Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Is my memory correct on this?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Is my memory correct on this? (Read 422 times)
Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Is my memory correct on this?
02/12/18 at 03:32:51
Print Post  
Is it correct to say that, at one time, senior citizens were maybe THE most important voting constituency?

I seem to remember that politicians quaked in fear proposing any changes that would affect Social Security or Medicare in particular?  I seem to remember that group being talked about as "THEY VOTE."  So they tread very carefully messing with this group.  Seniors paid attention and protected certain issues.

So, how did the country go from that to illegal aliens?

Lily003   Shocked Embarrassed

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Is my memory correct on this?
Reply #1 - 02/12/18 at 10:08:33
Print Post  
Many seniors endlessly BELIEVED the sky was falling as propagandaed by the Dems. Now the dems have just moved onto the Illegals.

Where's my RECIPROCITY???????
Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"
They Repealed My II Amendment I had No Guns
They Disregarded My V Amendment I Was Innocent
They Violated My IV Amendment I Had Nothing To Hide
They Repealed My I Amendment "I COULD SAY NOTHING"

IP Logged

darroll
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 02/12/18 at 16:23:45
Print Post  
It was the Gray Panthers.
I think they all died off or got brainwashed by EERP.

IP Logged

WMK
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 02/13/18 at 00:50:17
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 02/12/18 at 03:32:51:
Is it correct to say that, at one time, senior citizens were maybe THE most important voting constituency?

I seem to remember that politicians quaked in fear proposing any changes that would affect Social Security or Medicare in particular?  I seem to remember that group being talked about as "THEY VOTE."  So they tread very carefully messing with this group.  Seniors paid attention and protected certain issues.

Your memory does not fail. Seniors were ‘feared’ because they VOTED; protecting that hard earned SS laid out for them like a pyramid scheme by Dems. long ago.

It’s a numbers racket that corrupt politicians always work. In this day and age, politicos have come to a place where they’re willing to revitalize that labor pool which keeps the ‘plantation’ profitable, even if it means going outside its own citizen-base.

IP Logged

Anton
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 02/13/18 at 05:42:04
Print Post  
My US army service (in 1958-1960) as a "forces of occupation" was a two year stint in the US Sector of south Germany.  This was followed by a six year program in the US Army active reserve (which included two week summer training each and every year). 

We reservists were ready to depart to foreign lands whenever called on to do so.  However when I called the Veterans Administration (at the age of 84) about my eligibility for benefits, I was denied.

The denial was founded upon a technicality which stated that my claims were only valid in "times of war".  I happened to be serving in the last year of the building of the Berlin Wall. But that was not good enough. 

The VA needs to re-think its stringent rules and to take into consideration the actual specific circumstances wherin we were drafted and sent to foreign lands to combat the communist threat.  The "times of war" clause is an example of bureaucratic thinking which is based upon monetary expediency.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 02/13/18 at 06:25:26
Print Post  
Anton wrote on 02/13/18 at 05:42:04:
My US army service (in 1958-1960) as a "forces of occupation" was a two year stint in the US Sector of south Germany.  This was followed by a six year program in the US Army active reserve (which included two week summer training each and every year). 

We reservists were ready to depart to foreign lands whenever called on to do so.  However when I called the Veterans Administration (at the age of 84) about my eligibility for benefits, I was denied.

The denial was founded upon a technicality which stated that my claims were only valid in "times of war".  I happened to be serving in the last year of the building of the Berlin Wall. But that was not good enough. 

The VA needs to re-think its stringent rules and to take into consideration the actual specific circumstances wherin we were drafted and sent to foreign lands to combat the communist threat.  The "times of war" clause is an example of bureaucratic thinking which is based upon monetary expediency.   

You should call your Congressman and discuss it.  It certainly can't hurt.  == BTW, Welcome to the Forum.

IP Logged

Obilivious Maxinus
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 02/13/18 at 10:00:33
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 02/12/18 at 03:32:51:

Good question Lily. Senior citizens still vote in large numbers. We are old enough to know when we are being lied to, cheated or put on ignore.  We are NOT having umpteen anchor babies or importing 3rd world diseased, uneducated immigrants into our country for the rest of us to support.   If we seniors are not outnumbered yet we soon will be.

IP Logged

Obilivious Maxinus
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 02/13/18 at 10:05:31
Print Post  
Anton wrote on 02/13/18 at 05:42:04:

Your not the only one who has run into this same problem with the VA.  Contact your  state Senators, here in Wyoming mine have been a big help to me.  Welcome to CF, hope to hear more from you. Let us know how this works out for you with your Senators.

IP Logged

Kybeagle
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #8 - 02/14/18 at 00:12:48
Print Post  
Senior citizens cannot be reliably depended upon to vote democrat. In fact, I would be surprised if experience didn't change practically everyone to a more conservative viewpoint. Illegals, on the other hand, wherever they are able to vote, will vote for the party that is perceived as more beneficial to them. And I imagine most legal immigrants also would, as they haven't had years to sort things out, and probably don't care anyway.

We should've picked our own cotton! - J Davis
Si vis pacem, para bellum - P Renatus
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance - J Curran
We're rollin' downhill like a snowball headed for hell - M Haggard

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Is my memory correct on this?

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias