Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Sanctuary Cities
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Sanctuary Cities (Read 370 times)
Obilivious Maxinus
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Sanctuary Cities
Reply #10 - 02/10/18 at 13:04:15
Print Post  
The Federal government has ways of forcing (blackmailing) states into compliance.  Nothing gets a states attention faster than the mere thought of losing government funds.
The highway speed limits as an example, Montana did not have speed limit for many years along with a few other states. Nevada was another I think.  Government couldn't stand the idea of a state telling them to f o  it was either throw in with government rulings or lose the money. They caved and given enough time I think the sanctuary cities would too. It's worth a try IF it will be enforced. THAT is the problem, enforcement !

IP Logged

Kybeagle
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - 02/10/18 at 13:49:08
Print Post  
When this threat to withhold funding came up a couple of months ago, Seattle's mayor said they would not cooperate. They are instructing law enforcement to not obtain the citizenship status of people they arrest. If the city doesn't know they are illegal they don't have to turn them in, so they say.

We should've picked our own cotton! - J Davis
Si vis pacem, para bellum - P Renatus
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance - J Curran

IP Logged

WMK
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #12 - 02/11/18 at 07:07:55
Print Post  
Kybeagle wrote on 02/10/18 at 13:49:08:
When this threat to withhold funding came up a couple of months ago, Seattle's mayor said they would not cooperate. They are instructing law enforcement to not obtain the citizenship status of people they arrest. If the city doesn't know they are illegal they don't have to turn them in, so they say.

State or Federal, when a politician really has the will to enforce existing laws, they know how to apply demagoguery to push an issue. 
If this entire issue was framed and exploited under the heading of ‘national security’ rather than the “ nation of ‘immigrants” pap,  then you would have more blow-back from on-the-fence citizens not directly affected by illegals in their daily walk.

The only “security” that seems to be of genuine concern with politicians in this country now is the “security” of cheap labor for corporate America.

IP Logged

darroll
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 02/11/18 at 14:26:57
Print Post  
When are the Feds going to do something about these cities telling the feds to go pound salt?
I tried that once and paid dearly with the audits every year I paid taxes. Miss Allen won and so did I? (in my dreams) I said it's no wonder you are a Miss. The poor old gal must of bit it as I have not been audited in years.

IP Logged

countzero
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #14 - 02/11/18 at 14:51:57
Print Post  
The last time when states decided to become independent nations, a civil war followed.

Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers and it is the duty as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian Nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers.~John Jay
Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?~ Patrick Henry

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 02/11/18 at 14:54:07
Print Post  
Obilivious Maxinus wrote on 02/10/18 at 13:04:15:
The Federal government has ways of forcing (blackmailing) states into compliance.  Nothing gets a states attention faster than the mere thought of losing government funds.
The highway speed limits as an example, Montana did not have speed limit for many years along with a few other states. Nevada was another I think.  Government couldn't stand the idea of a state telling them to f o  it was either throw in with government rulings or lose the money. They caved and given enough time I think the sanctuary cities would too. It's worth a try IF it will be enforced. THAT is the problem, enforcement !

Here's the problem.  They have tried threatening these cities with withholding funds.  I believe this was stopped by the courts.

IF existing laws were enforced, we wouldn't have much of a problem.  We wouldn't be talking much about it at all.  Deportations would have been done and other immigration laws would have been followed.

When they figured out they could manipulate the laws for their own benefit (politicians), there went enforcement.

I think these mayors THINK they can do it.  Probably won't be settled until it gets to the higher or highest court.  In the meantime, it won't be enforced.

Lily003   Shocked Angry

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #16 - 02/11/18 at 14:55:31
Print Post  
darroll wrote on 02/11/18 at 14:26:57:
When are the Feds going to do something about these cities telling the feds to go pound salt?
I tried that once and paid dearly with the audits every year I paid taxes. Miss Allen won and so did I? (in my dreams) I said it's no wonder you are a Miss. The poor old gal must of bit it as I have not been audited in years.

Right!  When have one of us peon citizens gotten away with ignoring the law?????

Even with terrible crimes committed upon citizens by illegal aliens are told, nothing seems to matter.  Kate Steinle would be alive today BUT FOR a criminal illegal alien.  The football player in Indiana - same.  THEY DON'T CARE.

Lily003   Angry Shocked Undecided

IP Logged

killermccoy
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #17 - 02/11/18 at 19:33:17
Print Post  
You can hurt the rest of the cities but not LA.

California is one of only a couple of states that send more in tax revenue than it receives.

You cannot underestimate the wealth in that state and an economy that is somewhere between Britain and France.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Sanctuary Cities

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias