Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Sam's Club Closing 63 Stores
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Sam's Club Closing 63 Stores (Read 761 times)
bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Sam's Club Closing 63 Stores
Reply #10 - 01/12/18 at 07:48:59
Print Post  
The closing is just a natural progression of our economy.  It is speculated that Sam's Club will become more of an online store in their quest to compete with Amazon.  This is the way the world is going.  Soon the snowflakes will not have a Mall to hang out. 
http://www.businessinsider.com/why-sams-club-is-closing-stores-2018-1

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - 01/12/18 at 08:34:30
Print Post  
I buy nearly everything I don't need right now on line with great success. Find the item and store then do a codes and coupon search and you will save up to 50% many times.
This is the fault of the stores themselves. I go to walmart maybe 3-4 times a yr and you have to wait 30 minutes to get out, nearly all self checkout that don't work half the time. Sam's now has mostly self checkout which would be OK for some but not me. Plus their self checkouts are CC or Debit only, NO Cash!
Screw them!

Where's my RECIPROCITY???????
Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"
They Repealed My II Amendment I had No Guns
They Disregarded My V Amendment I Was Innocent
They Violated My IV Amendment I Had Nothing To Hide
They Repealed My I Amendment "I COULD SAY NOTHING"

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #12 - 01/12/18 at 08:39:18
Print Post  
The Stranger wrote on 01/12/18 at 08:34:30:
I buy nearly everything I don't need right now on line with great success. Find the item and store then do a codes and coupon search and you will save up to 50% many times.
This is the fault of the stores themselves. I go to walmart maybe 3-4 times a yr and you have to wait 30 minutes to get out, nearly all self checkout that don't work half the time. Sam's now has mostly self checkout which would be OK for some but not me. Plus their self checkouts are CC or Debit only, NO Cash!
Screw them!

It took me forever to start using a Debit Card.  I just knew I would not mark one down and screw up my bank account.  I finally got one and I don't even keep a checkbook balance now.  Everything is on the bank website if I need to check it.

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 01/12/18 at 08:43:22
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 01/12/18 at 08:39:18:
It took me forever to start using a Debit Card.  I just knew I would not mark one down and screw up my bank account.  I finally got one and I don't even keep a checkbook balance now.  Everything is on the bank website if I need to check it.

I never use debit. I was once told when they debit or credit, opt for credit. Somehow it's supposed to more safe. How, I'm not altogether sure. I prefer good old cash.

I too don't bother to balance my checking. I'm always aware of what I spend.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #14 - 01/12/18 at 08:52:00
Print Post  
ConservativeOne wrote on 01/12/18 at 08:43:22:
I never use debit. I was once told when they debit or credit, opt for credit. Somehow it's supposed to more safe. How, I'm not altogether sure. I prefer good old cash.

I too don't bother to balance my checking. I'm always aware of what I spend.

That is the way it was a few years ago, but things have changed.  If there is fraud on either Debit or Credit Cards, there is Zero Liability to the owner.

Consumer liability for debit and credit card charges is limited to $50 when fraud is reported. However, VISA and MasterCard, which control 100 percent of the U.S. debit card market, have gone one step further, and require that credit card issuers like Capital One, Chase and Citibank adhere to a zero percent liability policy for their customers. They also require that immediate refunds be granted on disputed charges. Most major credit card networks have applied these rules as well.
https://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/alpha-consumer/2009/08/18/fraud-protection-...

IP Logged

john33
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 01/12/18 at 09:20:25
Print Post  
Today, Walmart is perhaps my favorite brick and mortar type store that I go to... except it can often be hard to find the time to go it, though, since I don't have one in my own town (Greenfield, Massachusetts). I would have to do at least a half hour's travel to get to a Walmart. I have four to choose from, including the Hinsdale, New Hampshire, one that one can go to in order to avoid the sales tax.

Back in the early 1990's, Walmart did want to come here to Greenfield, but was narrowly voted down by the voters in 1993. Unfortunately, we also have someone named Al Norman who is vehemently against Walmart and other big box stores. He is likely the reason why we don't have a Walmart here today.

When Ames closed in 2002, we have since been without a major department store. The closest we currently have is a locally run store called Wilson's, but it's more expensive.

I do enjoy online shopping as well, though. Often times, I order things through Amazon.com.

OLDCOOT SUCKS thingy!!!

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #16 - 01/12/18 at 09:20:34
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 01/12/18 at 08:52:00:
That is the way it was a few years ago, but things have changed.  If there is fraud on either Debit or Credit Cards, there is Zero Liability to the owner.

Consumer liability for debit and credit card charges is limited to $50 when fraud is reported. However, VISA and MasterCard, which control 100 percent of the U.S. debit card market, have gone one step further, and require that credit card issuers like Capital One, Chase and Citibank adhere to a zero percent liability policy for their customers. They also require that immediate refunds be granted on disputed charges. Most major credit card networks have applied these rules as well.
https://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/alpha-consumer/2009/08/18/fraud-protection-...

I may be wrong but I think what it is that with debit you enter a pin number and that's where things can go awry. Many use one pin for access to lots of things. But yes liability is limited when fraud is involved.

IP Logged

cj_real_american
CF Presidents Club

Smitty Kitty is my boss.

Reply #17 - 01/12/18 at 11:42:03
Print Post  
I'm wondering, do you still be charged a yearly fee for shopping on line at Sam's?  I shop at Wal-Mart, on line since the nearest store is 3 hrs. away.  They deliver all my goods right inside the front porch, or mud room as we call them back here in the sticks.

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - 01/12/18 at 11:51:50
Print Post  
cj_real_american wrote on 01/12/18 at 11:42:03:
I'm wondering, do you still be charged a yearly fee for shopping on line at Sam's?  I shop at Wal-Mart, on line since the nearest store is 3 hrs. away.  They deliver all my goods right inside the front porch, or mud room as we call them back here in the sticks.

Don't know about Sam's but I imagine they are the same. Costco won't let you buy on line unless you enter your membership #.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Sam's Club Closing 63 Stores

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias