Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Six ways GOP is trying to lose the amnesty/immigration fight
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Six ways GOP is trying to lose the amnesty/immigration fight (Read 94 times)
Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Six ways GOP is trying to lose the amnesty/immigration fight
02/12/18 at 16:26:15
Print Post  
They are still trying to sell out the American citizen.

I am praying that President Trump, in order to make a "deal" will not do it.

http://www.breitbart.com/2018-elections/2018/02/11/six-ways-gop-trying-lose-amne...

We all know why this is.  We can only count on President Trump to not let it happen.  Sorry, I still have my doubts, much though I don't want to.  I know Breitbart is tough on this issue, but someone HAS to be.

NOTHING benefits the American citizen.  It may benefit some in Congress, but NOTHING about illegal aliens, and the time and money we are wasting on them, benefits the citizens.  The President SAID that is his #1 concern.

I don't care about GOP politics AT ALL.  I care about the future of this country for our children and grandchildren.

Lily003   Angry Shocked Undecided

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Six ways GOP is trying to lose the amnesty/immigration fight
Reply #1 - 02/12/18 at 16:39:18
Print Post  
" This week’s Senate debate on immigration was designed by McConnell, and it helps an informal coalition of Democrats and business-first Republicans collect 60 votes to pass an amnesty and prevent any cutbacks in legal immigration.

McConnell designed the even-handed debate rule after helping Democrats’ retreat from their pro-amnesty, unpopular and damaging government shutdown mistake in January. His rule says Senators will start with an empty bill and insert whatever proposals get 60 votes.

McConnell could have followed the normal procedure he used in the tough fight over the tax bill — only allow a vote on a single option. For example, he could have allowed only an up-or-down vote on Grassley’s bill implementing Trump’s four-part amnesty-and-immigration proposal. That single-vote strategy would force red-state Democrats and business-first Republicans to vote for Grassley’s immigration-and-amnesty bill if they wanted to have any popular pro-American immigration-reform vote on their resume before the November election, even though it comes packaged with an amnesty.

But McConnell’s empty-bill rules means that many Senators can first fake a vote for Trump’s plan — and then swiftly push through a pro-business, cheap-labor amnesty.

That process can be accomplished if Democratic Senators coordinate to keep the vote for Trump’s plan just below the threshold of 60 votes. Once that fake pro-Trump vote is accomplished, then 11 or more business-first Republicans can jump over the Democrats to deliver 60 votes for the amnesty bill they prefer to pass, for example, the amnesty plan developed by the swinging Senators or perhaps the plan offered by amnesty enthusiast Sen. Jeff Flake."

Undecided

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 02/12/18 at 16:48:48
Print Post  
Mitch McConnell is 75 years old, and the 10th RICHEST Senator.  I assume his wife is making money working for the government also.

WHAT motivates people at this age and wealth to keep on hurting the American citizen?  Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) is older than that and is still doing it.  He and his wife are wealthy also.  So why do they keep it up?  Only answer I can come up with is power.

This is why we liked Donald Trump as a Presidential candidate.  He wasn't a lifelong politician and was already super wealthy.  Power - maybe.  This is a fight that he needs to be in the battle for the life of the country.  Mitch likes the power politics game.  Paul Ryan, another sellout.  I pray to God that Donald Trump gets the best DEAL for the American citizen.  DO NOT GIVE IN and treat it like it was a business transaction.  It is for the very life of the country.

Lily003   Angry

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 02/12/18 at 16:59:18
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 02/12/18 at 16:48:48:
Mitch McConnell is 75 years old, and the 10th RICHEST Senator.  I assume his wife is making money working for the government also.

WHAT motivates people at this age and wealth to keep on hurting the American citizen?  Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) is older than that and is still doing it.  He and his wife are wealthy also.  So why do they keep it up?  Only answer I can come up with is power.

This is why we liked Donald Trump as a Presidential candidate.  He wasn't a lifelong politician and was already super wealthy.  Power - maybe.  This is a fight that he needs to be in the battle for the life of the country.  Mitch likes the power politics game.  Paul Ryan, another sellout.  I pray to God that Donald Trump gets the best DEAL for the American citizen.  DO NOT GIVE IN and treat it like it was a business transaction.  It is for the very life of the country.

Lily003   Angry

Most feel as you do and in addition, like you are starting to wonder whether the promises made will be able to be kept. Trumps intentions are good but he is up against a deep and entrenched swamp. If this budget is any indication then the prospects are not good and there an awful lot of talk about totals for amnesty but very little as of late about funding for the wall. Let's hope that is just temporary. Once the Republicans leave office it's over unless permanent fixes are put in place. Then again we know there is no such thing as permanent in Washington which is full of schemers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Six ways GOP is trying to lose the amnesty/immigration fight

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias