Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Record number of Republicans not seeking re-election in 2018
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Record number of Republicans not seeking re-election in 2018 (Read 176 times)
Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Record number of Republicans not seeking re-election in 2018
01/11/18 at 00:22:17
Print Post  
This is interesting.  So far, having them hasn't meant much difference in most things we care about.  I don't any longer consider myself a Republican, but don't want Democrats in the majority.

I think I read yesterday about Rep. Issa leaving.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/laurettabrown/2018/01/10/republicans-who-are-not-s...

They had great opportunity with a Republican President.  Not sure of Democrats not running other than little Luis from Chicago.

Lily003   Undecided

IP Logged

|Glitch|
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Record number of Republicans not seeking re-election in 2018
Reply #1 - 01/11/18 at 04:02:52
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 01/11/18 at 00:22:17:
This is interesting.  So far, having them hasn't meant much difference in most things we care about.  I don't any longer consider myself a Republican, but don't want Democrats in the majority.

I think I read yesterday about Rep. Issa leaving.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/laurettabrown/2018/01/10/republicans-who-are-not-s...

They had great opportunity with a Republican President.  Not sure of Democrats not running other than little Luis from Chicago.

Lily003   Undecided

Which is why, I suspect, they are not seeking reelection in 2018.  They can foresee the proverbial "writing-on-the-wall."  When the mid-term election comes about in less than 11 months, and Congress still hasn't repealed ObamaCare, or funded the construction of the wall on the border with Mexico, voters are going to take it out on them.

This is how the GOP commits suicide.

I consider myself a republican, not a Republican.  The reason is because what was once a very clearly established ideology, has become muddled with liberalism.  Hundreds of Democrats have switched parties and become Republicans at the national level since the 1980s.  Thousands more if you include the State politicians.  The last Republican I can recall who switched parties and became an Independent (but voting with Democrats) was "Jumpin" Jim Jeffords in May 2001.

With such a huge influx of Democrats into the Republican Party in the last 30 years it was inevitable that the GOP would be destroyed from within.

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 01/11/18 at 07:00:03
Print Post  
|Glitch| wrote on 01/11/18 at 04:02:52:
Which is why, I suspect, they are not seeking reelection in 2018.  They can foresee the proverbial "writing-on-the-wall."  When the mid-term election comes about in less than 11 months, and Congress still hasn't repealed ObamaCare, or funded the construction of the wall on the border with Mexico, voters are going to take it out on them.

This is how the GOP commits suicide.

I consider myself a republican, not a Republican.  The reason is because what was once a very clearly established ideology, has become muddled with liberalism.  Hundreds of Democrats have switched parties and become Republicans at the national level since the 1980s.  Thousands more if you include the State politicians.  The last Republican I can recall who switched parties and became an Independent (but voting with Democrats) was "Jumpin" Jim Jeffords in May 2001.

With such a huge influx of Democrats into the Republican Party in the last 30 years it was inevitable that the GOP would be destroyed from within.

There's an acronym for that. It's RINOs. We have a Congress full of them which is why Trump faces the uphill battle that he does on issues that should be a given.

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #3 - 01/11/18 at 07:05:03
Print Post  
  And they are getting older and their financial future is solid.. Greed overrides the heat they will endure under DJT administration.......

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 01/11/18 at 08:07:51
Print Post  
Wayne wrote on 01/11/18 at 07:05:03:
  And they are getting older and their financial future is solid.. Greed overrides the heat they will endure under DJT administration.......

Yep! It's odd that when you have a Republican president and Congress why bail out now. I'd say you are onto something. They made their money now sail off into the sunset and the hell with the fact that maybe your seat will go to a Dem.

IP Logged

ZeWazir
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 01/11/18 at 11:16:06
Print Post  
Last list I looked at, only two of those retiring had a liberty score above C-, so for our purposes their choice to retire is to our advantage. I see as an opportunity to get a conservative in their place without the uphill battle of running against an incumbent in the primaries.

Statistically it may give the dims a greater chance of turning the seat over, but at the same time, RINOs vote dim anyway, so it would pretty much be a wash if they did win a few RINO seats.

IP Logged

darroll
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 01/11/18 at 14:08:57
Print Post  
It's called..
Here comes the posse and they have a rope.

IP Logged

red hawk
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 01/11/18 at 15:17:09
Print Post  
darroll wrote on 01/11/18 at 14:08:57:
It's called..
Here comes the posse and they have a rope.

I agree.  It is becoming clear that voters want representatives who support President Trump's agenda.  The border wall, no DACA amnesty, lower taxes, stronger military, you get the picture.  The general election proved beyond any doubt that WE, the body politic, know which direction we want our "leaders" to take.  WE aren't "mind numbed robots."

It looks like Diane Harkey, Pat Bates, and Rocky Chavez will be the contenders to replace Issa in the upcoming GOP primary.

Please allow me to respectfully submit that, as a Conservative forum, it should be our duty to 1.) learn as much about the candidates as we can and then 2.) disseminate that information to our fellow members so we are ALL better informed.  The same, of course, would be true about any other GOP race in the upcoming mid-terms.

The Trump victory proved that the Peoples' will can be done.  It is time for us to abandon our old, worn-out doom and gloom, stoop shouldered reactions to every little blip on the political radar screen.

WE are fighters.  Let's fight.

« Last Edit: 01/11/18 at 17:29:25 by red hawk »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Record number of Republicans not seeking re-election in 2018

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias