Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Xfinity/Comcast
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Xfinity/Comcast (Read 2,388 times)
bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Xfinity/Comcast
Reply #60 - 02/05/18 at 13:20:12
Print Post  
WAlt wrote on 02/02/18 at 18:36:14:
I liked that show with William Bendix. But before him, there was another Life of Reily show starring Jackie Gleason and Rosmary DeCamp. I don't remember that show, although I saw a couple of episodes of it that a buddy of mine had on 16 mm film. He was in the movie theater business and used to buy old TV show movies (before the days of VHS and BETA tapes, DVDs, etc.).

My buddy had a 16mm projector and a 35 mm carbon arc projector set up in his basement.  He would get lots of good movies and we would watch them in his basement.

I don't recall it either.  It was on in 1949 and 1950, 26 episodes.  The link is some history on it.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041036/

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #61 - 02/05/18 at 14:04:56
Print Post  
Hum, I found it!  After U could not activate their phone I sent it back and they charged me $35 "Restocking Fee."

Anyone dealing with Xfinity Mobile be aware.

IP Logged

FlaOkie
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #62 - 02/05/18 at 14:16:45
Print Post  
I’ve spent some time looking into live streaming internet TV and voice over internet phone.
In my case I can get all the cable shows we watch and local CBS and ABC by subscribing to two streaming services.

I would have to buy electronics/hardware  for internet phone, modem, router, and wifi gizmos for 3 TVs, which would run around $350. This cost would be paid back in a little over one year, and I own the equipment, not Comcast, and I never have to send it back.

The actual monthly cost for DSL (CenturyLink internet price for life), the internet phone charges and streaming services would be about $20/month less than the Comcast bundle I have now.

While not an immediate big savings, the one really nice thing is the streaming services have no contract. They can be cancelled anytime with no penalty. It appears there is a big growing market for this streaming stuff, with new packages and new companies popping up every day. How quaint, a market with competition, and no contracts.

There are some concerns like data caps, and DSL speeds, but I think for just two people it might work. I’m still looking into it, as its new stuff to me. A lot depends on Centurylink and what speed/bandwiths they actually can deliver.
We shall see. Undecided

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #63 - 02/05/18 at 14:20:04
Print Post  
Anyone dealing with Xfinity Mobile need to be warned; I sent their phone back to them because it would not activate so they charged me a $35 "Restocking Fee." Sound like a scam? Think about this if you are thinking about dealing with Xfinity Mobile. Cry

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #64 - 02/05/18 at 16:42:12
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 02/05/18 at 13:20:12:
I don't recall it either.  It was on in 1949 and 1950, 26 episodes.  The link is some history on it.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041036/

The earlier show must not have been very popular with the viewers; hence, only 26 episodes. One thing I remember about the two episodes I saw that my buddy had on 16mm film, was the beer commercials. I can't recall who the guy was in the commercial, but he was sitting in a living room like setting talking about O'Reilly (from the scenes that were just previously shown) while pouring (I think Miller High Life) beer into a very tall pilsner type of glass. I can't recall if he took a drink of it. I know that's not allowed today, hasn't been for maybe 40 years or so on TV commercials.

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #65 - 02/05/18 at 17:42:38
Print Post  

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #66 - 02/05/18 at 18:14:02
Print Post  
They say the fees are listed on their web site, but with all the cookie strikes and ads, and glitches one cannot find that particular fee.  Monopoly gets us that kind of liberal stuff, Comcast does liberal real good.  Oh such a deal the stock market is doing, huh?

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #67 - 02/05/18 at 19:00:48
Print Post  
So, even the Jackie Gleason version of O'Reilly said: What a revolting development this is! And here I thought it was the William Bendix version of O'Reilly that first used that phrase!

I saw Gloria Winters in the first episode. I remember her from the Sky King TV show.

I watched those old TV programs on our black and white 12" round screen Zenith TV. What a joke by today's standards. But it was better than my Grandmother's 10" rectangular Philco.

Who would have ever thought back then that we would now have 60" plus HD flat screen TVs.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #68 - 02/06/18 at 10:05:55
Print Post  
FlaOkie wrote on 02/05/18 at 14:16:45:
I’ve spent some time looking into live streaming internet TV and voice over internet phone.
In my case I can get all the cable shows we watch and local CBS and ABC by subscribing to two streaming services.

I would have to buy electronics/hardware  for internet phone, modem, router, and wifi gizmos for 3 TVs, which would run around $350. This cost would be paid back in a little over one year, and I own the equipment, not Comcast, and I never have to send it back.

The actual monthly cost for DSL (CenturyLink internet price for life), the internet phone charges and streaming services would be about $20/month less than the Comcast bundle I have now.

While not an immediate big savings, the one really nice thing is the streaming services have no contract. They can be cancelled anytime with no penalty. It appears there is a big growing market for this streaming stuff, with new packages and new companies popping up every day. How quaint, a market with competition, and no contracts.

There are some concerns like data caps, and DSL speeds, but I think for just two people it might work. I’m still looking into it, as its new stuff to me. A lot depends on Centurylink and what speed/bandwiths they actually can deliver.
We shall see. Undecided

I looked into the streaming with DirecTvNow.  It was not as user friendly as Directv but was only $35 a month.  The killer was we could not get CBS Daytime which has my girlfriends favorite Soap (Young and Restless).  Which service has that of those you have?

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #69 - 02/06/18 at 11:43:44
Print Post  
    I still get 34 channels with an antenna..  Wink ANNND,, youtube has almost everything else I want to stream...........................................free!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Xfinity/Comcast

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias