Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsGun Rights › NRA files lawsuit saying Florida gun bill approved by Gov. Scott violates 2nd Amendment
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic NRA files lawsuit saying Florida gun bill approved by Gov. Scott violates 2nd Amendment (Read 249 times)
Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk Is Cheep

NRA files lawsuit saying Florida gun bill approved by Gov. Scott violates 2nd Amendment
03/09/18 at 23:40:23
Print Post  
NRA files lawsuit saying Florida gun bill approved by Gov. Scott violates 2nd Amendment
By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News

The National Rifle Association reacted Friday with a federal lawsuit after Florida lawmakers approved gun legislation that would raise the age to buy guns. The group's argument: that the proposed law violates the Second Amendment.

News of the lawsuit came just hours after Florida Gov. Rick Scott publicly went against allies in the NRA in signing a gun control bill that was drafted in response to the fatal school shooting in Parkland, Fla., on Feb. 14. Seventeen people were killed in that gun attack, attributed to a 19-year-old named Nokolas Cruz.

more

If You're Here To Teach, Then You've Much To Learn

IP Logged

Kybeagle
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: NRA files lawsuit saying Florida gun bill approved by Gov. Scott violates 2nd Amendment
Reply #1 - 03/10/18 at 01:32:42
Print Post  
I'm not sure how I feel about raising the age to 21. Here in WA the limit is 21 for handguns and 18 for rifles. I suppose if a person can be in the service they should be able to handle a firearm. But I also think many under 21 lack the necessary maturity to be trusted with a weapon. And that applies to everything, drinking, driving, and voting. We had an incident here a couple of years ago where an 18 year old tried to buy a rifle but could not pass the nics check. So he went home, stole his stepfather's Ruger 10/22, went to a local mall and murdered 5 people. Another 19 year old was able to legally buy a rifle and used it to kill his ex-girlfriend and 2 others. Maybe he would have killed her without the rifle, maybe not. I don't have the answers, but I do know that depriving law-abiding citizens of their rights will do little to solve the problem.

We should've picked our own cotton! - J Davis
Si vis pacem, para bellum - P Renatus
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance - J Curran
We're rollin' downhill like a snowball headed for hell - M Haggard

IP Logged

X
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: NRA files lawsuit saying Florida gun bill approved by Gov. Scott violates 2nd Amendment
Reply #2 - 03/28/18 at 16:44:37
Print Post  
People over 21 do the same evil things.

If this country says you are old enough to serve, then you're old enough to own firearms.

IP Logged

|Glitch|
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 04/12/18 at 04:49:36
Print Post  
I have been carrying firearms since I was 8 years old.  There is also nowhere in the Second Amendment where age is a consideration, but there is that pesky little phrase "...shall not be infringed."  Any age restrictions on the possession of a firearm is an infringement of that individual's inherent right.

The NRA was quite right to take Florida's law to court.  It clearly violates the Second Amendment.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsGun Rights › NRA files lawsuit saying Florida gun bill approved by Gov. Scott violates 2nd Amendment

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias