Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Civility of the US House is now in Alaskan hands, be afraid!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Civility of the US House is now in Alaskan hands, be afraid! (Read 47 times)
|Glitch|
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Civility of the US House is now in Alaskan hands, be afraid!
01/11/18 at 03:41:14
Print Post  
Quote:
Gruff Alaska lawmaker now in charge of civility in US House

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A gruff, no-nonsense Alaska lawmaker who once called the lieutenant governor "Captain Zero" and told a female colleague she didn't know what she was talking about is now in charge of ensuring civility in the U.S. House.

House Speaker Paul Ryan joked that Young's new duties are to swear in the new speaker, not swear at the speaker.

Pelosi recounted a more civil conversation about wildlife during her speech honoring Young. She noticed a tie he was wearing one day, featuring an eagle, a baby seal and other wildlife.

Pelosi complimented him, noting the tie was a wonderful environmental statement.

"He said, "I call it lunch,'" she said to laughter.

I have been voting for Don Young since 1992.  Politically-Correct he is not.  I like him because he has a very conservative voting record.  I agree with about 85% of his votes, and I can't say that about any other politician.

As the most senior US Representative in the House (which is based upon seniority) he will continue to get 70%+ of the vote in Alaska for as long as he wants it.  As Chairman of the Natural Resources and Transportation committees, he is a powerful voice for Alaska's interests.  Even Democrats in Alaska understand this and vote for him for that reason.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Civility of the US House is now in Alaskan hands, be afraid!

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias