Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Xfinity/Comcast
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Xfinity/Comcast (Read 3,864 times)
bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Xfinity/Comcast
Reply #80 - 02/07/18 at 13:18:03
Print Post  
Thanks FlaOkie

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #81 - 02/10/18 at 17:08:27
Print Post  
Well, Xfinity defeated me.  The sent me a defective phone and I sent it back then they charged me $35.  After a dozen idiot support people I just gave up; they make no sense and their business practices suck.  As soon as possible I will hang all their services up for good.

In a way they did me a favor because now my wife will not become a Smart Phone zombie and not cook for me.

And I will hang this thread up forever. 

At least some roof guy is fixing my roof soffit damaged in hurricane Irma and very reasonable too.

So here I sit in 85 degree air, smelling smoke from some idiot burning in the wind, hearing a lot of traffic on the road out front by snowbirds that just drive aimlessly all day.  Guess I'll wait until hurricane season so the traffic is down to three cars a day and my roof awaits another storm.  Is that life?

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #82 - 02/10/18 at 17:52:45
Print Post  
Xfinity v3.5

Well, guess I got through to them after all.  Some dude called and have applied a $35 credit to my cable bill.  Hum.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #83 - 02/10/18 at 18:12:38
Print Post  
dustymars wrote on 02/10/18 at 17:08:27:
Well, Xfinity defeated me.  The sent me a defective phone and I sent it back then they charged me $35.  After a dozen idiot support people I just gave up; they make no sense and their business practices suck.  As soon as possible I will hang all their services up for good.

In a way they did me a favor because now my wife will not become a Smart Phone zombie and not cook for me.

And I will hang this thread up forever. 

At least some roof guy is fixing my roof soffit damaged in hurricane Irma and very reasonable too.

So here I sit in 85 degree air, smelling smoke from some idiot burning in the wind, hearing a lot of traffic on the road out front by snowbirds that just drive aimlessly all day.  Guess I'll wait until hurricane season so the traffic is down to three cars a day and my roof awaits another storm.  Is that life?

Why are you messing around with Xfinity.  There are several phone companies that give you a free phone if you transfer your number, Cricket and MetroPCS to name a couple.

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #84 - 02/10/18 at 19:01:14
Print Post  
dustymars wrote on 02/10/18 at 17:52:45:
Xfinity v3.5

Well, guess I got through to them after all.  Some dude called and have applied a $35 credit to my cable bill.  Hum.

Congratulations on your credit!

BTW, the traffic on US 27 is the worst I've seen it in my 20+ years here. Snowbirds all over the place. But, one consolation is that they are pumping sweet Yankee out-of-state dollars into the local economy.

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #85 - 02/10/18 at 19:39:07
Print Post  
WAlt wrote on 02/10/18 at 19:01:14:
Congratulations on your credit!

BTW, the traffic on US 27 is the worst I've seen it in my 20+ years here. Snowbirds all over the place. But, one consolation is that they are pumping sweet Yankee out-of-state dollars into the local economy.

Every snowbird north of Tennessee is down here.  I hope they are hot and sweaty with 85 degree air all week. Supposed to stay hot for a couple weeks. Hehehehehehe, sweat snowbirds, sweat.

IP Logged

FlaOkie
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #86 - 02/19/18 at 13:07:13
Print Post  
Just for the record.
My 2 year contract is up end of Feb.
Just got their March bill -- it increases $31.54 per month. Angry

I sure hope this live streaming Roku thingy works as advertised.
Its due to be delivered tomorrow. Testing it will start as soon as I can get it out of the box.

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #87 - 02/19/18 at 13:18:21
Print Post  
FlaOkie wrote on 02/19/18 at 13:07:13:
Just for the record.
My 2 year contract is up end of Feb.
Just got their March bill -- it increases $31.54 per month. Angry

I sure hope this live streaming Roku thingy works as advertised.
Its due to be delivered tomorrow. Testing it will start as soon as I can get it out of the box.

Good luck.  Report progress.

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #88 - 02/19/18 at 13:54:34
Print Post  
I just today installed a new modem Comcast sent me, as they say the old modem is potentially defective (as per the manufacturer in China).

Anyway, after following the installation instructions to the letter, as per usual, I couldn't connect and had to call and speak to an agent.

Part of the installation process required me to access my wi fi settings and select the network name printed on the modem sticker. My wi fi had already recognized this name.

I was then prompted to enter a password (found on modem sticker) which I did. At that point my computer screen read that it was in the process of activating the modem.

However, after about 10 minutes I get a Comcast message that there were problems. That's when I called Comcast.

While speaking to an agent I went back to my wi fi settings and saw that the  network name had reverted back to the old network name found on my old modem (the modem I'm supposed to return via UPS to Comcast with prepaid label).

In any event, I'm back on line, but I don't understand why the new modem's network name wasn't updated in my wi fi connections.

I took photos of all the stickers (three) on each modem in case I need the for future problems.

I just hope I don't have any further problems with my new modem, as I was cussing up a storm trying to get things resolved, and my wife got upset with me. I told her maybe she would understand if she was the one that always gets stuck with dealing with Comcast.

My anger was somewhat exacerbated because last night our over-the-range microwave made a loud pop -- and went belly up (after 20 years of service). This morning we had to go buy a new one.

IP Logged

dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #89 - 02/20/18 at 16:32:16
Print Post  
After I screwed up and let MS update my wife’s PC I did a dummy thing and reset it, it lost stuff.  Then I put on my computer hat and thought it out.  At first glance it did not make sense; a Win-10 update can do weird things but not completely block Norton’s Security from reinstalling; except Norton’s Security.  Looking in my account my wife’s “device” had red warning flags and it hit me that the device was not valid anymore, so remove it and reinstate it.  That routine sent her PC an e-mail with the usually stuff to install Norton’s that worked as designed.  I think it was just telling me (us) that installing over an existing device that had problems, was not possible.  So, it works fine now.  The PC runs fine and all that is left to do is recover the apps that MS removed.  They must be hard up to sell stuff, but I will continue using old stuff.

While I sympathize with Microsoft and making Bill Gates a 500-billionaire more over, I will not buy any more computers.  They are becoming obsolete anyway; soon we will all be zombie iPhone idiots.

At first I thought I was alone with this problem but reading the Norton’s and Windows communities it seems like many others are having the very came problem.  Hopefully my simple problem solving will help them too. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Xfinity/Comcast

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias