Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Great Idea
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Great Idea (Read 452 times)
MoGal
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Great Idea
Reply #10 - 02/13/18 at 23:08:49
Print Post  
That made my jaw drop. I thought I was immune.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - 02/14/18 at 06:48:13
Print Post  
It certainly would not be hard to code the UPC Bars so the EBT Card would not pay for luxury items.  The Establishment has to WANT TO DO IT.  That is the problem.

IP Logged

Marine 13
Senior CF Member

Semper Fi!!

Reply #12 - 02/14/18 at 07:32:21
Print Post  
ConservativeOne wrote on 02/13/18 at 09:59:19:
Now trying getting it passed.

President Trump's new budget would severely restrict the kinds of foods that food stamp recipients could buy with the government assistance.

Recipients of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — SNAP — receive a monthly supplement that offers help purchasing food.

But Trump's proposal would require people who receive at least $90 a month from the program to get about half of their benefits in the form of a “USDA food package,” rather than by purchasing the food themselves, NPR reported.

The proposed change would affect more than 80 percent of people enrolled in SNAP.

The White House’s proposal would reduce government spending on SNAP by $129 billion over the next 10 years. Combined with other proposed changes to the program, the changes would shrink SNAP’s budget by $213 billion over the same amount of time, a 30 percent reduction.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/373507-trump-proposes-restricting-cho...

That's a good start, but far more needs to be done.  I am not one to call for government interference in family lives.  But in this case these individuals are collecting federal tax money, and those funds need to be regulated to ensure that are getting used properly.  I have seen people push a shopping cart filled with junk food and sodas to the register, and pay with food stamps.  For a brief period year before last, we were using food stamps.  Not a day went by that someone did not offer to buy my food stamps, or ask me to buy something for them.  So, I have two proposed changes that should be added to any SNAP reform bill.

1.  Do not allow families to buy junk food or sodas with food stamps.  This money that is given to them by the government is supposed to be used to provide nourishing meals for their family. 

2.  Adopt the Virginia work rule nation wide.  There is very little that this Commonwealth has, or is doing, right, but I think they have a good rule here.  The idea is to limit the necessity of SNAP, and get people working again.  The Virginia law states that any SNAP recipient between the age of 18 and 50 must work 20 hours a week in order to collect the benefits.  This 20 hours can be work for pay, or volunteer work.

No left turn on Red, White and Blue!!!

Once a Marine, always a Marine!!!

IP Logged

Gabriele
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 02/14/18 at 07:43:39
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 02/14/18 at 06:48:13:
It certainly would not be hard to code the UPC Bars so the EBT Card would not pay for luxury items.  The Establishment has to WANT TO DO IT.  That is the problem.

I've been wondering why they don't do this. We have a health savings account through work. I tried to by over the counter medicine with the card once and I couldn't. It only works with prescriptions and doctor charges, so how hard could it be?

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #14 - 02/14/18 at 08:33:39
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 02/13/18 at 13:18:37:
These SNAP programs have got to riddled with fraud.  I was at the food store in line to checkout and a woman in a City Bus Uniform paid for her food with a Lone Star Card which is the Texas Food Stamp EBT Card and got at least a $100 back. There are so many things wrong with that.

Can't do that in NC but I know ya could in NJ. In NC they just stand outside Wally World selling the EBT cards for cash.

Where's my RECIPROCITY???????
Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"
They Repealed My II Amendment I had No Guns
They Disregarded My V Amendment I Was Innocent
They Violated My IV Amendment I Had Nothing To Hide
They Repealed My I Amendment "I COULD SAY NOTHING"

IP Logged

darroll
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 02/14/18 at 16:15:50
Print Post  
I decided to make some money years ago.
I bought food stamps from shady people.
I went to buy something with them and they asked for proper ID.
Everything I showed them was not right.
I gave them all to a food stamp user.
They (the state) did do something right.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Great Idea

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias