Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › NFL player union files grievance over new anthem policy
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) NFL player union files grievance over new anthem policy (Read 308 times)
Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: NFL player union files grievance over new anthem policy
Reply #10 - 07/11/18 at 16:38:21
Print Post  
muffin wrote on 07/11/18 at 13:15:16:
…..maybe soccer will replace football and put these prima donnas out of work. Undecided

Not going to happen!  It has already been tried in the USA.

However, younger people have been indoctrinated that it is a superior sport. 

I think it is fun to play, not so fun to watch.  I remember Rush doing a lot of talk about the worries about hits to the head.  He came up with a parody group called "KOOKS," which stood for "Keep Our Own Kids Safe."

With liberals out to destroy football, however, you never know.

Lily003  Shocked

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - 07/11/18 at 16:42:23
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 07/11/18 at 13:30:05:
The NFL says if not standing for the Anthem, they should stay in the locker room.  That was a bad idea to start with.  The ones who stay in the locker room will get the same pressure as when the were kneeling.  Then when a whole team stays inside it will be looked at as a Protest.  The NFL Owners are so stupid.  The NFL Players are so stupid.  Both of them might as well stand on the 50 Yard Line before games and "Shoot the Finger" to the Fans.  It would insult the fans no less than what they are doing now.

You are right.  They should all be forced to be out and standing.  All of us had parts of our jobs that maybe we didn't care for.  But we would have been FIRED for not doing them.  I see this exactly the same.

They CLAIM they are not protesting for themselves - it is for the downtrodden.  I call BULL on it.  Even with every benefit the USA has to offer, they still hate on it.

You are right.  They are all stupid.  The bosses ought to crack down on their employees.

Lily003  Huh Angry

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #12 - 07/11/18 at 17:34:27
Print Post  
Nyte_Byrd wrote on 07/11/18 at 14:44:04:
Is soccer still considered a sport?  Cheesy

How anyone can sit through hours watching with final scores ending up 1-0 a lot is beyond me.

If a team is ahead 2-0, the game is out of reach.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 07/11/18 at 17:43:12
Print Post  
Naturalized-Texan wrote on 07/11/18 at 16:03:18:
The NFL should tell the players that if they don't stand for the Anthem, they should stay in the locker room until the game is over [b]AND forfeit their salary for that game. That would quickly end all disrespect of America.[/b]

There is one thing stopping that........The Players Union.

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #14 - 07/11/18 at 19:10:01
Print Post  
This was posted on Facebook the other day, and I said it matters not what the NFL does now as I'm done with it.

IMO, the NFL management only exacerbated a problem that should have been nipped in the bud from the get go.

During this off season they should have re written the rules that no protests of any kind (no matter how honorable or meritorious they might be) shall be allowed once a player takes the field, period.

Further, the new rules shall state that the entire team will take the field and observe the anthem protocol (standing at attention, not talking with one another -- at a minimum). Any player in violation of protocol will be fined (the first time).

On a second offense the player will be suspended one game without pay. A third offense and the player will be suspended five games without pay. Etc. etc.

My thoughts, giving the players the option of staying in the locker room during the anthem will be taken by many fans as a protest and/or no respect for the flag, country, patriotism, etc.

Further, changing the rules requiring all players to remain in the locker room until after the playing of the anthem is the coward's way out. And further, if you try to keep patriotic players off the filed -- that want to honor and show respect for the flag -- NFL management will be guilty of discrimination and a player's exercise of Constitutional rights. Because if I was a player, no way is management going to restrict me from taking the field and observing the National Anthem just because a bunch of ignorant unpatriotic players don't want to show their respect.

I see everything that is happening now as a lose-lose proposition.  The NFL management has bungled this matter, IMO. They are so wrapped up in PC that now they are tangled up in it.

The only other viable solution I can see (in lieu of all the players taking the field and observing anthem protocol) is to let players who don't want to observe anthem protocol stay in the locker room and those players that want to take the field do so, and observe anthem protocol, and no protests.

But they will do that (stay in the locker room) at their own peril, as again, many fans will take that as a protest and boycott the games.

But again, for me, the damage has been done. I don't intend to patronize the NFL again this season unless players are made to take the field, not protest, and observe anthem protocol.

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 07/11/18 at 23:57:01
Print Post  
Walt,

They have prolonged the inevitable.  They are either going to cave completely or order them on the field standing.

In a business sense, we know which way they should go.

But a lot of younger people have been indoctrinated and they don't really care as much.  So who knows which way it will go.

Lily003  Shocked Angry

IP Logged

LEPhunt
CF Presidents Club

Oderint dum metuant

Reply #16 - 07/12/18 at 06:42:20
Print Post  
Unions are as dead as the NFL !

IP Logged

TLSG87
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #17 - 07/12/18 at 13:57:47
Print Post  
Personally, I think we all have better things to do with our time than watch a bunch of pampered, ungrateful thugs in pads and helmets disrespect the nation and run around catching a ball.

The NFL is a politicized joke, and it has been long before this kneeling crap started.

IP Logged

Midwest
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - 07/12/18 at 20:25:36
Print Post  
If you don't want to sing it then don't sing it. Just stand, put your hands to your sides, and deal with it for three or so minutes.

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #19 - 07/12/18 at 20:45:04
Print Post  
Midwest wrote on 07/12/18 at 20:25:36:
If you don't want to sing it then don't sing it. Just stand, put your hands to your sides, and deal with it for three or so minutes.

That's too logical!  You don't want to obey the man, do you?

Lily003  Huh Shocked Embarrassed

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › NFL player union files grievance over new anthem policy

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias