Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Hurricane Florence is a beast of a storm.....
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Hurricane Florence is a beast of a storm..... (Read 1,443 times)
Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Hurricane Florence is a beast of a storm.....
Reply #30 - 09/11/18 at 22:10:00
Print Post  
The Stranger wrote on 09/11/18 at 07:19:46:
I am so sick of everytime there is bad weather the World is Ending.
Listen!!!! If you want to live in low lying areas along the coast or even below sea level at that life stinks for you. MOVE!
I grew up a mile from the ocean and as I got older worked in homes within feet of the water that were wiped out regularly! Then BILLIONS of my  tax money goes to rebuild homes I could never dream of living in.
Stop all BUILDING within 2 miles of High Tide. THE END!

I agree that homes should not be built in places that get frequent catastrophes.  I know insurance companies limit selling in Florida and California.  I don't think homes built on mudslide territory or certain waters should be rebuilt over and over.  You take the risk.

Lily003   Huh

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #31 - 09/11/18 at 23:40:06
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 09/11/18 at 22:06:07:
Why would you wrap the pipes?  We here in Chicagoland may do that to prevent freezing and bursting.  We also may open cabinet doors (where there are faucets above) to allow some heat to reach pipes.  The other thing is leaving water trickling so it doesn't sit in pipes and freeze.  But that is for super cold weather.

I don't understand why you would wrap pipes here!

I wouldn't want to stock up on cold stuff.  You might lose it.  Canned food and stuff not needing refrigeration (like peanut butter) would be better.  And a manual can opener!

Lily003   Undecided

I think they were kidding about Wrapping Pipes. == In Houston our pipes are in the wall or the attic.  If it gets below 30 degrees we let water run and the outside pipe going to the house has to be wrapped. -- Where are your pipes in Chicago? As cold as it gets there I would think they would freeze easily unless hidden well in the house some how.

IP Logged

newt2008
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #32 - 09/12/18 at 00:31:25
Print Post  

Lily003   Undecided

Wrap your pipes is related more to snowstorms but I threw it in for the heck of it.  Its meant to mock the very fake new hysyterical drive by media and their overblown reporting before any storm.

Ms. Borelli

"Within the pages of the Bible are the answers to all the problems men face.
"Facts are stubborn things.
"[Conservatives] believe everyday is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe everyday is April 15th.
"We cannot play innocents abroad in a world that is not innocent.
"People who are pro abortion are already born.
"The problem with liberals is not that they are ignorant, the problem is they know so much that is not so.
Ronald Reagan

IP Logged

newt2008
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #33 - 09/12/18 at 00:32:25
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 09/11/18 at 23:40:06:
I think they were kidding about Wrapping Pipes. == In Houston our pipes are in the wall or the attic.  If it gets below 30 degrees we let water run and the outside pipe going to the house has to be wrapped. -- Where are your pipes in Chicago? As cold as it gets there I would think they would freeze easily unless hidden well in the house some how.

It is indeed a Houston joke - ala Michael Berry  Cool Cool Cool

"Within the pages of the Bible are the answers to all the problems men face.
"Facts are stubborn things.
"[Conservatives] believe everyday is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe everyday is April 15th.
"We cannot play innocents abroad in a world that is not innocent.
"People who are pro abortion are already born.
"The problem with liberals is not that they are ignorant, the problem is they know so much that is not so.
Ronald Reagan

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #34 - 09/12/18 at 05:53:22
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 09/11/18 at 22:10:00:
I agree that homes should not be built in places that get frequent catastrophes.  I know insurance companies limit selling in Florida and California.  I don't think homes built on mudslide territory or certain waters should be rebuilt over and over.  You take the risk.

Lily003   Huh

Smiley Smiley

I will pick on NJ since I grew up there. Most of Sandy's destruction was to homes that were built on what was Swamps, Marshes, and just open Bays and Water Ways when I grew up. They took waterways and back filled them for YRS and created entire developments of thousands of houses! Then mother nature takes her land back and it's a catastrophe! NO it towns seeing Local Tax money is all. Well do ya know where the Federal tax money comes from?
Areas I used to fish and crab at are now Uber High End Developments that get wiped out during every Major or not so Major storm.
Sorry but my taxes shouldn't subsides homes of Millionaires!

Where's my RECIPROCITY???????
Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"
They Repealed My II Amendment I had No Guns
They Disregarded My V Amendment I Was Innocent
They Violated My IV Amendment I Had Nothing To Hide
They Repealed My I Amendment "I COULD SAY NOTHING"

IP Logged

Canis Minor
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #35 - 09/12/18 at 07:08:22
Print Post  
There is only one thing you can do about a hurricane of this magnitude...you get the hell out of it's way, period. I hope and pray everyone heeds this advice.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #36 - 09/12/18 at 07:25:55
Print Post  
Canis Minor wrote on 09/12/18 at 07:08:22:
There is only one thing you can do about a hurricane of this magnitude...you get the hell out of it's way, period. I hope and pray everyone heeds this advice.

I heard on the news that they made an Interstate one way, both sides.  I can understand why, but I would hope they have the correct precautions.  That could be a mess.

IP Logged

WAlt
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #37 - 09/12/18 at 08:00:13
Print Post  
Why would you wrap the pipes?  We here in Chicagoland may do that to prevent freezing and bursting.  We also may open cabinet doors (where there are faucets above) to allow some heat to reach pipes.  The other thing is leaving water trickling so it doesn't sit in pipes and freeze.  But that is for super cold weather.

I wouldn't want to stock up on cold stuff.  You might lose it.  Canned food and stuff not needing refrigeration (like peanut butter) would be better.  And a manual can opener!

Lily003   Undecided

LOL! I thought she was just kidding (like she replied to you) or that it was some kind of figure of speech I never heard.

I know outdoor water pipes in areas where it freezes are first wrapped with a heating cable (they are thermostatically controlled to come on when the outside air temperature drops to near freezing. The cables are supple like a very flexible extension cord. They are spirally wrapped along the pipe.), then wrapped over with insulation to hold in the heat from the heating cable.

IP Logged

Canis Minor
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #38 - 09/12/18 at 09:08:58
Print Post  
It's (obviously) not going to drop below freezing in North/South Carolina in mid September. I'm pretty sure the pipe thing was humor.

What homeowners really should do is to board up windows and turn off the main water and power before leaving. Then people need to run, run, run, run...it could literally cost you your life if you don't.

IP Logged

Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk Is Cheep

Reply #39 - 09/12/18 at 09:53:11
Print Post  
As Hurricane Florence barrels toward US, 'worst case scenario' simulation of Category 4 storm shows catastrophic devastation

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/12/as-hurricane-florence-barrels-toward-us-wor...

Often it is Floridians who others feel bad for.  I remember when Andrew tore through Florida, missing us though.  Experiencing Charley when it caused over 20G damage to my home some years back, that was enough to have to go through.  I can't even imagine what damage this may cause.  Yes, I do feel bad for those it will hit.

One lesson I learned from a victim of Andrew, when she lost her entire home.  She stated, "I don't know why people run out and buy food, because if it doesn't hit, you won't need it.  And if it does hit, you won't be hungry anyway."  Undecided

For anyone here who may be in the path of this storm, please do whatever you possibly can to stay safe.  Maybe with some last hour luck, the storm will weaken somehow, or fast.

If You're Here To Teach, Then You've Much To Learn

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Hurricane Florence is a beast of a storm.....

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias