Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › When did ‘Nationalism,’ ‘Alt-Right’ and ‘Populism’ become bad words?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) When did ‘Nationalism,’ ‘Alt-Right’ and ‘Populism’ become bad words? (Read 391 times)
KevinWhiteman
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

When did ‘Nationalism,’ ‘Alt-Right’ and ‘Populism’ become bad words?
08/05/18 at 18:36:11
Print Post  
Don't let the liberal media TELL you how to speak or think.

http://kevinwhiteman.com/when-did-nationalism-alt-right-and-populism-become-bad-...

Deus Vult!
IP Logged

countzero
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: When did ‘Nationalism,’ ‘Alt-Right’ and ‘Populism’ become bad words?
Reply #1 - 08/05/18 at 20:37:41
Print Post  
When the fascists said so.

Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers and it is the duty as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian Nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers.~John Jay
Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?~ Patrick Henry

IP Logged

newt2008
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - 08/05/18 at 21:56:29
Print Post  
They became dirty words when people on the right allowed the left to make them dirty. I am a nationalist and proud of it.  The term alt right is a nonsense term to me. It was invented by the left to marginalize effective voices on the right - primarily you tubers and twatterers who lean right or who supports/defend President Trump.

Ms. Borelli

"Within the pages of the Bible are the answers to all the problems men face.
"Facts are stubborn things.
"[Conservatives] believe everyday is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe everyday is April 15th.
"We cannot play innocents abroad in a world that is not innocent.
"People who are pro abortion are already born.
"The problem with liberals is not that they are ignorant, the problem is they know so much that is not so.
Ronald Reagan

IP Logged

killermccoy
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 08/05/18 at 23:00:22
Print Post  
newt2008 wrote on 08/05/18 at 21:56:29:
They became dirty words when people on the right allowed the left to make them dirty. I am a nationalist and proud of it.  The term alt right is a nonsense term to me. It was invented by the left to marginalize effective voices on the right - primarily you tubers and twatterers who lean right or who supports/defend President Trump.

Ms. Borelli

It is becoming quite common for the alt-right to be associated with the hardest of the hard right which definitely leans towards not nationalism but white nationalism.

There is nothing wrong with nationalism and populism but Trump himself has disavowed the alt-right on multiple occasions.

There are even conservatives/Trump supporters going to these Antifa(who is the alt left) vs alt right rallies to get into fights with both groups equally which is the most powerful statement of all to the leftists who really are uneducated on who we as conservatives and Trump supporters really are as people.

Alt-right was not invented by the left either.  Richard Spencer coined the term himself.  If you don't know who Richard Spencer is, look him up.  He isn't someone you would call a pal of yours.

Trump has also disavowed Richard Spencer.

We are not alt-right.  Just like alt-left is the extreme of the left (antifa), alt-right is our extreme.  Antifa doesn't consider themselves communists and do not like to be considered as such.  Alt-right is the same, they do not like being called white supremacists.

Same packaging, different label.

IP Logged

Canis Minor
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 08/06/18 at 07:25:57
Print Post  
countzero wrote on 08/05/18 at 20:37:41:
When the fascists said so.

Yep, that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Also, most modern conservatives aren't even very far right. For example, if one looks at the policies of John F Kennedy he would be a conservative by today's standards. It's not that the right has moved father right (the right has actually moved to center) it's that the left has moved very far left.

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 08/06/18 at 23:35:30
Print Post  
killermccoy wrote on 08/05/18 at 23:00:22:
It is becoming quite common for the alt-right to be associated with the hardest of the hard right which definitely leans towards not nationalism but white nationalism.

There is nothing wrong with nationalism and populism but Trump himself has disavowed the alt-right on multiple occasions.

There are even conservatives/Trump supporters going to these Antifa(who is the alt left) vs alt right rallies to get into fights with both groups equally which is the most powerful statement of all to the leftists who really are uneducated on who we as conservatives and Trump supporters really are as people.

Alt-right was not invented by the left either.  Richard Spencer coined the term himself.  If you don't know who Richard Spencer is, look him up.  He isn't someone you would call a pal of yours.

We are not alt-right.  Just like alt-left is the extreme of the left (antifa), alt-right is our extreme.  Antifa doesn't consider themselves communists and do not like to be considered as such.  Alt-right is the same, they do not like being called white supremacists.

I am what I say I am.

No one is going to tell me what I can and can not be.

Lily003   Huh

IP Logged

CF Admin
CF Administrator

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 08/06/18 at 23:40:43
Print Post  
No idea what alt right is. Liberals use it as some kind of negative thing hyphenated what ever is in their collective minds.

We are conservatives.

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 08/06/18 at 23:41:21
Print Post  
newt2008 wrote on 08/05/18 at 21:56:29:

Ms. Borelli

I agree.  I believe in USA first.  As other countries should believe in themselves first.  If the USA does well, then other countries can be helped.  Tearing it down is a terrible mistake for the whole world.

Lily003   Huh

IP Logged

newt2008
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #8 - 08/07/18 at 01:06:33
Print Post  
killermccoy wrote on 08/05/18 at 23:00:22:

I have to disagree. I am fully aware of who Richard Spencer is and I am also fully aware that he has been around long before the left started branding all Trump supporters as "alt right". Richard Spencer and his followers are a very small number compared to the millions of good, honest Americans who wanted to stop the destruction of their country. I don't see what's "alt right" about that.

The folks in places like Portland who are willing to take on antifa are simply people who are sick and fed up of seeing their fellow citizens get their heads bashed in fir the crime of attending a political rally. I do not understand what is "alt right" about that. No, candidate Trump/President Trump did not start the violence. The very fake news hysterical drive by media and the left did.

The left has introduced alt right and added it to all their other insults- racists, nazis, islamaphobes, homophobes, deplorables,  bitter clingers, fundamentalists, and yes, white supremacists. It's all part of alinskyism in branding their "enemies". I for one am not going to let them define me.

Ms. Borelli

"Within the pages of the Bible are the answers to all the problems men face.
"Facts are stubborn things.
"[Conservatives] believe everyday is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe everyday is April 15th.
"We cannot play innocents abroad in a world that is not innocent.
"People who are pro abortion are already born.
"The problem with liberals is not that they are ignorant, the problem is they know so much that is not so.
Ronald Reagan

IP Logged

Canis Minor
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #9 - 08/07/18 at 08:27:47
Print Post  
I'm going to "define" myself and suggest we all define ourselves in the same manner: I'm an American, we are all Americans. This is the only definition that really matters. The left's division is just BS designed to remove all of our rights and personal liberties.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › When did ‘Nationalism,’ ‘Alt-Right’ and ‘Populism’ become bad words?

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias