Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › What can Conservatives do to appeal to Millennials....
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) What can Conservatives do to appeal to Millennials.... (Read 805 times)
ZeWazir
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: What can Conservatives do to appeal to Millennials....
Reply #10 - 05/14/18 at 00:50:01
Print Post  
First and foremost, Conservative parents and grandparents need to be functioning, strong Christians. The Word of God is what many millennials are lacking, and that lack is a dissatisfaction in their lives which leads to a lot of other social problems as they seek secular solutions to their lack of a spiritual life. Christian conservatives need to be more vocal about their faith, and the lift faith gives to every day living.

Second, conservatives need to start taking back the education system. The thing is, despite federal and state mandates on curriculum, testing parameters, etc.; ultimate control of public schools still lies within the local school boards. At least for now.

Conservatives across the nation need to start running for school board positions. From there conservatives can start having influence on how a school district meets the mandates from state and feds, what textbooks are used in the classrooms, hire administrators and influence the hiring of teachers, and write district policies on matters such as student free speech (ending the progressive suppression of non-progressive ideals) student led prayer, even training and arming school staff.

If we end - or at least mitigate - progressive influence in our education system, it will go a long way in regaining the Republic.

IP Logged

cloudslicer
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - 05/14/18 at 08:32:16
Print Post  
You need a slogan:

"Would you trust the same government that brought you the war in Iraq to manage your health?"

Lead with an agreement then disagree with their causes:

Climate Change: "I agree that the human race influences the environment, but by how much? 1% 2% 10%? The EPA when Obama was President reported that 97.5% of all CO2 is from natural sources. Besides plastics in the ocean are a greater threat, plants increase their consumption of CO2 when exposed to higher levels"

Its hard at first but once you fold their distrust of government back upon the progressive ideology then it becomes easy.  You see, they have the basis for conservationism; distrust of the state and individualism. Its just been twisted with lies and propaganda.

Arguing logic with a leftist is like administering medicine to the dead. They exist to be defeated, and they never consoled when their self inflicted ruin occurs.

IP Logged

dumpapolitician
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #12 - 05/14/18 at 12:51:35
Print Post  
It does start with the schools.  All three of my millennial sons are liberal.  We have some very interesting conversations.  What drives me insane is the fact that they constantly complain about the liberal agenda - high taxes and homelessness but they continue to vote liberal.  Its all because of social issues.  They believe conservatives hate gays and are all bible thumping people.   
They are having a difficult time right now explaining their liberal agenda when things are going so well with Trump.  They are really screaming right now with Seattles head tax proposal.

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 05/14/18 at 15:04:59
Print Post  
dumpapolitician wrote on 05/14/18 at 12:51:35:
It does start with the schools.  All three of my millennial sons are liberal.  We have some very interesting conversations.  What drives me insane is the fact that they constantly complain about the liberal agenda - high taxes and homelessness but they continue to vote liberal.  Its all because of social issues.  They believe conservatives hate gays and are all bible thumping people.   
They are having a difficult time right now explaining their liberal agenda when things are going so well with Trump.  They are really screaming right now with Seattles head tax proposal. 

Well they can move to Illinois, who is proposing another 1% per year in property tax to fund the pension mess they are in.

Your annual property tax + another 1% of your property's value every year for 30 years to pay for pensions for government employees.  It will effectively kill the value of your property because no one will want to buy it with that hanging over their heads.  So all of us who have worked to have a home will lose its value on top of the increased property tax.

Have to pay for Durbin's refugees, Rahm's sanctuary city, and all the other gimmes sucking off the government tax rolls.

This is a shining example of Democrat rule at its worst.

Lily003   Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

USMC1967
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #14 - 05/14/18 at 15:52:18
Print Post  
Before I became a republican, a republican friend would say; "take your pay check in the voting booth for one last look before casting your ballot".

I did, I became a republican, then a conservative.  Wink

Millennials need to read Reagan or at least some of his quotes;

Quote:
Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15. ~Ronald Reagan

Government always finds a need for whatever money it gets. ~Ronald Reagan

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much. ~Ronald Reagan

The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would steal them away. ~Ronald Reagan
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/ronald_reagan

.When the Media Promotes Violence Against the People, They become the "Enemy of the People". .
http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/13/establishment-media-antifa-violence/

Democrats Real Aim: 'I'm just glad we ruined Brett Kavanaugh's life', ~Stephen Colbert .

What is an assault rifle;
https://ijr.com/2016/06/627943-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-assault-rifles-...

IP Logged

cloudslicer
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 05/14/18 at 16:01:37
Print Post  
Quote:

Yes the same experience. Which is why I keep telling them that their perception of conservatism is really just a Hollywood stereotype. Most don't even know what the definition of a Liberal is and are shocked to find out its free markets and limited government. In fact if you follow the strict definition of the words you can be both a liberal and a conservative.

Arguing logic with a leftist is like administering medicine to the dead. They exist to be defeated, and they never consoled when their self inflicted ruin occurs.

IP Logged

Midwest
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #16 - 05/14/18 at 17:22:07
Print Post  
As a Millennial I can't say I have any legit advice besides keep telling the truth, don't back down when being called a racist/sexist/LGBTphobic/xenophobic, be creative when being pro-America, and be creative when espousing the "brand" that is conservatism.  I can say that Ted Cruz, how he dealt with criticism on the campaign trail from the left, was quite clever.

I didn't become more right leaning necessarily due to anything the conservatives did that would be considered appealing. I became more conservative due to some thinking on a personal level.

Though a lot of the worldly branding of conservatism is more like an ill-fitted suit; liberalism is more fitted. In the past few years conservatism has gotten better at getting that ill-fitted suit to become more slim. So, I'd guess, half the battle is branding.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #17 - 05/14/18 at 17:44:01
Print Post  
cloudslicer wrote on 05/14/18 at 16:01:37:
Yes the same experience. Which is why I keep telling them that their perception of conservatism is really just a Hollywood stereotype. Most don't even know what the definition of a Liberal is and are shocked to find out its free markets and limited government. In fact if you follow the strict definition of the words you can be both a liberal and a conservative.

Where did you hear that definition?  It isn't any I have heard. 

IP Logged

USMC1967
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - 05/14/18 at 19:05:56
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 05/14/18 at 17:44:01:
Where did you hear that definition?  It isn't any I have heard. 

Classical Liberalism.

More accurate; https://www.mises.org/library/what-classical-liberalism

.When the Media Promotes Violence Against the People, They become the "Enemy of the People". .
http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/13/establishment-media-antifa-violence/

Democrats Real Aim: 'I'm just glad we ruined Brett Kavanaugh's life', ~Stephen Colbert .

What is an assault rifle;
https://ijr.com/2016/06/627943-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-assault-rifles-...

IP Logged

ZeWazir
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #19 - 05/14/18 at 21:34:39
Print Post  
cloudslicer wrote on 05/14/18 at 16:01:37:

That's because the humanist progressives corrupted the term "liberal" after their agenda was soundly rejected in the 50's. So they repackaged their humanist-communist agenda under the more acceptable label of "liberal", even though most of their agenda is counter to the original principles of liberalism.

The media glommed onto the new label, and the rest, as they say, is history. (As the U.S. of A will be if we don't reverse course REAL soon.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › What can Conservatives do to appeal to Millennials....

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias