Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Trump's USSC nominee Brett Kavanaugh
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump's USSC nominee Brett Kavanaugh (Read 1,128 times)
Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Trump's USSC nominee Brett Kavanaugh
Reply #50 - 07/11/18 at 12:16:54
Print Post  
The Stranger wrote on 07/11/18 at 11:50:56:
Because going in they always pick the furthest left candidate, no chance of them moving right.
The R's are always looking to appease the RINO'S and LIBERALS with someone that can be worked with. Another words they don't pick someone far enough to the right.

Trump doesn't even come close to fitting that description. That's why he nominated 2 strict constructionists, so far,  for the Supreme Court.

I suspect that before he leaves office in 2025 he will have the opportunity to nominate at least 2 more strict constructionists to the Supreme Court.

"Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change is a massive POLITICAL hoax."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."
Naturalized-Texan, 1/7/2009

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #51 - 07/11/18 at 12:19:37
Print Post  
Naturalized-Texan wrote on 07/11/18 at 12:16:54:
Trump doesn't even come close to fitting that description. That's why he nominated 2 strict constructionists for the Supreme Court.

I suspect that before he leaves office in 2025 he will have the opportunity to nominate at least 2 more strict constructionists to the Supreme Court.

You think he is a Strict Constructionist? I think Trump settled.

Where's my RECIPROCITY???????
Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"
They Repealed My II Amendment I had No Guns
They Disregarded My V Amendment I Was Innocent
They Violated My IV Amendment I Had Nothing To Hide
They Repealed My I Amendment "I COULD SAY NOTHING"

IP Logged

USMC1967
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #52 - 07/11/18 at 14:20:17
Print Post  
HK Fan wrote on 07/11/18 at 09:38:40:
Imo, Kavanaugh is not a strict constitutionalist when it comes to 'evaluating' the Second Amendment.

https://reason.com/volokh/2018/07/09/judge-kavanaugh-and-the-second-amendment

I disagree;
(From the link)
Quote:
But our task is to apply the Constitution and the precedents of the Supreme Court, regardless of whether the result is one we agree with as a matter of first principles or policy. See Texas v. Johnson, 491 U.S. 397, 420–21 (1989) (Kennedy, J., concurring) [striking law against flag-burning] ("The hard fact is that sometimes we must make decisions we do not like. We make them because they are right, right in the sense that the law and the Constitution, as we see them, compel the result."). A lower-court judge has a special obligation, moreover, to strictly and faithfully follow the lead of the "one supreme Court" established by our Constitution, regardless of whether the judge agrees or disagrees with the precedent.

.When the Media Promotes Violence Against the People, They become the "Enemy of the People". .
http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/13/establishment-media-antifa-violence/

.https://freeourinternet.org/

What is an assault rifle ?
https://ijr.com/2016/06/627943-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-assault-rifles-...

It is my belief that conformity is a far more dangerous weapon than an AR-15.
~Quinn Keon

IP Logged

HK Fan
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #53 - 07/11/18 at 15:57:08
Print Post  
USMC1967 wrote on 07/11/18 at 14:20:17:
I disagree;
(From the link)

I hope you're right, but I have my reservations.

Quote:
"The Court in Heller affirmatively approved a slew of gun laws—machine-gun bans, concealed-carry laws, felon-in-possession laws, and the like—without analyzing them under strict scrutiny," he wrote "The Court approved them based on a history- and tradition-based test, not strict scrutiny. Indeed, these laws might not have passed muster under a strict scrutiny analysis."
While Kavanaugh's opinion in the 2011 Heller case is detailed on the matter of how the Supreme Court's gun-rights precedent ought to be applied and has, in large part, earned him the endorsement of the leading gun-rights groups, it isn't a guarantee that Kavanaugh will bring the same point of view to the High Court where he will sometimes be setting precedents instead of always abiding by them. In his opinion, Kavanaugh notes that "our task as a lower court here is narrow and constrained by precedent." He went on to say that, as a longtime resident of D.C., he wasn't convinced that gun registration and regulation are necessarily bad policy.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/brett-kavanaughs-view-second-amendment/

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Trump's USSC nominee Brett Kavanaugh

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias