Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Xfinity/Comcast
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Xfinity/Comcast (Read 3,859 times)
bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Xfinity/Comcast
Reply #10 - 01/16/18 at 20:17:48
Print Post  
WAlt wrote on 01/16/18 at 20:15:19:
BTW, Comcast called the other day (my wife talked to them as I was away) and said they were shipping new digital box and voice operated remote controllers, and they would be delivered by UPS, and we were to send our old boxes and controllers back (free) by UPS.

Things are looking up! Smiley

That is cool.  I wonder if they work after a few beers and the speech is not quite the same.   Smiley

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #11 - 01/16/18 at 20:21:37
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 01/16/18 at 19:07:01:
Walt, I am glad to know that you are conservation minded.  Why waste a .45 on a small guy when a .38 will do the job. Smiley

I'm conservative, but not necessarily when it comes to protecting my own life. If I have the choice (all other things being equal) to protect my life with a .38 or a .45 -- I will chose the latter! But my wife (who has a Florida CCW permit) does carry a S&W 38+P revolver.

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #12 - 01/16/18 at 20:40:57
Print Post  
We liked Dish Network, when it worked, but when it rained it didn't work.  Hum.  They left two dishes on the side of my roof.  Maybe I could shoot them off Smiley

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #13 - 01/16/18 at 20:42:32
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 01/16/18 at 20:17:48:
That is cool.  I wonder if they work after a few beers and the speech is not quite the same.   Smiley

I don't know how the voice remotes will work, but when I dictate into my cell phone (email or texts) it does a good job. Only occasionally does it get a word wrong. Sure saves me a bunch of time of one finger typing a message. The down side of it is that the phone can't punctuate my dictation unless I manually punctuate it. So, being that my texts are mostly informal, I don't concern myself with accurate punctuation.

IP Logged

FlaOkie
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #14 - 01/16/18 at 21:47:28
Print Post  
My 2 year Comcast contract is up in April.
They will be history.  I don’t care if they offer to give me the entire package for free.
Their product/service just plain stinks.  Angry
At least a half a dozen times a day there is a loss of signal or picture freeze.
I got tired of the aggravation of calling them and talking to someone I can’t understand, to complain for the small amount they knock off my bill.
As for the remote you can talk to, just another gimmick I never use.

IP Logged

Marine 13
Senior CF Member

Semper Fi!!

Reply #15 - 01/17/18 at 04:05:51
Print Post  
WAlt wrote on 01/16/18 at 18:48:43:
Anyway, I told the rep I didn't appreciate being insulted, and would go to satellite TV and local phone and internet service. Well, they didn't want to lose me, and told me, since I've been a customer for so many years, they switched me to Comcast's loyalty department. Once there they renegotiated my plan and reduced it by $35 a month -- while still keeping my land line phone (existing bundled package, plus gave HD signal). As such, the savings I got from Comcast is more than paying for my monthly home security system from Central Security.

Had I not complained and made threats (to drop Comcast) I would still be paying for overpriced services. Smiley

When I first had Xfinity pit in, the installer did not arrive until the next day.  (There was a supposed to be a four hour window, not a 24 hour window).  I called the toll free number, and they eventually connected me to the local dispatcher.  She told me that she kept telling the national company that she can't and won't meet those deadlines.  She did not care what the company said.  I had the strange feeling that I was talking to a millennial.  She said that she could not get out there until the next day around 10 AM.  The installer finally arrived at 6 PM.  He hooked everything up, and it looked good.  I thought, "All right, were all set."  But about an hour later the system shutdown to run an update.  It never came back up.  It kept rebooting giving me an error message.  I went through everything with Tech support, but they could not get it to come up.  Every time they did the update, it crashed.  So, I would have to get another installer to come out.  Of course the next day was Sunday, and the installers did not work on Sunday.  So, on Monday, the same installer came out, and changed out both boxes.  This time he gave us two boxes that were brand new, and he waited around to see if they would hold the programing.  When I called back to complain about the time it took, and that the installer obviously installed a box that he knew was not going to hold the update.  They credited me for the two late arrivals, and an additional $100.00 credit.  Of course, before they did, I told the customer service idiot, that a Dish Network salesman had just been at the door, and I wanted to know how long it would take to get their equipment out of my house.  My first months bill was a credit, even renting a couple movies during the month.

No left turn on Red, White and Blue!!!

Once a Marine, always a Marine!!!

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #16 - 01/17/18 at 06:51:24
Print Post  
WAlt wrote on 01/16/18 at 20:42:32:
I don't know how the voice remotes will work, but when I dictate into my cell phone (email or texts) it does a good job. Only occasionally does it get a word wrong. Sure saves me a bunch of time of one finger typing a message. The down side of it is that the phone can't punctuate my dictation unless I manually punctuate it. So, being that my texts are mostly informal, I don't concern myself with accurate punctuation.

Wait just one darn minute.  == I gotta know how to do that.  Can you give me a quick tutorial on it?

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #17 - 01/17/18 at 08:04:06
Print Post  
Marine 13 wrote on 01/17/18 at 04:05:51:
When I first had Xfinity pit in, the installer did not arrive until the next day.  (There was a supposed to be a four hour window, not a 24 hour window).  I called the toll free number, and they eventually connected me to the local dispatcher.  She told me that she kept telling the national company that she can't and won't meet those deadlines.  She did not care what the company said.  I had the strange feeling that I was talking to a millennial.  She said that she could not get out there until the next day around 10 AM.  The installer finally arrived at 6 PM.  He hooked everything up, and it looked good.  I thought, "All right, were all set."  But about an hour later the system shutdown to run an update.  It never came back up.  It kept rebooting giving me an error message.  I went through everything with Tech support, but they could not get it to come up.  Every time they did the update, it crashed.  So, I would have to get another installer to come out.  Of course the next day was Sunday, and the installers did not work on Sunday.  So, on Monday, the same installer came out, and changed out both boxes.  This time he gave us two boxes that were brand new, and he waited around to see if they would hold the programing.  When I called back to complain about the time it took, and that the installer obviously installed a box that he knew was not going to hold the update.  They credited me for the two late arrivals, and an additional $100.00 credit.  Of course, before they did, I told the customer service idiot, that a Dish Network salesman had just been at the door, and I wanted to know how long it would take to get their equipment out of my house.  My first months bill was a credit, even renting a couple movies during the month.

Well, at least you got some good credits for your inconvenience and loss of signal. Generally, I get credit for the days lost (that I had no service) plus some compensation.

For the last few years my service has been okay. But some years ago I was getting an inordinate amount of interrupted and/or weak signal service. I told Comcast just getting credits for breaks in service isn't good enough (anymore), and that I want consistent, satisfactory cable TV, Internet, and phone service.

The cable run from the street pole to my house is probably 700 or more feet long; some of it is overhead and some underground. Comcast had to install a special cable so as to maintain a strong signal. That cable definitely helped.

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - 01/17/18 at 08:10:55
Print Post  
WAlt wrote on 01/17/18 at 08:04:06:
Well, at least you got some good credits for your inconvenience and loss of signal. Generally, I get credit for the days lost (that I had no service) plus some compensation.

For the last few years my service has been okay. But some years ago I was getting an inordinate amount of interrupted and/or weak signal service. I told Comcast just getting credits for breaks in service isn't good enough (anymore), and that I want consistent, satisfactory cable TV, Internet, and phone service.

The cable run from the street pole to my house is probably 700 or more feet long; some of it is overhead and some underground. Comcast had to install a special cable so as to maintain a strong signal. That cable definitely helped.

Had the same issue with the internet service and they did the same thing. Ran a separate cable for internet. Been about 17 years and it still works well. Overall, they are still terrible to have to call. Few if any speak English but worse few know how to troubleshoot over the phone. One of the techs that came to my house once told me to never agree to do anything they tell you since they usually make it worse. Demand a free of charge service call because seldom is it your TV or computer causing the issue.

Verizon started to lay cable but never finished so my only option is Direct TV. No thanks. I know people who switched to FIOS but switched back. They are worse.

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #19 - 01/17/18 at 08:15:07
Print Post  
Problem here is, that it's Comcast cable or satellite everything.  After "net neutrality" that's the way it is.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Xfinity/Comcast

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias