Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Retirement is Boring At Times
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Retirement is Boring At Times (Read 2,923 times)
dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Retirement is Boring At Times
03/21/18 at 07:17:54
Print Post  
It’s getting hard to find anything on TV to watch.  Fox News is getting to be too much.  I like watching programs about building things, but most of them are about log cabins or off–grid places in Alaska, so that gets boring.  “Alaska: The Last Frontier, Alaskan Bush People, Bering Sea Gold, Bering Sea Gold: Under The Ice, Gold Rush, Gold Rush: White Water, Yukon Men,” the list goes on.  Guess Alaska needs exposure.  “Moonshiners” is great.  Most so-called News shows are boring and sickening.  Local News used to cover mostly murder and mayhem, but now all News does it.  Lots of murder and mayhem going on. Thanks liberals.

I get a kick out of Tucker (FNC) then switching back and forth to Kennedy (FBN).  I like Hannity, but his routine is getting boring. Then Ingraham is a boring repeat of Hennity.  Then if one dares to watch a few seconds of CNN or MSNBC then all the FNC boring shows are less boring.  We used to watch old Johnny Carson reruns later at night, but Xfinity pulled it and runs other liberal crap sitcoms.   Of course there are all the Spanish stations.  Then Xfinity has so many NBC channels; just can’t get away from them. Spanish stations are better.    Some Mexican stations feature scanty clad ladies and lots of Mexican music.  Who cares if one can understand it the scanty clad ladies are entertaining.

Internet is has been boring for years.  Now Yahoo mail will no longer support Internet Explorer, but who cares – all they do is spout off liberal crap with Yahoo News.  Can’t look at mail folders without “News” videos or ads.  I hope they start taxing Internet so it will vanish and be replaced by other boring stuff.   Being retired is not all it’s cracked up to be.  If one is not busy working on fixing the house or doing yard work, then one watches TV. Actually, watching TV with the sound off.  With the sound off one can’t tell if it is in Spanish or English.  Mostly reruns of reruns.  Then there is “Tales of Wells Fargo” or “Gunsmoke” reruns. “I’ve Got a Secret” is great; they chain smoke on that show. 

Oh well, this is boring too. 

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Retirement is Boring At Times
Reply #1 - 03/21/18 at 07:33:46
Print Post  
I hear ya! I worked from 13 yrs old, after HS I average 70 hrs a week easy for over 20 yrs. Then it happened, forced retirement, heart attack, the blood disorder, then my lower back crushed. But my hobbies kept me busy. Well after a relapse in the fall I have no choice but to work. Only part time but even had to go against dr's orders. My dr bills will put me into a low income slum even with insurance.

dustymars wrote on 03/21/18 at 07:17:54:
It’s getting hard to find anything on TV to watch.  Fox News is getting to be too much.  I like watching programs about building things, but most of them are about log cabins or off–grid places in Alaska, so that gets boring.  “Alaska: The Last Frontier, Alaskan Bush People, Bering Sea Gold, Bering Sea Gold: Under The Ice, Gold Rush, Gold Rush: White Water, Yukon Men,” the list goes on.  Guess Alaska needs exposure.  “Moonshiners” is great.  Most so-called News shows are boring and sickening.  Local News used to cover mostly murder and mayhem, but now all News does it.  Lots of murder and mayhem going on. Thanks liberals.

I get a kick out of Tucker (FNC) then switching back and forth to Kennedy (FBN).  I like Hannity, but his routine is getting boring. Then Ingraham is a boring repeat of Hennity.  Then if one dares to watch a few seconds of CNN or MSNBC then all the FNC boring shows are less boring.  We used to watch old Johnny Carson reruns later at night, but Xfinity pulled it and runs other liberal crap sitcoms.   Of course there are all the Spanish stations.  Then Xfinity has so many NBC channels; just can’t get away from them. Spanish stations are better.    Some Mexican stations feature scanty clad ladies and lots of Mexican music.  Who cares if one can understand it the scanty clad ladies are entertaining.

Internet is has been boring for years.  Now Yahoo mail will no longer support Internet Explorer, but who cares – all they do is spout off liberal crap with Yahoo News.  Can’t look at mail folders without “News” videos or ads.  I hope they start taxing Internet so it will vanish and be replaced by other boring stuff.   Being retired is not all it’s cracked up to be.  If one is not busy working on fixing the house or doing yard work, then one watches TV. Actually, watching TV with the sound off.  With the sound off one can’t tell if it is in Spanish or English.  Mostly reruns of reruns.  Then there is “Tales of Wells Fargo” or “Gunsmoke” reruns. “I’ve Got a Secret” is great; they chain smoke on that show. 

Oh well, this is boring too. 

Where's my RECIPROCITY???????
Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"
They Repealed My II Amendment I had No Guns
They Disregarded My V Amendment I Was Innocent
They Violated My IV Amendment I Had Nothing To Hide
They Repealed My I Amendment "I COULD SAY NOTHING"

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - 03/21/18 at 07:42:29
Print Post  
When it come to TV, I agree with you.

I watch no network (ABC, CBS, and NBC) at all, and haven't for 10 years. I have zilch interest in sit coms and the rest of what they broadcast.

I like watching the old TV programs the most, ones that you mentioned, and others.

I also like the old movies, like TMC shows,  like Kansas City Confidential that was on the other night.

Also, I re watched Charlie Varrick (forget what channel) a few nights ago.

Right now I'm watching FOX News describe how the Austin bomber blew himself up. I guess one can say: He went out with a bang!

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 03/21/18 at 07:45:07
Print Post  
I always thought "Retirement would be Great", but there are times like Dusty said, Boring.  I still work three days a week.  Sometimes those four I am off get very boring.  Nothing on TV with 300 stations.  The reruns are the best.  There are a few good shows on, but not many.  Baseball season is about to start and that will occupy my time playing Fantasy Baseball.  I think about places I would like to travel to, but I don't have the confidence in driving long distances like I used to.  I feel good but Retirement is not all it is cracked up to be.

IP Logged

Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk Is Cheep

Reply #4 - 03/21/18 at 08:31:50
Print Post  
I retired fully in 2006.   I recall those first few months.....sitting there on the back porch, feeling like I was supposed to be somewhere, but just didn't know where.  Cheesy

If You're Here To Teach, Then You've Much To Learn

IP Logged

pentagon
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 03/21/18 at 08:59:25
Print Post  
well i am age 70 now, be 71 in 4 months, and been retired since 2009, and enjoyed the first few years but had a stroke in early 2014 and open heart surgery the following year. 
so now I am kind of house bound though wife works until end of this year when she retires also. 

But yeah, worked since I was a teen, think 16 or 15? and had enough of change of bosses due to company being sold multiple times etc. 

I had so many hobbies in middle age, never thought I would get bored, but physical limitations due to age does play a factor.   Tongue

As for man, his days are as grass:  as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.  For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more. -- Psalms 103; 15-16

IP Logged

AuntieLynn11
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 03/21/18 at 09:17:05
Print Post  
I am still holding down four jobs.  If I had known I would have this kind of demand for my services, I would have managed my repertoire better...

If I watch TV, it's American Heroes Channel...

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 03/21/18 at 09:18:24
Print Post  
I am much younger then y'all but I was doing fine until the money ran out!
I'm an avid shooter, reloaded and hunter. Love spending time in the woods.

Where's my RECIPROCITY???????
Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"
They Repealed My II Amendment I had No Guns
They Disregarded My V Amendment I Was Innocent
They Violated My IV Amendment I Had Nothing To Hide
They Repealed My I Amendment "I COULD SAY NOTHING"

IP Logged

muffin
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #8 - 03/21/18 at 09:19:22
Print Post  
rescue some poor mutt.....hang out at the local dog park, and make new friends Smiley

Tomorrow is promised to no one.

IP Logged

MoGal
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #9 - 03/21/18 at 09:23:23
Print Post  
And that's why I still work (68).  Work from home on my schedule, although days are sometimes long (and sometimes they are not). Love my clients; they are like friends and depend on me. Couldn't do much anyway with a 13-year-old in the house, but the Big Guy upstairs was kind to give me a talent I can use from home and make $$.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Retirement is Boring At Times

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias