Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Judge Blocks Trump Move to End DACA Program for Immigrants
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Judge Blocks Trump Move to End DACA Program for Immigrants (Read 499 times)
ConservativeOne
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Judge Blocks Trump Move to End DACA Program for Immigrants
Reply #10 - 01/10/18 at 19:25:32
Print Post  
redgirlinbluestate wrote on 01/10/18 at 18:21:49:
I didn't get to reply to the other DACA thread before it was closed for hostile exchanges.  I can't say I was happy with the press conference yesterday.  It seemed in my perspective that Trump was flip-flopping a few times and was too eager to be agreeable with Dems to my liking.  I want the illegals deported.  Perhaps that is wishful thinking but I'm sick of listening to all the left scream about the Dreamers.  Actual Americans have dreams too and they should damn well come ahead of people with no right to be here much less make demands of our government.  How dare they!  Angry

I took what Trump said the same way Tucker Carlson did and it seemed Trump was saying amnesty and citizenship were all negotiable.  That is absolutely a disaster for the Republican party if allowed to become law.  How many states will flip blue? 

I will remain hopeful that Trump will not agree to a bad deal but if he allows illegals citizenship, I may be out.  I would never support a Democrat but I will likely disengage from politics. 

Does everyone know you can call the White house and leave a message for Trump?  Obviously, he doesn't listen to the messages but I assume there are staffers that keep a count of Americans calling opposed to a DACA deal. 

Thank you. I appreciate that response because that is all I was trying to point out. Not sure if you read what I posted. But good to see that we agree.

I think it is safe to say we all want Trump to succeed but his response to Senator Frankenfeinstein I think was what threw a few people into the "what the hell is he agreeing to" column. I was one. Wink

IP Logged

Marine 13
Senior CF Member

Semper Fi!!

Re: Judge Blocks Trump Move to End DACA Program for Immigrants
Reply #11 - 01/10/18 at 22:21:45
Print Post  
countzero wrote on 01/09/18 at 23:52:37:
Well how do you like that.....

I don't.  If President Trump were to put out an Executive Order requiring all Federal Judges to pass a constitutionality competency test annually or be removed from the bench.  Do you think this Judge would give that EO the same weight he has given to the DACA EO?  I doubt it.  I would bet that this judge would suddenly remember that laws can not be passed by EO.  Article 1 section 1 of the US Constitution states:

"All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives."

It does not say that a President can practice tantrum politics, and enact a law by Executive Order just because the Legislature did not do what the President wanted.  Obama's action would only be legal in a monarchy that did not have a parliament, or in a dictatorship. 

Yet this judge ruled that the Federal Government must continue to grant work permits to the court challenges are resolved through the court system.  The judge even stated that DACA stands a good chance of surviving the court challenges.  Let's look at that for a minute.

When Congress refused to give Obama what he wanted, he violated the Constitution by enacting a law through Executive Order.  At any other time in our history, such a law would have immediately have been thrown out as unconstitutional by the court system.  But because liberal judges are more concerned with party politics, they are willing to overlook the violations of the Constitution.  In other words, a liberal judge will back the illegal actions of a President as long as he is a Democrat.  But these same judges will throw out injunctions one after the other for a Republican President that is following the US Constitution. 

Now this judge stated that DACA enacted by EO could withstand the court challenges.  That is true, if the rest of the Federal Court System ignores the Constitution in favor of judicial activism or political expediency.  Here is what the judge ignored.  The Obama Administration was barred by an injunction from issuing deferments under the DACA and DAPA programs.  The case is United States v Texas.  Texas, joined by 25 other states in challenging the implementation of these programs.  The Federal District Court for Southern Texas issued an injunction barring the Obama Administration from implementing these programs.  The Obama Administration Appealed the ruling to the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans.  They initially sought an emergency injunction to allow implementation, but the Appeals Court denied the injunction.  Later they affirmed the District Court's ruling with a 2 to 1 vote.  The majority ruling stated that the Immigration and Naturalization Act does not allow for deferred action.  The one dissenting judge claimed that the President had the authority as prosecutorial discretion.  The Obama Administration then petitioned the SCOTUS to bar the injunction.  The SCOTUS then failed to act because of a 4 to 4 split.  Therefore the Administration was barred from issuing deferrments, but did anyway.

Now, you have a judicial activist judge ruling that the current Administration must continue to issue deferrments that they are barred from issuing in the first place.

Alex, I'll take "Things that make you say Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot-Oscar" for $1000 please.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deferred_Action_for_Parents_of_Americans

No left turn on Red, White and Blue!!!

Once a Marine, always a Marine!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Judge Blocks Trump Move to End DACA Program for Immigrants

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias