Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Will President Trump Cave on Daca Type Amnesty?
Poll
Poll Question: Will President Trump Cave on Daca Type Amnesty?
bars   pie

Yes    
  14 (70.0%)
No    
  6 (30.0%)

Total votes: 20
« Created by: countzero on: 01/09/18 at 12:11:03 »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Will President Trump Cave on Daca Type Amnesty? (Read 1,349 times)
Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Will President Trump Cave on Daca Type Amnesty?
Reply #50 - 01/10/18 at 04:12:35

ZeWazir wrote on 01/10/18 at 00:26:05:
Well, I do know a lot of history, but will not claim I know everything. So, please explain when, and under what circumstances, we have ever dealt with finding, arresting, detaining, trying, and moving (let alone deporting) the numbers of people purported to be illegally resident in the U.S.  I am willing to learn, even while remaining skeptical until the facts are presented.

There was a STOPPAGE in all immigration between 1920-1965.  Then another great liberal Democrat, Ted Kennedy, wanted to start it back up (Immigration and Nationality Act).

www.history.com/topics/u-s-immigration-before-1965

Lily003   Shocked

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #51 - 01/10/18 at 06:44:07

ZeWazir wrote on 01/09/18 at 22:01:23:
Now, looking at the above plan, who here can imagine ANY demoncrap agreeing or voting for a bill that includes funding a wall, includes funding for the manpower to start tossing people who don't qualify across the border, mandatory classes in english so we can get rid of the ridiculous requirement to spend billions printing documents in two languages?  SO, the 'pubs pass it without them, the DACAs and a whole bunch of others celebrate being given the path to citizenship BY THE REPUBLICANS without a single demoncrap voting in favor. Trump wins in the short and long term, the 2018 midterms are a route, court appointments start going through the senate like $hit through a cane break, and we start getting our nation back, despite "caving" to the DACAs.

I agree with much of what you said but the above part I'm not so sure about. People have short memories and are easily swayed. Once the Dems regain control and they eventually will, they will start offering all sorts of freebies again assuming we ever are able to stop the handouts and once again they will be on the Dem plantation as far as voting goes. As you say a big part is what happens in 2018 because as we know the Senate is not very helpful to Trump's plans.

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #52 - 01/10/18 at 06:59:47

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #53 - 01/10/18 at 07:17:03

Timing is everything.

A Judge Just Ordered Trump To Keep DACA

“The Justice Department will continue to vigorously defend this position, and looks forward to vindicating its position in further litigation,” he added.

The administration justified DACA’s termination on separation of powers grounds, arguing only Congress could authorize such a program.

Alsup strongly rejected this view, pointing to a 2014 Justice Department memo purporting to show that DACA’s features are rooted in Supreme Court case law or related powers granted by Congress.

Since Alsup concluded the program’s rescission was based on a flawed legal premise, he said the action was “arbitrary, capricious, an abuse of discretion, [and] otherwise not in accordance with law.”

Alsup further noted that Trump himself has determined DACA serves the public interest, citing two Sept. 2017 tweets in which the president expressed support for so-called “Dreamers.”

“We seem to be in the unusual position wherein the ultimate authority over the agency, the chief executive, publicly favors the very program the agency has ended,” the judge wrote.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/09/a-judge-just-ordered-trump-to-keep-daca/

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #54 - 01/10/18 at 07:20:54

Naturalized-Texan wrote on 01/09/18 at 20:05:34:
I have seen no indication that President Trump has caved on DACA. He is insisting that the border wall be built, that the immigration lottery be ended, and that chain immigration be stopped.

That doesn't sound like any kind of amnesty to me.

I agree but there are some here to would have you believe Trump is at the border waving the illegals through.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #55 - 01/10/18 at 07:28:59

ZeWazir wrote on 01/09/18 at 22:01:23:
In thinking long and hard about the entire illegal immigration issue, over a large number of years has led me to several uncomfortable, unpleasant conclusions. .........................

Good Post.  That would be a plan I could definitely support.  I only hope our President will do that.

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #56 - 01/10/18 at 07:30:56

bigmck wrote on 01/10/18 at 07:20:54:
I agree but there are some here to would have you believe Trump is at the border waving the illegals through.

No one here is saying that but there are a few with short memories.

One example.

Jeb! Bush Rallies for President Trump’s DACA ‘Bill of Love’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/09/jeb-bush-rallies-for-presiden...

Donald Trump: Jeb Bush's 'Act of Love' Remarks 'Dangerous,' 'Ridiculous'

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/04/14/donald-trump-jeb-bush-s-act-o...

What changed?  Reality strike?  Election Year? You tell me right after you tell us who said Trump is waving them across.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #57 - 01/10/18 at 07:39:43

I have seen almost nothing except here about Nationwide E-Verify.  That would make the illegals leave by itself.  Have any of you seen it mentioned?

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #58 - 01/10/18 at 07:43:05

"The Trump administration has also said a deal on DACA could include e-verify, which would require employers to verify that their potential employees are actually authorized to work in the country."

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/01/10/mr-trump-and-republicans-democrats-wan...

Could? No I say, it must!

IP Logged

Marine 13
Senior CF Member

Semper Fi!!

Reply #59 - 01/10/18 at 08:53:37

Lily003 wrote on 01/10/18 at 04:12:35:
There was a STOPPAGE in all immigration between 1920-1965.  Then another great liberal Democrat, Ted Kennedy, wanted to start it back up (Immigration and Nationality Act).

www.history.com/topics/u-s-immigration-before-1965

Lily003   Shocked

Your source does not say there "was a STOPPAGE in all immigration between 1920-1965."  Ellis operated until 1954, and the Immigration Act of 1924 established a quota system for immigration.  It limited how many immigrants the US would accept annually to 2% of those already here.  This Act was replaced by the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965. 

The article does not state there was a stoppage of all immigration.  Further, it does not say anything about a mass roundup, mass detention, and a mass deportation of more then 11 million illegals.  Any program that would attempt such a thing would be a logistical and beaucratic nightmare of the greatest proportion.  How would you even identify who is illegal, and who is not, when the courts have consistantly ruled against racial profiling?  In order to roundup all illegals, the President would have to suspend habeas corpus rights within the US, and then issue a blanket writ of mandamus to every state.  Such an action would not withstand a judicial challenge, and rightfully so.

No left turn on Red, White and Blue!!!

Once a Marine, always a Marine!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Will President Trump Cave on Daca Type Amnesty?

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias