Whitman became CEO of Ebay and changed the company to eliminate millions of small time sellers like I was. 

Some sellers there would create auctions with tiny opening bids that legitimate sellers could not compete with.  BUT their shipping costs were so grossly inflated the naive bidders thought they were getting a real bargain and would not learn that they had been ripped off until the auction was over and they were invoiced with the cost of the auction bid PLUS the shipping and handling charges.  Something that should have cost $7.00  to ship would suddenly cost $45.00 to ship.

That reminds me of a record club I joined back in the early 1970s. It was advertised that for $1.00 I could get 10 record albums (from a select list), then buy "x" amount of record albums at "regular" club prices for a year or two (can't remember exactly).

Well, I sent them $1.00. I immediately got a reply that, due to heavy demand, they couldn't send me all the records I requested, but would have to back order them and sent them once their stock was replenished.

Well, they started sending me one album at a time (of the 10 I paid $1.00 for). The postage for each album was outrageous. Sending them piecemeal rather than all at once, was very expensive for me, to the point that, in essence, there wasn't any savings (I may as well have gone to the local record store and bought them).

Anyway, I told them since that is how they operate I felt no obligation to honor my commitment to further buy records at their regular club prices. I think that record club went belly up after a few years.

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #46 - 01/16/18 at 16:16:13
Print Post  

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #47 - 01/16/18 at 20:06:34
Print Post  
WAlt wrote on 01/13/18 at 08:16:50:
That reminds me of a record club I joined back in the early 1970s. It was advertised that for $1.00 I could get 10 record albums (from a select list), then buy "x" amount of record albums at "regular" club prices for a year or two (can't remember exactly).

Well, I sent them $1.00. I immediately got a reply that, due to heavy demand, they couldn't send me all the records I requested, but would have to back order them and sent them once their stock was replenished.

Well, they started sending me one album at a time (of the 10 I paid $1.00 for). The postage for each album was outrageous. Sending them piecemeal rather than all at once, was very expensive for me, to the point that, in essence, there wasn't any savings (I may as well have gone to the local record store and bought them).

Anyway, I told them since that is how they operate I felt no obligation to honor my commitment to further buy records at their regular club prices. I think that record club went belly up after a few years.

Was that the Columbia Record Club?  I was in it.  We are Alumni Smiley

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #48 - 01/16/18 at 20:33:37
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 01/16/18 at 20:06:34:
Was that the Columbia Record Club?  I was in it.  We are Alumni Smiley

No, the club I was with was Record Club of America. I joined the club around 1971-2 time period. They went belly up a few years later.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › $5000 a week for life.....

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias