Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Entitlement Kicks in Over Oregon Self-Service Gas Pumps
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Entitlement Kicks in Over Oregon Self-Service Gas Pumps (Read 800 times)
Gabriele
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Entitlement Kicks in Over Oregon Self-Service Gas Pumps
Reply #20 - 01/09/18 at 17:35:43
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 01/09/18 at 17:22:48:
They do have locks for the cap less fuel tanks.  I will have to find one that fits mine.  Check this out.
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/ford-escape-locking-fuel-plug-p-140.html?

So I have to pay 20 bucks to Ford for what they should have put on originally? Bastards.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #21 - 01/09/18 at 17:42:03
Print Post  
Gabriele wrote on 01/09/18 at 17:35:43:
So I have to pay 20 bucks to Ford for what they should have put on originally? Bastards.

Easy Tiger.    Grin

IP Logged

Marine 13
Senior CF Member

Semper Fi!!

Reply #22 - 01/09/18 at 18:50:16
Print Post  
darroll wrote on 01/09/18 at 13:44:04:
I hate to say it Buddy, allot of people around here don't know how to pump gas. We know how to skin a buck though.. Smiley

Well then let me help them.

Steps for fueling your car:

1.  Turn your car off, and extinguish your cigerettes/cigars/joints.

2.  Exit your vehicle.

3.  Determine is the station is a prepay, or if the station's pumps will accept your debit/credit card allowing you to pay at the pump.  If it is a prepay station, you will have to go into the store to pay before you can pump the gas.  Remember to check which pump your actually at.  It could be a real problem if you tell them to put $20.00 on pump 3 and your really at pump 4.  (Note:  The beauty of prepay is that you can't run over.  The pump will automatically shut off at the purchaced amount.)

4.  After paying, return to your car, and remove the gas cap.  Then remove the nozzle from the pump, and place it into the hole that was exposed when you removed the gas cap.  (Note:  Unlike a simular biological function this action might reming you of, you only have to put the nozzle in once, and leave it there.  There is no need to put it in, and take it out repeatedly.)

5.  Some pumps will have you raise a lever to engage the pump.  Others will have you select the grade of gasoline you want to put into your car. 

6.  Next, you have to squeeze the trigger on the nozzle to begin the filling process.  Most nozzles have a lock that allow you to lock the trigger on.  This way you do not have to hold it the entire time.  When your tank gets full, the fuel will back up into the fill tube, and cause the trigger to click off.  Wait a couple of seconds for the fuel to drain into the tank, and then restart fueling.  If it again shuts off, then your tank is full.

7.  Put the gas cap back on.  Most gas caps are designed to only go on so tight.  You will know you have reached the desired tightness, when the cap starts clicking.  Most car manufactures recomend turning the cap until it clicks three times. 

8.  You can now return to your vehicles, and leave so that someone else can use the pump.

If, after reading these instructions, you still can't fuel your own vehicle, let me know.  I'll have Maxwell stop by with his silver hammer.

No left turn on Red, White and Blue!!!

Once a Marine, always a Marine!!!

IP Logged

darroll
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #23 - 01/09/18 at 18:59:03
Print Post  
Marine 13 wrote on 01/09/18 at 18:50:16:

2.  Exit your vehicle.

3.  Determine is the station is a prepay, or if the station's pumps will accept your debit/credit card allowing you to pay at the pump.  If it is a prepay station, you will have to go into the store to pay before you can pump the gas.  Remember to check which pump your actually at.  It could be a real problem if you tell them to put $20.00 on pump 3 and your really at pump 4.  (Note:  The beauty of prepay is that you can't run over.  The pump will automatically shut off at the purchaced amount.)

4.  After paying, return to your car, and remove the gas cap.  Then remove the nozzle from the pump, and place it into the hole that was exposed when you removed the gas cap.  (Note:  Unlike a simular biological function this action might reming you of, you only have to put the nozzle in once, and leave it there.  There is no need to put it in, and take it out repeatedly.)

5.  Some pumps will have you raise a lever to engage the pump.  Others will have you select the grade of gasoline you want to put into your car. 

6.  Next, you have to squeeze the trigger on the nozzle to begin the filling process.  Most nozzles have a lock that allow you to lock the trigger on.  This way you do not have to hold it the entire time.  When your tank gets full, the fuel will back up into the fill tube, and cause the trigger to click off.  Wait a couple of seconds for the fuel to drain into the tank, and then restart fueling.  If it again shuts off, then your tank is full.

7.  Put the gas cap back on.  Most gas caps are designed to only go on so tight.  You will know you have reached the desired tightness, when the cap starts clicking.  Most car manufactures recomend turning the cap until it clicks three times. 

8.  You can now return to your vehicles, and leave so that someone else can use the pump.

If, after reading these instructions, you still can't fuel your own vehicle, let me know.  I'll have Maxwell stop by with his silver hammer.
I'll have my wife read this..
One of our people went to another state. Stuck the hose in her tank and stood there for a half hour. Went to pay the bill and there was no money owed. Priceless.

IP Logged

ceelu
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #24 - 01/10/18 at 01:04:59
Print Post  
Marine 13 wrote on 01/09/18 at 18:50:16:

2.  Exit your vehicle.

Well call me an entitled elitist, but I have never pumped my own gas and I'm not interested in starting now at my age. And, this prepay idea is the most ridiculous thing ever invented! How the hell am I supposed to know how much fuel I will need ahead of time???? Unless the manufacturers want to start putting a gauge on the dash that says exactly how much one has left in the tank and what the max capacity is (I could do the subtraction and wouldn't need a calculator) having to make a random guess is a waste of time and effort. Let the poor kid or needy senior pump all the fuel I need, for me, do it all at once and then let me pay for an actual full tank. I stay clean, warm and dry and they have a paycheck! Let OR's Governor and the rest of the US stick their nozzles in someone else's business.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #25 - 01/10/18 at 08:20:20
Print Post  
It may seem like pumping gas is something so simple, anyone could do it.  That is not the case.  -- I was at a service station starting to pump gas and this 60-70ish women was next to me.  She gets my attention and tells me her husband died last week and ask me to show her how to pump gas.  You just never know.

IP Logged

Marine 13
Senior CF Member

Semper Fi!!

Reply #26 - 01/10/18 at 10:10:08
Print Post  
ceelu wrote on 01/10/18 at 01:04:59:
Well call me an entitled elitist, but I have never pumped my own gas and I'm not interested in starting now at my age. And, this prepay idea is the most ridiculous thing ever invented! How the hell am I supposed to know how much fuel I will need ahead of time???? Unless the manufacturers want to start putting a gauge on the dash that says exactly how much one has left in the tank and what the max capacity is (I could do the subtraction and wouldn't need a calculator) having to make a random guess is a waste of time and effort. Let the poor kid or needy senior pump all the fuel I need, for me, do it all at once and then let me pay for an actual full tank. I stay clean, warm and dry and they have a paycheck! Let OR's Governor and the rest of the US stick their nozzles in someone else's business.

Prepay was invented because there are criminals that love to steal.  A person would drive to the pumps, fill their tanks, and then drive away without paying.  So, those of us that do not live in Oregon or NJ have to prepay. 

Most of us can determain how much gas you need by knowing how big our tanks are (information available in the owners manual), and looking at our gas gauge.  If my car has a 20 gallon fuel tank, and the gas gauge is reading half a tank, then I know that I need about 10 gallons.  At $2.30 per gallon, I need $23.00 in gas.  Usually, I would round that up to $25.00, because gas gauges are not the most accurate instrument.  If the car does not hold the whole amount, I go back into the store, and they refund the difference. 

There is another advantage to pumping your own gas.  When you squeeze the trigger, notice how fast the gas is flowing to your car.  If it is slow, then stop fueling, and get a refund on what you did not put into your car.  All fuel that is going into your tank is coming from storage tanks.  As these tanks start to run low, the pumps will start drawing the sediment from the bottom of the tank, and water that is floating on top of the gas.  Both of these will clog the screens on the pumps, and are not good for your car.  Also, do not get gas while the station is receiving gas.  As the fuel is being dropped from the tankers, it is stirring up that sediment at the bottom of the tank.

No left turn on Red, White and Blue!!!

Once a Marine, always a Marine!!!

IP Logged

ceelu
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #27 - 01/10/18 at 23:28:59
Print Post  
Marine 13 wrote on 01/10/18 at 10:10:08:
Prepay was invented because there are criminals that love to steal.  A person would drive to the pumps, fill their tanks, and then drive away without paying.  So, those of us that do not live in Oregon or NJ have to prepay. 

Most of us can determain how much gas you need by knowing how big our tanks are (information available in the owners manual), and looking at our gas gauge.  If my car has a 20 gallon fuel tank, and the gas gauge is reading half a tank, then I know that I need about 10 gallons.  At $2.30 per gallon, I need $23.00 in gas.  Usually, I would round that up to $25.00, because gas gauges are not the most accurate instrument.  If the car does not hold the whole amount, I go back into the store, and they refund the difference. 

There is another advantage to pumping your own gas.  When you squeeze the trigger, notice how fast the gas is flowing to your car.  If it is slow, then stop fueling, and get a refund on what you did not put into your car.  All fuel that is going into your tank is coming from storage tanks.  As these tanks start to run low, the pumps will start drawing the sediment from the bottom of the tank, and water that is floating on top of the gas.  Both of these will clog the screens on the pumps, and are not good for your car.  Also, do not get gas while the station is receiving gas.  As the fuel is being dropped from the tankers, it is stirring up that sediment at the bottom of the tank. 

Great! so now I get to grab my cane and once again walk across the slippery wet driveway area because I need money back. Wow self serve is just sounding better and better. How have we ever gotten along without it? Geez, maybe with all the rainy and snowy weather here and all the walking trips to and fro, I'll get lucky and fall and break a hip so I can sue the station for not maintaining a safe passage for their clientele.

IP Logged

Fishman
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #28 - 01/11/18 at 00:00:09
Print Post  
RPTPatriot wrote on 01/08/18 at 20:31:56:
Of course. That's the whole point. If a private enterprise wants to, great. But not government mandated. When it is government mandated that someone is forced to serve you, that's just wrong.

I agree...same thing with govt mandated health care. Hopefully those days are over.

IP Logged

Fishman
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #29 - 01/11/18 at 00:08:59
Print Post  
Gabriele wrote on 01/09/18 at 17:06:17:
Ours has it too. Stupid. I asked the dealership if it was just another way to cut corners. He said everyone loses them. Really??

Everyone loses them? What the heck...I've never lost one in my life? I would have told him that there are plenty on the road that are actually attached to the vehicle by a plastic ring. Everybody is losing them...just lol!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Entitlement Kicks in Over Oregon Self-Service Gas Pumps

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias