Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › What's your plan if the Power Grid goes down...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What's your plan if the Power Grid goes down... (Read 1,852 times)
muffin
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: What's your plan if the Power Grid goes down...
Reply #10 - 03/04/18 at 20:24:06
Print Post  
IIIPercent wrote on 03/04/18 at 19:55:20:
What are you going to do muffin?

....I have a well on my property and I can connect a hand pump for fresh water if necessary . I always keep my car at least half full, I'm not sure if the car's electronics would be effected and whether it would still run. I keep an emergency supply of canned food on hand, but I would get to the local supermarket (armed) as soon as possible and fill a cart with as much canned foods and dog food, batteries etc as I could grab.....others would be there doing the same thing, and it would be chaos, store management wouldn't be able to stop anyone.  If that doesn't work, I'll come to your house.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.

IP Logged

Obilivious Maxinus
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - 03/04/18 at 20:45:12
Print Post  
In the event of an EMP attack  I will kiss my old butt goodbye. I am on oxygen 24 hrs a day, it has a computerized pressure gauge regulator which would no longer work.
I don't think I'd want to hang around long anyway.  I know I would feel differently about this if I was younger but for now, that's my answer.

IP Logged

Snezhinka
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 03/04/18 at 21:00:02
Print Post  
muffin wrote on 03/04/18 at 20:24:06:
....I have a well on my property and I can connect a hand pump for fresh water if necessary . I always keep my car at least half full, I'm not sure if the car's electronics would be effected and whether it would still run. I keep an emergency supply of canned food on hand, but I would get to the local supermarket (armed) as soon as possible and fill a cart with as much canned foods and dog food, batteries etc as I could grab.....others would be there doing the same thing, and it would be chaos, store management wouldn't be able to stop anyone.  If that doesn't work, I'll come to your house.

If the vehicle was built after 1980 and not stored in a faraday cage you are probably out of luck. The real problem is the damage to infrastructure as it could potentially take years to repair. All of the work would have to be done without electronics.

IP Logged

ceelu
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 03/04/18 at 21:02:43
Print Post  
I'll put my tent up in my back yard if my house isn't OK. Then I'll either fire up the wood stoves in the house (see first sentence) or make a fire in a fire pit by the tent with my stockpiled wood. When it's dark I'll flip on the tach lanterns as I have batteries at the ready (we lose power all the time due to wind storms and our power is fed by overhead lines). The BBQ does just fine as a stove or oven and old fashion cast iron skillets handle the heat A-OK. I'll elaborate no further, but you can guess barring being incinerated I'm somewhat prepared. Oh, uninvited guests will be eliminated.

IP Logged

muffin
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #14 - 03/04/18 at 21:07:55
Print Post  
Quote:
If the vehicle was built after 1980 and not stored in a faraday cage you are probably out of luck. The real problem is the damage to infrastructure as it could potentially take years to repair. All of the work would have to be done without electronics.

...what about all the planes in the air, would their electronics (engines) shut down?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.

IP Logged

Snezhinka
Ex Member

Reply #15 - 03/04/18 at 21:45:24
Print Post  
muffin wrote on 03/04/18 at 21:07:55:
...what about all the planes in the air, would their electronics (engines) shut down?

Unless you are flying in a restored WWII aircraft, the odds wouldnt be in your favor. The problem with an EMP is that they don't require the same yeild to inflict massive damage a country's infrastructure. While a 250kt air blast would kill everything in a 10 mile radius, a 250kt high altitude detonation would potentially impact hundreds of miles. The reality is though that North Korea doesn't have a delivery vehicle capable of this kind of precision.

IP Logged

Kybeagle
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #16 - 03/04/18 at 22:06:31
Print Post  
Protecting your resources would be a huge problem. Those folks who are lucky enough to have anything would be under constant attack by the have-nots. Law and order would no longer exist. If I were a young man, I think I would be buying property in Montana or someplace far from civilization.

We should've picked our own cotton! - J Davis
Si vis pacem, para bellum - P Renatus
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance - J Curran
We're rollin' downhill like a snowball headed for hell - M Haggard

IP Logged

ZeWazir
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #17 - 03/04/18 at 22:19:24
Print Post  
Kybeagle wrote on 03/04/18 at 22:06:31:
Protecting your resources would be a huge problem. Those folks who are lucky enough to have anything would be under constant attack by the have-nots. Law and order would no longer exist. If I were a young man, I think I would be buying property in Montana or someplace far from civilization.

Who says Montanans aren't civilized?

IP Logged

Kybeagle
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - 03/04/18 at 22:29:03
Print Post  
Bad choice of words. What I meant was that Montana, and other remote areas, Wyoming, Idaho, etc., would have lots of places to hide in after Armageddon. Sorry.

We should've picked our own cotton! - J Davis
Si vis pacem, para bellum - P Renatus
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance - J Curran
We're rollin' downhill like a snowball headed for hell - M Haggard

IP Logged

ZeWazir
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #19 - 03/04/18 at 22:36:24
Print Post  
Kybeagle wrote on 03/04/18 at 22:29:03:
Bad choice of words. What I meant was that Montana, and other remote areas, Wyoming, Idaho, etc., would have lots of places to hide in after Armageddon. Sorry.

Just pullin' yer leg. Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › What's your plan if the Power Grid goes down...

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias