Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Hurricane Florence is a beast of a storm.....
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Hurricane Florence is a beast of a storm..... (Read 1,848 times)
dustymars
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Florence is a beast.....
Reply #20 - 09/11/18 at 07:55:26
Print Post  
muffin wrote on 09/10/18 at 11:38:00:
…..they used to 'seed' these hurricanes with iodine pellets back in the 60's to break them up.  Why don't they still do that? Undecided 

Remember Florida Congressman Claude Pepper?  In the late 40's he proposed using an atomic bomb to stop a hurricane.  Wow, that would do it, and would create a glowing super-hurricane.

IP Logged

Marine 13
Senior CF Member

Semper Fi!!

Re: Hurricane Florence is a beast of a storm.....
Reply #21 - 09/11/18 at 08:40:42
Print Post  
muffin wrote on 09/09/18 at 17:07:00:
…..due to hit the Carolinas Thursday as a possible category 4 with wind up to 140mph.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/09/florence-forecast-to-become-major-hurricane...

It's coming my way!  It's not coming my way.  It's coming my way!  It's not coming my way. 

The forcasters can't make up their minds.  So, I am going to sit here.  If it comes this way, I will go outside and give it the finger.  If it doesn't, then I bought a bunch of booze for nothing!

Humor folks!!!

No left turn on Red, White and Blue!!!

Once a Marine, always a Marine!!!

IP Logged

Gabriele
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #22 - 09/11/18 at 11:12:50
Print Post  
Marine 13 wrote on 09/11/18 at 08:40:42:
It's coming my way!  It's not coming my way.  It's coming my way!  It's not coming my way. 

The forcasters can't make up their minds.  So, I am going to sit here.  If it comes this way, I will go outside and give it the finger.  If it doesn't, then I bought a bunch of booze for nothing!

Humor folks!!!

There's always a reason for booze.   Grin  Good luck to you and stay safe.

IP Logged

cj_real_american
CF Presidents Club

Smitty Kitty is my boss.

Reply #23 - 09/11/18 at 15:18:20
Print Post  
As for me, it doesn't matter *when*  I will be praying for those in the wake of this storm, please be safe.

IP Logged

newt2008
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #24 - 09/11/18 at 15:48:09
Print Post  
The Stranger wrote on 09/11/18 at 07:19:46:
I am so sick of everytime there is bad weather the World is Ending.
Listen!!!! If you want to live in low lying areas along the coast or even below sea level at that life stinks for you. MOVE!
I grew up a mile from the ocean and as I got older worked in homes within feet of the water that were wiped out regularly! Then BILLIONS of my  tax money goes to rebuild homes I could never dream of living in.
Stop all BUILDING within 2 miles of High Tide. THE END!

WRAP YOUR PIPES!!!!! Then go buy lots of milk, bread and toilet paper. Don’t know what you will do with them but oh well......

Ms. Borelli

"Within the pages of the Bible are the answers to all the problems men face.
"Facts are stubborn things.
"[Conservatives] believe everyday is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe everyday is April 15th.
"We cannot play innocents abroad in a world that is not innocent.
"People who are pro abortion are already born.
"The problem with liberals is not that they are ignorant, the problem is they know so much that is not so.
Ronald Reagan

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #25 - 09/11/18 at 18:36:25
Print Post  
newt2008 wrote on 09/11/18 at 15:48:09:
WRAP YOUR PIPES!!!!! Then go buy lots of milk, bread and toilet paper. Don’t know what you will do with them but oh well......

Ms. Borelli

Smiley Smiley
"Bread & Milk"

Where's my RECIPROCITY???????
Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"
They Repealed My II Amendment I had No Guns
They Disregarded My V Amendment I Was Innocent
They Violated My IV Amendment I Had Nothing To Hide
They Repealed My I Amendment "I COULD SAY NOTHING"

IP Logged

Canis Minor
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #26 - 09/11/18 at 18:49:33
Print Post  
Bread and milk are two of the most stupid food items to buy before a storm. The milk will sour and the bread will mold. What you buy are all sorts of canned goods, crackers, granola bars, peanut butter and bottled water. You buy the type of things you would take camping for goodness sake.

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #27 - 09/11/18 at 20:48:01
Print Post  
Canis Minor wrote on 09/11/18 at 18:49:33:
Bread and milk are two of the most stupid food items to buy before a storm. The milk will sour and the bread will mold. What you buy are all sorts of canned goods, crackers, granola bars, peanut butter and bottled water. You buy the type of things you would take camping for goodness sake.

Not for me. I have 10 HP gasoline generator that I connect to a sub panel that powers nine 120 volt circuits (for two refrigerators and one freezer, and microwave, fish aquariums,, basic lighting and receptacles, emergency 5K BTU window A/C, etc.), and a 240 circuit for my well pump.

I learned my lesson long ago when I lost a stocked 20 CF freezer and refrigerator from hurricanes. A year ago yesterday I lost power for 5 days from Hurricane Irma. I would have been dead in the water without my generator and gas grill.

Still, I had to use my generator sparingly, lest I run out of gasoline, as all the gas stations ran out of gas.

But to your point, if you don't have a generator -- stocking up on milk or things that require refrigeration is an exercise in futility.

IP Logged

newt2008
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #28 - 09/11/18 at 21:11:53
Print Post  
WAlt wrote on 09/11/18 at 20:48:01:
Not for me. I have 10 HP gasoline generator that I connect to a sub panel that powers nine 120 volt circuits (for two refrigerators and one freezer, and microwave, fish aquariums,, basic lighting and receptacles, emergency 5K BTU window A/C, etc.), and a 240 circuit for my well pump.

I learned my lesson long ago when I lost a stocked 20 CF freezer and refrigerator from hurricanes. A year ago yesterday I lost power for 5 days from Hurricane Irma. I would have been dead in the water without my generator and gas grill.

Still, I had to use my generator sparingly, lest I run out of gasoline, as all the gas stations ran out of gas.

But to your point, if you don't have a generator -- stocking up on milk or things that require refrigeration is an exercise in futility.

Whatever you do WRAP YOUR PIPES.....

"Within the pages of the Bible are the answers to all the problems men face.
"Facts are stubborn things.
"[Conservatives] believe everyday is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe everyday is April 15th.
"We cannot play innocents abroad in a world that is not innocent.
"People who are pro abortion are already born.
"The problem with liberals is not that they are ignorant, the problem is they know so much that is not so.
Ronald Reagan

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #29 - 09/11/18 at 22:06:07
Print Post  
newt2008 wrote on 09/11/18 at 21:11:53:
Whatever you do WRAP YOUR PIPES.....

Why would you wrap the pipes?  We here in Chicagoland may do that to prevent freezing and bursting.  We also may open cabinet doors (where there are faucets above) to allow some heat to reach pipes.  The other thing is leaving water trickling so it doesn't sit in pipes and freeze.  But that is for super cold weather.

I don't understand why you would wrap pipes here!

I wouldn't want to stock up on cold stuff.  You might lose it.  Canned food and stuff not needing refrigeration (like peanut butter) would be better.  And a manual can opener!

Lily003   Undecided

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Hurricane Florence is a beast of a storm.....

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias