Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Entitlement Kicks in Over Oregon Self-Service Gas Pumps
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Entitlement Kicks in Over Oregon Self-Service Gas Pumps (Read 1,072 times)
Marine 13
Senior CF Member

Semper Fi!!

Re: Entitlement Kicks in Over Oregon Self-Service Gas Pumps
Reply #10 - 01/09/18 at 09:26:35
Print Post  
I can remember the last time I went to a full service line at a service station.  It was with my first car.  I was heading to an overnight beach party in St. Augustine, FL.  I stopped at the Hess station in Orange Park, FL.  I had to use the rest room.  So, I went to the Full Service line.  Upon returning to my car, I paid the attendant, and left.  I was about 10 miles from my exit on I95, when the temperature idiot light came on.  I looked out the rear view mirror, and say smoke comming out of the back of the car.  I managed to get the car to the side of the road before the engine seized up.  When I opened the hood to see what had happened, I noticed that the radiator cap had not been put on right.  It is obvious that the attendant had checked the water, and failed to put the cap back on right.  I contacted the service station the next day, and they claimed that they were not responsible for their attendant's actions. 

That is the last time I let a stranger touch my car.

BTW, if pumping gas is a special skill then what about cooking dinner?  Do residents in Oregon and New Jersey eat nothing but meals cooked by professionals?  Affter all, cooking is also a special skill!!!

No left turn on Red, White and Blue!!!

Once a Marine, always a Marine!!!

IP Logged

darroll
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - 01/09/18 at 13:44:04
Print Post  
Marine 13 wrote on 01/09/18 at 09:26:35:
BTW, if pumping gas is a special skill then what about cooking dinner?  Do residents in Oregon and New Jersey eat nothing but meals cooked by professionals?  Affter all, cooking is also a special skill!!!
I hate to say it Buddy, allot of people around here don't know how to pump gas. We know how to skin a buck though.. Smiley

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #12 - 01/09/18 at 13:51:17
Print Post  
Wow, I haven't had anyone else pump gas in years!

I am not sure of any place that does it.

Lily003   Shocked

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 01/09/18 at 13:59:42
Print Post  
WAlt wrote on 01/09/18 at 08:42:27:
In my neck of the woods, all our gas stations are self-service (at convenience stores, not a regular gas station).

Frankly, I want to pump my own gas. I also fill numerous 5-gallon cans for the gas I use in all my lawn tractors, electrical generators, push mower, etc.  I don't need nor want some kid pumping gas for me.

Further, I like the convenience of just getting out of my vehicle, sliding my credit card in the pump slot, selecting the grade, then pumping my gas -- and not having to wait for a service attendant to come out and pump gas for my like it was decades ago.

Everywhere I know within a long way has no station attendants to pump gas.  It is all DIY. == Let me ask this question.  I just got a new car and it has a "Topless Gas Tank".  It only has a metal flap on hinges that you stick the gas nozzle in, no top.  There is a door to cover it from the weather on the outside of the car.  Does this seem like an invitation to have all kind of crap put in your tank?

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #14 - 01/09/18 at 14:05:36
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 01/09/18 at 13:59:42:
Everywhere I know within a long way has no station attendants to pump gas.  It is all DIY. == Let me ask this question.  I just got a new car and it has a "Topless Gas Tank".  It only has a metal flap on hinges that you stick the gas nozzle in, no top.  There is a door to cover it from the weather on the outside of the car.  Does this seem like an invitation to have all kind of crap put in your tank?

I hear you. Our newest SUV has the same kind of gas filler. Just a flip out door (no door release from inside the vehicle, and no gas cap), and you stick the pump hose nozzle in the fill tube.

I thought the same thing about a prankster sticking foreign material in the gas tank.

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 01/09/18 at 14:06:00
Print Post  
Gabriele wrote on 01/08/18 at 18:15:06:
I live in NJ. I don't want to pump my own gas either, especially in the rain or like today when it was -3. It's not entitlement. Someone gets paid for doing this for me. I don't want to take their job away. It's not like it would make the price of gas go down. Make it optional.

I was in NJ a few yrs ago and the idiot rag head every time the pump shut down stopped filling my tank. I had to drive around the pump three times to get a full tank. He pointed to a sign that read NJ statute about once pump is off no more gas.
I fill my tank to the TOP, not half or 3/4 of a tank. Ill rather do it my self.

https://jalopnik.com/getting-gas-in-new-jersey-is-unbelievably-annoying-17349559...

Where's my RECIPROCITY???????
Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"
They Repealed My II Amendment I had No Guns
They Disregarded My V Amendment I Was Innocent
They Violated My IV Amendment I Had Nothing To Hide
They Repealed My I Amendment "I COULD SAY NOTHING"

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #16 - 01/09/18 at 16:26:38
Print Post  
WAlt wrote on 01/09/18 at 14:05:36:
I hear you. Our newest SUV has the same kind of gas filler. Just a flip out door (no door release from inside the vehicle, and no gas cap), and you stick the pump hose nozzle in the fill tube.

I thought the same thing about a prankster sticking foreign material in the gas tank.

Thanks for the reply.

IP Logged

Gabriele
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #17 - 01/09/18 at 17:06:17
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 01/09/18 at 16:26:38:
Thanks for the reply. 

Ours has it too. Stupid. I asked the dealership if it was just another way to cut corners. He said everyone loses them. Really??

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - 01/09/18 at 17:16:02
Print Post  
Gabriele wrote on 01/09/18 at 17:06:17:
Ours has it too. Stupid. I asked the dealership if it was just another way to cut corners. He said everyone loses them. Really??

I would be happy if the outer door locked.  I will have to see if there is anyway to fix that.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #19 - 01/09/18 at 17:22:48
Print Post  
They do have locks for the cap less fuel tanks.  I will have to find one that fits mine.  Check this out.
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/ford-escape-locking-fuel-plug-p-140.html?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Entitlement Kicks in Over Oregon Self-Service Gas Pumps

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias