Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Chaffetz: Sessions is wortless....
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Chaffetz: Sessions is wortless.... (Read 1,858 times)
The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Chaffetz: Sessions is wortless....
Reply #30 - 02/11/18 at 07:23:39
Print Post  
Freightdog wrote on 02/10/18 at 22:33:11:
I agree with you TS. In my view that law is unconstitutional. They use the drug "crisis" as an excuse to basically steal money from folks, prior to any trial. Amendment 5 of the constitution is pretty clear on that issue: "nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.". There is no due process when they confiscate prior to judgement. Just because the money goes to law enforcement doesn't make it right...  Angry

Thank you!
I am surprised how many conservatives don't agree with us!

Where's my RECIPROCITY???????
Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"
They Repealed My II Amendment I had No Guns
They Disregarded My V Amendment I Was Innocent
They Violated My IV Amendment I Had Nothing To Hide
They Repealed My I Amendment "I COULD SAY NOTHING"

IP Logged

darroll
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #31 - 02/11/18 at 14:46:01
Print Post  
red hawk wrote on 02/10/18 at 22:20:13:
Just because Sessions doesn't work openly is no reason to believe he is not working.  The fact is, nobody here at Conservative Forum really has a "need to know."

The bad guys will fall.  It's kind of like cooking a great big Thanksgiving Dinner for a large family.  You can't just throw a hot dog on a plate and say, "That's it."  Things worth having are worth waiting for.

I agree. Sessions is facing crooked swamp dwellers.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #32 - 02/12/18 at 07:30:17
Print Post  
Freightdog wrote on 02/10/18 at 22:33:11:
I agree with you TS. In my view that law is unconstitutional. They use the drug "crisis" as an excuse to basically steal money from folks, prior to any trial. Amendment 5 of the constitution is pretty clear on that issue: "nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.". There is no due process when they confiscate prior to judgement. Just because the money goes to law enforcement doesn't make it right...  Angry

You don't see any difference in Private Property bought with Drug Money and Private Property bought with a "Hard Days Work" money?

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #33 - 02/12/18 at 08:14:54
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 02/12/18 at 07:30:17:
You don't see any difference in Private Property bought with Drug Money and Private Property bought with a "Hard Days Work" money?

Have you read any of the stories of these folks who lost money to the thugs in blue. My friends were as honest and God fearing as anyone. No law was ever broken, they only had money for travel, That Was It! Lost $3,500.00 for traveling the country. Public forfeiture is wrong and illegal and no different then a thug or crackhead robbing ya!

Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"

IP Logged

Mack Painter
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #34 - 02/12/18 at 08:49:12
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 02/12/18 at 07:30:17:

The point is that it is not drug money or related assets until a judge says "guilty". After that, if the feds want to give it to the DEA, fine; if the state of Ohio wants to give it to the state police, fine; if the city of Detroit wants to give it to the DPD, fine.

IP Logged

HK Fan
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #35 - 02/12/18 at 09:28:22
Print Post  
Mack Painter wrote on 02/12/18 at 08:49:12:
The point is that it is not drug money or related assets until a judge says "guilty". After that, if the feds want to give it to the DEA, fine; if the state of Ohio wants to give it to the state police, fine; if the city of Detroit wants to give it to the DPD, fine.

I believe that you're describing 'Criminal Asset Forfeiture' where the accused does have due process, With "Civil Assest Forfeiture' the accused has NO due process.

Quote:
Paul-Martin Foss, president and executive director of the Carl Menger Center for the Study of Money and Banking, an Arlington, Virginia-based think tank dedicated to educating the American people on the importance of sound money and sound banking, wrote:
Hardly a week goes by without a mention of some innocent person who is arrested and/or imprisoned for violating an unconstitutional law, an arcane regulation, or simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time. For completely innocuous conduct, they find themselves at the mercy of an uncaring, unfeeling bureaucratic apparatus that chews them up and spits them out.
As with so many of the other ongoing assaults on the vestigial liberty enjoyed by Americans, civil asset forfeiture is justified by its perpetrators as a means of keeping the people safe.
The program has enabled local and state police to make seizures and then have them “adopted” by federal agencies, which share in the proceeds. It allowed police departments and drug task forces to keep up to 80 percent of the proceeds of adopted seizures, with the rest going to federal agencies.
Civil forfeiture procedures are based on the premise that a person’s property can be complicit in the commission of a crime. This is laughable and legally unreasonable. The Constitution was specifically written to protect citizens from this and all other forms of unreasonable searches and seizures (Fourth Amendment), as well as to place due process protections between the governors and the governed (Fifth Amendment).

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/21731-civil-asset-forfei...

Also.....

Quote:
It's easy revenue for the county and the state. And, it's easy for them to do. All of the laws are set up to favor the State. There is no public trial. There is no public hearing. There is no jury. You have to hire your own lawyer. The State gets their own lawyer.

You then get to go to a hearing in some basement in some building that is not a courthouse. You talk to the State's attorney and the officer who took your stuff, like they'll ever say they were wrong. They want to make a deal with you. They want you to agree to let them keep your stuff. Or, they want you to agree to pay for it, or, if it's cash, split it with them. Bottom line, they want your stuff.

If you did this, by the way, you would go to jail for theft.

http://trialattorneytalk.blogspot.com/2013/11/asset-forfeiture-in-tennessee-what...

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #36 - 02/12/18 at 09:52:44
Print Post  
Why is it so hard for an American to believe that having cash is not a crime? WOW!!!!!!! Many of these folks are just average Joe's!

IP Logged

Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #37 - 02/12/18 at 10:04:50
Print Post  
The Stranger wrote on 02/12/18 at 09:52:44:
Why is it so hard for an American to believe that having cash is not a crime? WOW!!!!!!! Many of these folks are just average Joe's!

It's simpler and safer to use credit cards when traveling. That's what we do.

"Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change is a massive POLITICAL hoax."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."
Naturalized-Texan, 1/7/2009

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

IP Logged

DEW
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #38 - 02/12/18 at 10:25:21
Print Post  
Naturalized-Texan wrote on 02/12/18 at 10:04:50:

Unless your c.c. is lost or stolen.

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #39 - 02/12/18 at 10:35:15
Print Post  
Naturalized-Texan wrote on 02/12/18 at 10:04:50:

I was always a cash man until about 15 yrs ago. Then went debit card, last few yrs back to cash. I have had my card compromised three times in about 15yrs. Luckily always had my money returned after a few weeks by the bank.
BUT the one time they shut down my card/account on a Friday night, didn't find out until I was out to dinner and it was declined. Thank goodness the place was local and they just took a copy of my DL and my word. That would be tough if I was traveling a thousand miles from home.
Don't change the fact that stealing money is wrong no matter by who.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Chaffetz: Sessions is wortless....

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias