Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › The Current Democrat and Republican Parties Are Dead
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The Current Democrat and Republican Parties Are Dead (Read 492 times)
countzero
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: The Current Democrat and Republican Parties Are Dead
Reply #10 - 06/13/18 at 17:46:42
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 06/13/18 at 17:16:50:
There is no such thing as an Independent Voter.  Everyone including yourself is locked into one Party or the Other.  Would you vote Democrat?  I doubt it.  You are a Republican.  50 years ago, there were people who would vote Republican one time and Democrat the next.  The Parties were not so different.  The only thing the candidates try to do now is get everyone out to vote, not convince them to vote Republican.  There are No Independents. 

How are they different now? Republican party and democrat party are going to both vote for amnesty.

Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers and it is the duty as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian Nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers.~John Jay
Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?~ Patrick Henry

IP Logged

Obilivious Maxinus
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - 06/13/18 at 19:00:40
Print Post  
countzero wrote on 06/13/18 at 17:46:42:
How are they different now? Republican party and democrat party are going to both vote for amnesty.

When they do America as we know it is finished !  THAT has been the goal of both political parties for several years.  Not all but many, enough to throw us into the trash heap of history.

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #12 - 06/14/18 at 08:15:41
Print Post  
There is no such thing as an Independent Voter.  Everyone including yourself is locked into one Party or the Other.  Would you vote Democrat?  I doubt it.  You are a Republican.  50 years ago, there were people who would vote Republican one time and Democrat the next.  The Parties were not so different.  The only thing the candidates try to do now is get everyone out to vote, not convince them to vote Republican.  There are No Independents. 

I'm an Independent as far as registration. While I may vote Republican, all Independent registered voters don't vote Republican. That's my point. Now, after seeing the accomplishments of Trump, and that he's not to ogre they thought he was, many, I believe, will now vote for him. Surely, many more blacks and Hispanics will in 2020.

My point is that, I believe, more and more non Republicans, to include blue dog Democrats, Independents, and minor 3rd party voters (like, I was once registered in the American Party) would likely join a Trump Nationalist Party. My point, they were not necessarily voting Republican until now. Trump is changing voter's minds to where they would entertain and join a Trump Nationalist Party. These voters would help offset Republican voters that stayed loyal to the existing Republican Party. That's what I meant about taking a poll. If not enough voters would support such a Trump Nationalist Party so as to overcome the numbers of Democrat voters, then yes, we may as well stick with the lesser of evils -- the Republican Party.

IP Logged

ConservativeOne
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 06/14/18 at 08:21:28
Print Post  
WAlt wrote on 06/14/18 at 08:15:41:
I'm an Independent as far as registration. While I may vote Republican, all Independent registered voters don't vote Republican. That's my point. Now, after seeing the accomplishments of Trump, and that he's not to ogre they thought he was, many, I believe, will now vote for him. Surely, many more blacks and Hispanics will in 2020.

My point is that, I believe, more and more non Republicans, to include blue dog Democrats, Independents, and minor 3rd party voters (like, I was once registered in the American Party) would likely join a Trump Nationalist Party. My point, they were not necessarily voting Republican until now. Trump is changing voter's minds to where they would entertain and join a Trump Nationalist Party. These voters would help offset Republican voters that stayed loyal to the existing Republican Party. That's what I meant about taking a poll. If not enough voters would support such a Trump Nationalist Party so as to overcome the numbers of Democrat voters, then yes, we may as well stick with the lesser of evils -- the Republican Party.

Smiley

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #14 - 06/14/18 at 08:40:36
Print Post  
countzero wrote on 06/13/18 at 17:46:42:

That is not an honest question, so I won't bother.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 06/14/18 at 08:46:07
Print Post  
WAlt wrote on 06/14/18 at 08:15:41:

If you vote Republican all the time, you are not Independent.  If sometimes a voter went Democrat and sometimes Republican, that is what makes an Independent Voter.  The Independent is no more. Everyone is locked into one party because they are so different.

IP Logged

MoGal
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #16 - 06/14/18 at 09:35:58
Print Post  

You might be right. I used to vote for both parties, focusing on the candidates. I haven't been able to vote for a Democrat for about 9 years..now I vote a straight R ticket.

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #17 - 06/14/18 at 11:43:22
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 06/14/18 at 08:46:07:
If you vote Republican all the time, you are not Independent.  If sometimes a voter went Democrat and sometimes Republican, that is what makes an Independent Voter.  The Independent is no more. Everyone is locked into one party because they are so different.

I know what you are saying. Your are saying that, even though I'm a Independent, if I vote straight Republican, then in essence I am a Republican
Again, I'm still a registered Independent -- even though I vote Republican -- and I can't vote in the Republican primaries. I'm not a Republican nor would I want to be one, especially at this juncture.

Some Independents split their votes between each party/candidate (based on issues), some Independents (like me) don't.

In any event, being an Independent, and what my point has been from the beginning, the Republican Party would lose my vote (because I'm not a Republican and have no loyalty to the party, therefore the party could take me for granted that I wouldn't bail) if I chose to join a Trump Nationalist Party.

Same for many more registered Independents, Democrats, and minor 3rd party voters. These are the voters that could offset votes for the Democrat Party as well as the Republican Party -- and why it may be possible for a Trump Nationalist Party to be viable, and win.

Further, I think if the day were to come that a Trump Nationalist Party was gaining so much steam and size that it was exceeding the Republican Party in number, but still not in numbers enough to defeat a Democrat POTUS candidate going into a national presidential election -- I think it would force many Republicans to vote for the Trump candidate in order to defeat the Democrats. If not, we would probably wind up what we had when Perot split the vote and Clinton won by a minority number. I voted for Perot. Again, I'm an Independent.

But our country has changed so much for the worse since Bill Clinton won the POTUS. If the same situation were to present itself today, I wouldn't vote for a 3rd party candidate if I thought the leftist Democrats would retake the reins of power. Everything is relative.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › The Current Democrat and Republican Parties Are Dead

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias